“Convenient, great service and very trendy” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Memphis, Tennessee
“Convenient, great service and very trendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is my second Aloft Hotel to stay at. This particular hotel has the perfect location, being very close to DEN, restaurants, shopping, etc. The staff is very nice, knowledgable and enthusiastic. Just two complaints: the bed is somewhat stiff, but not unbearable, and I received two 3:30am wake-up calls...when none were requested. The front desk associate was very apologetic. There is a different bar special each night, which makes it fun. There is also a DJ on most nights. Great place to stay for frequent travelers needing be close to the airport.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top (5th) floor so you don't hear people above you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Matt K, Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the bed and the unwelcome wake-up call at 3:30am. I hope to see you back on your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Hudson, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. The concrete floors and circular desk greeted us as we checked in. They were friendly and helpful. We were surprised to see a full service bar, with some food options and an indoor pool. While we did not utilize either, thery seemed very nice. There were comfortable seating arrangements in the lobby and given the size of the rooms, they are probably used often. There was a very nice oudoor seating area, but as there had just been a big snow storm, we did use this option either.
The room itself was very small, just a kingsize bed with attached small side tables in bedroom. A large desk area with multiple electric plugs. This hotel is all about design and form. It works well; from, the sliding mirrored door in bathroom to functional purple bench for a seating area.
My only problem was that there was a significant cold draft on the floor near the heating/AC unit.
It is a mattress on a platform...be careful, the mattress is slippery and you may find that it moves quite abit. It is very comfortable, however.

It is close to the airport, one of many in the area. They have a shuttle to the airport. We had a car to return to the rental agency, so did use it, but it was available.There are numerous dining options within wakling distance from an A&W to Ted Turners Restaurant and Applybees. They also have casual food, (sandwiches, yogart, salads, chips, etc) plus breakfast items for sale in the lobby.

It was a good value and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will look into the draft near the AC unit. I hope to see you in the future and hopefully it will be in the summer so you can utilize the back yard seating area.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed one night at Aloft near Denver International Airport. The staff, especially John helped me with the paperwork I need the following day as well as other office supplies I need. Next day they even gave me a a 4:00PM check-out! It was a great experience and made my business meeting this much better!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us; especially that John went out of his way to help you. I will certainly pass your kind comments over to him. I hope to see you in the future.
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My travel agency suggested I switch to this hotel as it was much closer to the airport and I was trying to get on a flight after they had been cancelled for 2 days due to a storm on the East Coast.

Had a room on the forth floor. Had stayed at another Aloft before and this one was appointed about the same. King size bed with a large TV mounted on wall. Good channel selection on Satellite. Bathroom was good size with stand up shower and seat. Shower has a curtain but there is no lip on floor so I didn't really see the sense. Room also came with a Frig and a Wall Safe both very good size.

Room also had door to adjoining room but I was alone so this didn't matter to me.

Had it's own thermostat and the heat on kept the room at the temperature that I set it for.

Staff was social and friendly. The fellow at the front desk in the morning invited me to enjoy the Continental breakfast that I didn't know was included.

Room Tip: ask for room facing airport
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Matt K, Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We truly appreciate your feedback and can't wait to have you visit us again!
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My Wife and I have stayed at the new Aloft hotel in Denver 3-times now ans we absolutely love the feel of the place, THE DESIGN AND MOST OF ALL THE PEOPLE.

It must be the Rocky Mountains, or the altitude or just the people in Colorado. This company has great, awesome people who work there.

From the front desk to the cleaning staff to the gal who prepares the continental breakfast, everybody is genuinely nice and cheerful.

The design and feel of this place is totally different from other hotels. Very modern, stainless steel, glass, angles, it feels like a cruise ship. I can't say enough about the feel of this hotel. Even the bathroom and showers are ultra modern. Why go to an old hotel when you can stay at a place like this.

