“Conveniently close to the airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park

You added Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park to your Saves list
Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16921 East 32nd Avenue, I-70 & Airport Boulevard, Aurora, CO 80011 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Minneapolis, MN
“Conveniently close to the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I grabbed a room at the Lexington ahead of a very early flight so I could attempt to get a good night's sleep before heading for the airport. Lexington offered a shuttle that could get me to the airport for my 6am flight, and for the price, it was a no-brainer. I arrived around 10 pm to find a fully lobby. This was probably more of a coincidental backup, but it was unfortunate that it took a good 15 minutes to get checked in, as the line piled up. Once I got to my room, I was disappointed to walk into a stuffy, slightly odiferous abode. I had to open the window and get the HVAC system going. Much like a lot of hotels of this sort, the HVAC was effective but loud. It had a tendency to wake me up when it kicked on. All this being said, the room, was clean and in good repair. Overall, the hotel had the look of a worn, albeit well maintained, establishment.

I would comment on the breakfast, but I was up at 4:45, well in advance of the 7:00am opening time. The preparations were being made, however, and it appeared to be a pretty robust spread. If this is your thing, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stockton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport, and one couple was flying in and out for the wedding we were all attending. The rest of us were driving. There were actually 4 couples and 1 family and we wanted to stay at the same place. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was welcome. There was plenty of food including some hot items. A computer in the lobby was available for those who needed it, although it did stop working while we were there.
The staff was helpful and friendly, and our GPS got us to the hotel just. fine.
I would stay there again - the price was very good.

Room Tip: The hotel has 3 floors with 1 elevator. You can also use the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Christopher K, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Ms. Maxine C,

Thank you so much for your input. We strive to provide a clean room, with the utmost care for our guests and we are pleased your stay was delightful. The lobby computer has already been fixed, but I do apologize it was down while you were with us. While technology tends to have its own issues at times, in the future, please go to the front desk with any computer needs and they will be able to assist you in any way possible.

Thank you again for your kinds words and thank you for choosing Lexington Inn & Suites!

Fraser Valley, British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I doubt we would have chosen the Lexington Inn on our own, but our flight was cancelled by United Airlines and they assigned us a room. It is a 15 minute shuttle ride from the hotel. The shuttle only runs on the hour, so we had to wait half an hour. How does the saying go: "I did not love" my first impression of the Lexington. No exterior signage to speak of; when the shuttle pulled in I actually thought he was taking a short cut past an empty building. The lobby is shabby '80's. We got there at 10 pm after a long day of late flights and cancellations (it was the day tornadoes hit Illinois and the Chicago airport shut down, which in turn shut down United.), so exhausted as we were, it was still off-putting. The night clerk was a mess. I guess United sending a hotel full of people overwhelmed him, because he was clearly counting the minutes to a meeting with Jack Daniels. He was training an assistant who was so slow you just wanted to take over for him. It took 22 minutes to check in. Not to wait for others ahead of us, 22 minutes just for us. While we were waiting, a couple came in who had actually booked a room there by choice and had been driving around the area looking for it because... no signage.

We got our key and headed down a pretty depressing hallway, dreading what the room would look like. SURPRISE! When we opened the door we discovered a really clean, nice room. The beds were extremely comfortable, the A/C worked great and was quieter than the more expensive hotel we had just come from in New Orleans. The bathroom was clean, the shower was great, and it was a welcome rest.

This is a converted Comfort Inn, and what it looks like is happening is that they are putting the money into the rooms first, and probably will get to the halls and lobby later. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got.

Aside from being overwhelmed at the desk, the staff was great. In fact, the continental breakfast begins at 6am. But the 5am shuttle was full of people from the cancelled flight the night before, so the hotel made sack snacks for everyone to take with them and actually had the breakfast pretty much open at 5, a full hour before they were supposed to open. Come on, how many hotels would do that? I've been in high end hotels that would have laughed at such consideration.

At this point in its evolution, the Lexington is not a destination stay to experience Denver from. But I would not hesitate to choose it for a reasonably priced sleep over. It's handy to the airport and if you're okay with planning around the top-of-the-hour shuttle schedule, the drivers are good and very helpful. The staff is really accommodating. I hope they make something of the place. I'll be cheering them on.

