“Bad experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Vail, Colorado
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've never had such a terrible sleep in a hotel before. Between the AC kicking on and off LOUDLY every 10 minutes, the freeway and the loud/annoying lobby music I couldn't sleep for anything. When I went to pull down the sheets there were long and not so long (ew) black hairs everywhere. I had to get clean sheets brought up and when I went to change them there was so much hair on the mattress protector I couldn't help but get some sort of hair on my sheets. Not what I wanted to deal with at 11:30 p.m. I was also led to believe that both parking and breakfast were included...they were not. Nothing nice about my experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
AloftDenverAirport, General Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Greetings AirDH,

Gosh I am so sorry for the inconvenience! I read your feedback and I was so disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay. This was certainly out-of-the-norm, as a majority of our feedback is very positive and I want you to be able to have a positive experience with us.

Please reach out to me or my assistant Matt and we will gladly send you a certificate for a free night stay with us.

Best regards,
Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Eagle, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

love staying at this hotel. Clean, quiet rooms, good bar and a great staff. Easy, free shuttle to the airport. Have left my car here on a dozen occasions and have never had a problem. John at the front desk is exceptional, and Justin at the bar was great, especially since he had a total of one customer on Thanksgiving, me. Wish there was one in Reno from the night before!

Room Tip: Anything but the few rooms on the first floor, although those are only a bit noisy if their is a lar...
aloha skierguy13!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for mentioning our awesome team!

Hope you stay with us again soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here before an early flight. What a nice surprise. Great rooms, quiet, free wifi and breakfast. I love it! Will definitely stay here again. Add large flat screen tv, friendly service and efficient space planning... A great choice

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
AloftDenverAirport, General Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
aloha skier003!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Come stay with us again soon!

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I ended up here when a series of screwups by United resulted in a missed connection to my flight home. I'm an SPG member but didn't get points for this stay because I was on a United voucher. At checkout, they tried to charge me for the stay and had to re-do the bill to reflect the voucher. They seem to have a lot of inexperienced people and trainees at the desk.
This was my first stay at an Aloft and under different circumstances it would probably be a fun a hip hotel. The rooms have a hip design and I loved the Nylon and National Geo magazines! The bar has a friendly barkeep and not much too offer in the way of food. There's no actual sit down restaurant and breakfast has all the charm of a fast-food drive through. I met Coloradans who drive in from outlying parts of the state and stay here over night while waiting to catch a flight out of DIA the next day. Allow extra time because all hotels including this one are at least a 20 minute drive on the free shuttle.

Room Tip: Check your bill so you don't get overcharged.
Howdy reliantship!

Sorry to hear about your experience with the airlines. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you at our hotel. We do have some new talent memebers on board and I'm sorry if there was any inconvenience with the billing - I'll be sure to address that with the team so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Thanks again for staying with us and have a great day!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here for a small business meeting. The rooms and property are identical to every aloft I have stayed at. I can always count on aloft for my business travel. Check in is super fast, and the rooms are always clean. As far as using their meeting facilities I probably wouldn’t do it again since they don’t have on site catering. However, if you don’t need catering, their meeting rooms are great for groups of 20 or less. My stay was great and I would recommend aloft to other business travelers who don’t require a full service hotel and need accommodations near the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
aloha Cowbell2011!

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you get to stay with us again soon!

Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nice Euro-chic style hotel, reasonably priced. Friendly staff. Had my favorite breakfast (bagel and coffee) for a reasonable price. The music in the elevator and lounge was too loud for me ... but the younger crowd enjoyed it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AloftDenverAirport, General Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Greetings Silver T!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us!

I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff. Sorry about the music - we do like to rock out with our guests ;-)

Come back and stay with us!
Buena Vista, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A great way to start our vacation. Very comfortable. Affordable park and fly. A good nights sleep and the ease of getting to the Airport without driving all over the place to get parked and catch an early flight. Close to good food. On time shuttle. We will use them again. Easy to access off of I-70 on to Pena Blvd then an early exit and west a short distance. Visible from the Highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Howdy mikemaz57!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found us to be convenient for your travel needs! We are the most unique hotel in the Gateway Park - we stick out especially at night with our cool neon colors.

Thanks again and come back soon!
Mike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Denver International Airport
HYATT house Denver Airport

Been to aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!