Great price, free shuttle to the DIA airport, Good restaurants across the street, You can leave your car and not pay crazy airport parking costs. (The money I save on parking almost pays for my stay at ALOFT.) There is a small charge to leave your car at Aloft, but nothing in comparison to airport parking, AND NO RABBITS.)

I just read another review and to answer that, I LIKE the "Industrial feel" of the place. Rather than making me feel old, (which I am, but not at heart) It makes me feel alive and young Get with the program folks, this is not a practice run. Be positive, be grateful, have FUN! Try new places, drive home a different way, Stop and look at how lucky you are.

OK, I'm done lecturing. If you are adventurous, try this place, YOU WILL LOVE IT !!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The reviews for this property are mixed. I've stayed here 3 or 4 times and always keep it to a 1-night stay. The reason I choose it is primarily due to SPG but also because they offer affordable rates with a convenient location.

The room is functional and basic. I agree with others that the lighting is poor. The beds are comfortable and bedside outlets are available.

The lobby includes a trendy bar with free billiard tables. It had good energy and was a good place to lounge rather than sitting in the room.

The gym has one multi-purpose weight machine, a rack of weights and standard cardio equipment.

Within walking distance are Applebee's, Chicago Uno, Outback and Einstein Bros. The lobby bar also serves food now, but the menu is limited since the food is prepped in a microwave.

I've never taken the airport shuttle but noticed that upon checkout in the morning (left at 6:15 am on a Saturday) there was a queue. Be sure to allow yourself plenty of time.

If you are looking for an airport hotel or a place for a 1-night stay, this property is a good option if the price is right.

Room Tip: Request 5th floor (top floor) to minimize noise from rooms above you
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Today is February 18, 2013. It's about 5:00 a.m. So, this is fresh. We had never stayed at an aLoft before, so this was a new experience for us. We normally stay at Westin's, but this is a Starwood property, so we decided to stay here to try something new.

Let's be positive first. The hotel is very convienent to the airport and it has a shuttle for it. The cost is cheap in comparison to location. The have relatively new flat screens mounted on the walls. There are lots of places to eat right around it. They have wifi included in the cost of your room. That is the end of the positive.

We stayed in room 428. When we entered the hotel we found it to be extremely loud in in the lobby. Cranked up music like disco tech. It was not serene nor relaxing like the other Starwood properties. When we checked in the gentlemen at the desk who was an older man, identified and thanked us for being SPG members. I believe he identified himself as "Bill." We perceived him to be very annoyed he had to stop work to actually take care of guest. And he was dressed in jeans. I guess this is the hotels uniform... I have no idea. I think the hotel is going after some Euro-Chik motif and attitude... Well this isn't Europe and people want to feel important, like their money is important, and that they are getting a lot for their dollar. When we came back from dinner he was too busy texting to even greet us as we walked in the door.

The room. Amazingly small. The room could fit in my bathroom at home. There was a brown stain in the carpet. The bed is extremely uncomfortable and sits on a floating piece of wood. You have no closet. The bathroom door is sliding AND it leaves a 1" gap between the wall and the door... This is by design and is meant to be this way. So, privacy of the bathroom is an issue. The heater/air conditioner is loud and is either hot as hell or freezing you out. It also puts out quite a bit of light. The walls and ceiling are paper thin and made it so, you could even hear other people's conversations. The pillows are unacceptable. They are those ultra-plush pillows that you have to fold over twice to give any support.

If this is how an aLoft is supposed to be... Starwood needs to shut this line down immediately. There is no way I would want the Starwood name attached to this kind of hotel. There are too many other hotels in the area to stay at. This is the third Starwood property I've stayed at in the last year. All have disappointed me. I think it's time to return to Marriott.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt K, Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Gosh I am so sorry for the inconvenience! I read your feedback and I was so disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay. This was certainly out-of-the-norm, as a majority of our feedback is very positive and I want you to be able to have a positive experience with us.

Please reach out to me or my assistant Matt and we will gladly send you a certificate for a free night stay with us.

Been to aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!