Room Tip: Thin walls, so you're at the mercy of your neighbors. I'd go top floor to avoid ceiling sto...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Christopher K, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear TooSlim55,

Thank you for your kind works about the staff and rooms. I would like to notify you of our new ownership and the direction they are taking this property. As we are going through a franchise change, the new exterior signage will be up by next week. You are correct in our plans to renovate the lobby this fall. We have hired many new employees as again, we are bringing this property to a new level of service. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our room, and service. I hope you come visit us again once the renovation is complete. I am confident you will be surprised again!

Christopher Kim
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had an early morning flight from DIA so drove up the night before. Used ParkSleepFly.com.
Hotel was clean, nice spacious room with 2 queen bed. Good for our family of 4 (2 kids 8 & 6). Nice pool. Was able to leave my car for the duration of our trip. Shuttle to the airport on the hour. Was not able to try the breakfast as we had to take the shuttle prior to breakfast start.
On our return, called the hotel for pick up. Van arrived 40 minutes after I called.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Christopher K, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear edmancs,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We take pride in our service and product and are glad you chose to stay with us. We understand you have many choices and appreciate your feedback. Please note for the future that if your shuttle time departs prior to our regular breakfast start time, coffee is available 24 hours, and we always can prepare a cold continental breakfast upon request.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Littleton, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

The Lexington has recently changed from the Comfort Inn and I hope they got a good deal. The reception staff was very friendly, but the room was in serious need of attention. Obviously no one had stayed in the room or cleaned it for weeks since daylight savings time changed because the clocks were an hour off. The alarm clock was quite "iffy" and I called reception to emphasize the importance of my 3:30 am wake-up call. I did get the call. Half of the draperies were pulled off, the lampshade by the bed was just gross, wall paper was pealing, the flickering light on the hair dryer was annoying enough that I needed to unplug it in order to avoid wondering about paranormal activity, and the walls are paper-thin. Every time a toilet flushed in the rooms next to me, I felt like I was right there, but it was similar to the flush one experiences in an airplane. If you need to stay there, ask for a top floor so you won't have to listen to people walking on the floor above and bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid hearing the pitter-patter of feet above
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Christopher K, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, March 27, 2015
Dear Randi S,

Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay. I am thankful of the great staff we have here and your confirmation of this is comforting. I did want to let you know we have a cleaning and inspection process in place to help minimize cleanliness issues. However, it does appear the ball was dropped on your particular instance. I would like to assure your experience is not to our standard and this issue will be investigated and resolved. I do hope to earn your business back and that you will give us another try.

Thank you for choosing Lexington Inn & Suites.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015 via mobile

The room was very clean,although the furniture was a little dated...my room phone was not working, & was replaced soon after I notified staff. The staff was very friendly & eager to help with a smile on their face. My room had a nice flat screen TV with direct TV service that included HBO. The heater blew hot air but was also the dated type & I had to constantly turn on & off to keep my room at a comfortable temperature.

• Stayed March 2015
Delilah K, Assistant General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, March 6, 2015
Thank you so much for your review. Here at Lexington Inn & Suites we are proud to have excellent staff members that work very hard to maintain guest relations and to promote a positive guest experience. We are in the process of remodeling this property, and we hope that you will come stay with us again in the near future so you can experience our renovations as well as our smiling staff.
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

Our flight was cancelled on 2/21/15 due to a snow storm in Denver. It took three hours for the shuttle to arrive at the airport, considering the roads and the fact that all employees couldn't get to the hotel for their shift. Conner was the driver and was very helpful and apologized for the wait. The Lexington is a former Days Inn and definitely a 2 star property. However, we were thankful for the clean comfortable bed on which to lay our heads. The breakfast was satisfactory, especially since there are no restaurants in the immediate area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Delilah K, AGM at Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
While I am very sorry for your cancelled flight during the snowstorm, I would like to thank you for your review. We do the best we can to accommodate each and every one of our guests no matter what their situation is or how they come to our property. We are always happy to do whatever we can to make our guests comfortable and to help ease their mind during stressful times. That being said, It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, Thank you for choosing Lexington Inn & Suites DIA.

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!