“Friendliest, most comforatable, obliging staff in Colorado.” 5 of 5 stars

Conde Nast #6 Best Hotels
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Burlington
“Friendliest, most comforatable, obliging staff in Colorado.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

The staff truly do love the work they do. You can always tell a happy staff. Funny, helpful and knowlegeable group. We stayed with our young grandchildren, and I have to say it was a super experience for all of us. I love that the Hotel Jerome is so family friendly, and Dog Friendly also.
The rooms were large,very comfy and the rest of the Hotel was truly lovely. You walk in to some great Colorado History at this place. But more importantly you walk into a relaxed and fun enviroment. It's centrally located so the whole town is at walking distance for you. Tthe food is good, the service superb. And the front desk help is so much fun. Best be prepared to have your every want met! They do key in on GREAT service, and great fun.
I loved the deep tubs, the huge showers, and the very comfy beds. The fact that this is a Historic Hotel and still you have quiet rooms is a plus. I've stayed in some historic hotels where the walls are so thin you can hear everything that's going on in the hotel. But not here, it's quiet, relaxing, and a beautiful place. If you're going to Aspen, go to the Jerome, it is Aspen in all it's glory!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The Hotel Jerome has great history and lovely common areas and it is within walking distance of everywhere in town. The guest rooms are sizable--we stayed in a one bedroom suite with our kids on roll-aways in the living room and managed not to get in each others' way. However, the rooms could use some updating. We stayed in the older part of the hotel and have no idea if rooms on the newer side were more modern than what we had. The service overall was accessible and accommodating but not very sophisticated--very young.
The pool is on the small side and was heated to a very high temperature. The restaurant was very nice for dinner,not so much for breakfast (very slow service in the morning) and, like all places in Aspen, on the expensive side--but no more so than many other restaurants in town. We enjoyed the hotel but, given the price, expected it to be more luxurious than it was.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

This hotel is gorgeous and has great views of Aspen Mountain. The staff at the front end were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The bellhops were informative and funny. The food at the JBar was good, even eating very late one night they still had the whole menu available. The room was amazing, even facing the main street was quite enough to sleep and the views in the morning were great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Aspen.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Beautifully restored historic Inn in Aspen town center...walking distance to everything. We loved the Inn and the location. Staff (hotel) is pleasant and professional, but if you need anything remember you have to ask for it.
We were in a Jr Suite and it was huge...quite nice for a long stay. Filtered water is supplied in the room and re-stocked each day (or you can call for more if you need it prior to the daily re-fills)
We tried 4 different meals here during our 5 night stay (breakfast, dinner and supper and one attempt at room service)...none were good, due to food and service. However, the Hotel management staff did compensate us for our issues, which we greatly appreciated.
In addition, keep in mind this Inn is in Aspen Town Center so there is zero parking and you must deal with valet parking...which means you have to unload and load your car in front of the hotel on busy Main Street, Aspen. So, if you are 'road tripping' be sure to pack in a way that allows easy/quick unloading/loading of your vehicle...otherwise, you may be placed in an uncomfortable position.
Bottomline...we would stay here again and would recommend staying here to friends, but unless they get a new chef and cooking staff we wouldn't eat there and would not recommend anyone else to eat at any of there dining locations.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My first time to Aspen, plan landed very early and was picked by hotel shuttle in less than 20 mins! Excellent so was in hotel by 10am. I was tired and hungry having woken up at 3 am for a 5 am flight. I needed some breakfast and rest before my conference registration later in the day. When I was booking the hotel I was assured that the rate included breakfast and on check in I wanted to know when they stopped serving breakfast. I was shocked to be told that the room rate did not include breakfast. Now that was where my problems started, the lady at the front desk kept repeating that I was getting a good deal and for 250 more I would have breakfast for 4 days! WELCOME TO ASPEN she kept repeating! It is like I was there for free! Anyway I made it to the room quite spacious and extravagant for a solo person on business, but that was the "cheapest" room available. There were snacks all for sale in the room, from previous experience in other hotels I have learnt not to partake! It is cheaper and fresher in the pharmacy next door! I took a walk to look for water and also some place to fuel, Carl’s pharmacy is on the same block, has very friendly guys and I managed to not only buy water but also get a map, and directions to a place down the main street (hickory) for breakfast.
Generally I stayed for 1 week in the hotel Jerome. They have lovely guys working to get you in and out of the hotel and drop you off with a shuttle and it was lovely to see them smile. A tip was worth it.
I did not sample the food more of a revolt against their misinforming me than the prices, and anyway the menu was not appealing.
They have a "library" which in my opinion is just a relaxing and waiting room as you take coffee, read a paper, wait on the shuttle of all three. There are no books or computers but at least you can use wireless is you have a laptop. At night it is converted to a bar.
Room was clean and no need for daily service, I choose once every two days. I never ran out of anything so I had no direct experience with the services. However there is neither a fridge nor microwave, but I guess they do not expect you to use them :(
My room was in the back away from the main road and very peaceful I loved it.
Check out was very smooth and the shuttle to the airport was great.
The only down side is for the rates 300-500 per night they should at least include breakfast! Or one meal per room per day. Being new in Aspen I would not recommend this to a friend especially if you arrive late in the day and hungry with no options for food in a small town. Most places are shut down, so you would have to sleep hungry and pay for breakfast the next day.
This was in the summer, imagine the scenario on a cold winter day!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Evergreen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

The wife and I celebrated our 35th anniversary in Aspen the weekend of 7/25 and stayed at the Jerome. The hotel was very nice and the staff was great. The view from the room was of the Aspen ski resort. The staff had flowers waiting for the wife upon check in, as asked. The next day they brought in complementary champagne and chocolates. They also recommended and setup dinner reservations for us at The Pinion. Dinner at The Pinion was very good. They were told of the special occasion by the staff and served us a wonderful, anniversary desert. All-in-all the staff at the Jerome did a top-notch job of making our stay very enjoyable. The location of the hotel is perfect except for one thing. My only complaint would be regarding the amount of noise coming from Main Street in the morning. However, that's pretty easy to overlook when you are treated so well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Hotel Jerome was one of the favorite places we have ever stayed. The location is great, the building is beautifully decorated, the staff is very friendly, the room was beautiful and we slept very well in the room. The only thing that wasn't top notch was the AC unit in our room. It was a temporary unit and sometimes didn't quit cool well enough although it was not enough to distract from our great stay. If you go to Aspen in the dead of summer I would suggest staying in the new part of the hotel. We stayed in the old part of the hotel. The rest of the year I don't think you would need AC. Make sure you eat in the garden terrace one morning for breakfast. It's very nice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!