“Great Service, No Frills Accommodation” 4 of 5 stars

Aspen Mountain Lodge
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   311 West Main Street, Aspen, CO 81611   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Aspen B&B and Inns
London
“Great Service, No Frills Accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2007

I chose this hotel due to the price and was not disappointed. It is only a short walk to downtown Aspen and the bus stops near the hotel for access to the skiing.

The staff were great, the rooms were clean and spacious, however, mine was a little bit on the dark side.

There are most certainly nicer hotels in Aspen, but I would definitely reccommend the Aspen Mountain Lodge as a good quality budget option.

• Liked — Value for Money
  • Disliked — The darkness of my room
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bordentown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2007

Very satisifed with my 4 night stay at the Aspen Mountain Lodge. Within easy walking distance to downtown, buses and the gondola. Room was large and spacious. The staff was very pleasant and I enjoyed a cup of tea every afternoon in front of the fireplace.

• Stayed December 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

Aspen is an expensive town, so it was good to find an affordable place to stay. We had a room with a balcony on an upper floor and it was very spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. it is a homey sort of place with a nice lounge on the lower ground floor. the breakfast was marginal, but that is almost to be expected. i would go back.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2006

I booked the Aspen Mountain Lodge at the last minute when I decided to drive to Aspen for the Jazz Festival. The hotel offers a great value in an otherwise expensive town. Located right on the main street into Aspen, it is easy walking distance to the downtown area. For those choosing not to walk, there is a free shuttle that services all of Aspen. This is important because parking can be a challenge (and pricey) in town. The hotel does have free parking. My caveate here is that when I returned at night the lot was full and I had to park on the street. Street parking required the purchase of a permit (I think it was only a couple of bucks) and I was surprised that the night clerk charged me for the permit. The charge was reversed when I got my bill, without my asking.

I had the lowest priced garden room. It was extremely comfortable with a very nice bed, quality linens and nice furnishings. The room was large and could have slept 4. It would have been a good room for a family. There was a packet of brochures detailing all of the activites in the area and a magazine with restaurants and menues. The bath towels were a reallly nice surprise; thick and plush. (I even made a note of the brand thinking I'd like to buy them for home). The soaps and shampoos were all upmarket quality.

Finally, there was a coffee maker, REAL ceramic mugs and a goodie bag with oatbars, cereal and candies. Very nice addition. Breakfast is included in the price of the stay. It was a better than average buffet breakfast, with make your own waffles.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to anyone going to Aspen who doesn't want to break the bank.

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 days while in Aspen. The hosts were always there to answer questions, or even find information for us on the web. The price was excellent for our two-day stay, with a very nice breakfast included. We would definitely stay there when we go back to Aspen.

• Stayed May 2006
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2004

My husband and I stayed on a weekend getaway and it was perfect. It is in easy walking distance of the downtown area and great restaurants. The rooms were cozy, clean and nice. The best part is the central lodge with a huge stone fireplace, comfy leather couches and lots of books and boardgames for the guests to use. There was a good continental breakfast included too. We will be returning when we go ski!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2004

We stayed at this hotel last weekend, and I was so impressed! It is not only beautiful, but they seem to have anticipated our every need. We brought our 2 little dogs, and they were very welcoming to them and even gave them water bowls and chew toys! The room was lovely and the sitting areas with the fireplace (right outside the room) was delightful. The service was great and the hotel is within walking distance of downtown. We'll never stay anywhere else in Aspen except this lovely place!

Been to Aspen Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!