“Great place! Great atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 148 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Original building and bar from 1892 in the heart of Aspen on the mall.
“Great place! Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We ordered fish taco's they were awesome and I got a martini that was good. The price was very reasonable for downtown aspen! Our waitress left the restaurant in the middle of our dinner and we kind of had to ask other waiters to help us but everything else was enjoyable!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boulder, Colorado
“Classic Aspen Revived!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My heart broke when the Red Onion closed its doors awhile back. I sighed as I realized that another local institution, an oasis for many had finally succumbed to rising prices and high competition. To my delight, the Onion reopened a few years back with a fresh renovation and new owners. I was very happy to see they did not change much of the original 1892 building facade and kept the amazing silver ceiling in place. The outdoor seating is hard to obtain, but worth it for the people-watching and view. The restaurant has been open for over 100 years and is booming once again, with a great bar crowd as well as tasty food. This is another "go to" place when I visit town and I am proud to say I hosted my pre-engagement party dinner here.

Visited March 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Soup....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Big screens to watch sports.Cold beers and very tasty soups.The service is also great and not expensive at all.I recommended.

Visited December 2012
Georgia
“A great local place to try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We took a chance on this place as many of the Trip Advisor reviews were mixed. We are so glad we gave it a shot! The waitstaff was attentive and it just felt like a local place to be a part of. A very young feel and if you want to watch football and enjoy a beer and a burger at a very reasonable place for Aspen, you will not be disappointed. We ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and a burger and they both were plentiful and delicious. It's a bar with a good vibe and good beer and good bar food. Don't go expecting anything else and you will be pleased.

Visited November 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our meal at The historic Red Onion was very good. We had fish tacos and wonderful nachos which we ate outside as it was a beautiful day. Our server was gracious and very attentive. We were very pleased with our entire dining experience at the Red Onion.

• Visited September 2012