“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Aspen B&B and Inns
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

All hotels in Aspen are more than pricey...which why I gave the Annabelle Inn 4 out of 5. Other than the cost, it was a very cozy place. My room was just off of the central courtyard on the ground floor, and I rarely heard anyone around me. The rooms are furnished nicely with an LCD TV, wireless internet and a spacious bathroom. Although I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast, one is available (continental style).

The Annabelle is on the main drag of Aspen and just a short 5 min walk to downtown (~6 blocks or so). If I had to spend the money to stay in Aspen again, I would certainly stay here again.

• Liked — The Rooms
  • Disliked — The Cost
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2007

We recently stayed at the Annabelle Inn for 3 nights. I would definitely return. We actually felt as if we got what we paid for which isn't common in Aspen from what we can tell. As others have said, our room and bathroom were very clean and well appointed (loved the natural stone in the bath--very unusual) and the lobby is very cozy and comfortable at this small hotel where they have books and games that guests can sit and play by the fire. Our room had two queen beds and was very comfortable and large. They put us in this larger quiet room because we had a baby with pack n play--very thoughtful and helpful. Our friends had a single queen and their room was considerably smaller but also very nice and comfortable.

I echo what others say about staying away from the rooms that are right up front facing Main St. Keep in mind that this is a small hotel and there is no room service or other meal service except for a basic continental breakfast, but on the other hand the location is great, the service friendly and helpful, and in walking distance to everything in town. We kept our car parked just about the whole time (parking in Aspen is a pain).

Area for improvement: One of the managers was a bit draconian about taking food from the breakfast area back to our rooms (he swiftly headed two of us off at the pass on two different occasions). His reason seemed sound on one level (previous guests had made a mess), but in our judgment was patronizing and something I've never experienced in many travels and in many hotels. I think it would be better to let go and to just accept the risk as other hotels do.

All in all, if/when I return to Aspen, I'd book at the Annabelle in a heartbeat (assuming management keeps things as tip top as they have so far).

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wallasey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

We found this hotel through Trip Advisor and were not disappointed! We arrived after the office had closed, but they had arranged for us to receive our room key so it was no problem. The rooms are all decorated very nicely and it was extremely clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. It is obvious that a lot of time and thought has gone into remodeling and redecorating this Inn. Our favorite part of the stay was the outdoor hot tub upstairs...our only suggestion is to put a barrier up because we could see into another house and they could see us!

The location is great - there is a bus stop right outside the hotel that will take you to Maroon Bells (a must see!) and downtown Aspen is within walking distance. During breakfast we told one of the owners we wanted to hike so he retrieved a great guidebook for us to take with us.

Excellent service - great value for money. If you're looking for an affordable hotel in Aspen, choose Annabelle!

• Stayed June 2006
Charley_Case, Innkeeper at Annabelle Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2006
December 3, 2006

Greeting travelers,

I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful reviews! Things just keep getting better here. One of the reasons is guest response, both good and bad.

The snow is great and we look forward to seeing everyone this winter.

Charley Case
Innkeeper
Alpharetta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2006

Our family enjoyed a wonderful stay at The Annabelle Inn. The decor in the rooms was cozy and comfortable with beautiful bathrooms. The breakfast area was very inviting and it was all within walking distance of town. Can't wait for a return trip!

• Stayed May 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Annabelle to ski in the area. We could not have been more delighted with the quaintness and cleaniness of the hotel and friendliness of the staff. The breakfast bar was delightful and the coffee hot. The hotel is located near the bus stops to the ski resorts and within walking distance to town so we didn't even need a vehicle. We will definately return and we highly recommend this great hotel.

Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

We just got back from a long weekend at the Annabelle in and truely enjoyed our stay. The Inn has a nice lodge feel to it, but is completely modern with new bathrooms and appointments. There are two outdoor hot tubs which are nice after a day of skiing and the shuttle bus stop a block away is very convenient. The hotel is only a short walk into town for dinner or shopping. The only issue I had with the hotel which was identified by other readers is we were placed in a lower level street side room that is incredibly noisy and small. I live in Manhattan and it was too noisy for me. The hotel moved us to another room without problem after the first night. I would suggest they upgrade customers out of this room if another room is available when people check in and it should be more clearly marked on the web site. Overall, the Inn is a great place to stay if you are heading to Aspen and want a small hotel feel.

• Stayed February 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2006

I just returned from a four-day stay at the Annabelle Inn in Aspen and was blown away by this little hotel in the Rockies. From the time I arrived to when I left I was constantly impressed by the level of service and comfortable, clean and charming atmosphere. I was with 10 co-workers and all of us could not stop raving about the charm of the hotel.

The rooms: Each one is uniquely decorated and a little small (but adequate space). Mine had hip rustic lodge feel. The bathrooms were modern and spotless. I felt like I was stayingin the guestroom at a rich friend's house.

The Lobby: Quaint and cozy. Huge flat-screen t.v. above a roaring fire and two large brown leather couches. We all ordered pizza and watched the Bronco's game.

The Service: I think this is the best part of the Annabelle Inn. I called to enquire about an airport shuttle and before I knew they said they were on the way. They picked me up in a new SUV and the driver proceeded to check me in and bring me to my room. I have never had such personal service before. They were so knowledgable and friendly and were constantly making sure that we were all content. Thanks to Charlie for a great stay. We all loved it there!

I would recommend the Annabelle Inn to any and everyone.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business