“Wonderful experience ” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wonderful experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Hotel Jerome does it correctly from start to finish.

We were greeted at the Aspen airport by friendly fellow in a cowboy hat and a Mercedes SUV. On the way to the hotel he gave us friendly advice for restaurants museums and other sites in this beautiful small town to take in upon one of our first visits.

They hotel itself is handsomely appointed, comfortable, unpretentious, warm, yet sophisticated at the same time. A perfect combination.

Rooms are spacious with plenty of extra space to spread out, particularly in the bathrooms, which is always appreciated.

The around town taxi came in particularly handy used during our stay.

Hotel Jerome has become our go-to hotel in Aspen.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We aren't skiers, so the location was convenient to other things in Aspen. Diehard skiers may want to be closer to the lifts. But, the room was outstanding, and service was not pushy but was there when we wanted it to be. All in all a classy place. Wife tried the spa, and it changed her mood ... a good thing. Bar and food all exceptional. We were there mid-week just before all ski slopes were open; the hotel room was very quiet. We don't know if that was the low occupancy or just good room layout and sound control.

Enjoy Aspen at Jerome!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bear, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is one of my top 5 hotels of all times and Ive stayed at a lot of hotels! It's unique, it makes you feel special without being snooty and has the best of old and new combined. I can't believe I only stayed one night! Such a fail on my part! It had an iPad in the room, a huge tv, robe and slippers, huge tub and shower, free drinks and snacks (good ones too!), handmade soap and the list goes on. I wish I could have stayed much longer! The ONLY downside was hearing some employee yelling at another employee over the phone for several minutes while I waited for my car. As I said to the man behind the front desk, whatever the man did (leaving the luggage cart with the guest wasn't as bad as yelling at him in front of guests. But overall couldn't ruin my love for this place!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The new renovations are beautiful, standard rooms are huge, staff is so friendly, bed is super comfy and the food is really delicious. They have a shuttle service that takes you anywhere and picks you back up. The concierge gave me A+ recommendations and local insider tips. Everything was perfect. Cozy, warm, friendly and comfortable. And it wasn't overly expensive. We walked through Little Nell and St. Regis which were both nice too but Jerome is really where we want to be.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Telluride, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Hotel Jerome is definitely the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff is extremely helpful and considerate. They do everything they can to make your stay more enjoyable. Each staff member is from a different country so it's very interesting to talk to each person and hear about their experience. They are also very knowledgeable about the history of the hotel.

The rooms are beautiful, comfortable bed and the honor bar with complimentary items is a huge plus. Very nice bathroom with great shower and bath tub. The I Pod in the room has all the information you need about the hotel, activities and restaurants in Aspen. The staff will drive you anywhere you need to go, handle your skis, and pack up your car.

The J-Bar has the most delicious burger I've ever had. The J-Burger is a must when you're in Aspen. Very pleased with our experience at this hotel. We will be going back!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for an honeymoon. We booked two nights and left for snowmass for three. We wish we would have stayed at the Jerome! The service was amazing. We had a wonderful stay from the cleaning staff to the the concierge, everyone went above and beyond. Our "bell lady" was wonderful and our driver was excellent! Spa was great. The only place to stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

We go to a lot of five star hotels in my husband's line of work, and most of them are quite nice, but I felt that the Hotel Jerome deserved some extra attention. The hotel is newly re-decorated, and our conference group had the benefit of seeing a number of before and after photos from the two principal designers. Suffice it to say that they did a beautiful job of it, so if you have been a guest at the Hotel Jerome, but not in the past two years, you should know that it looks completely transformed. We were interested to learn that while all of the decor looks as if it's faithful to the period when the hotel was first built, it's actually all new.

More than the pretty looks though, the really exceptional part of the hotel stay was the attention of the staff. I should say that some of it was perhaps overly done for my taste, as we tend to be somewhat independent, and prefer to carry in our own bags, but if you want to be pampered completely, this will be right up your alley. Parking is all valet, and when we drove up to the door, two attendants came up, one to empty the contents of the trunk and car onto a bell cart and the other to take the keys from the car. Actually, we never saw the car again the rest of our stay, and the attendants assured us that they would be happy to provide transport anywhere in town. Pretty much everything is within walking distance, so we didn't need that, although I did have to send an attendant to fetch the sunglasses out of my car, which I hadn't thought to grab, because I didn't anticipate that we would not be seeing the car again on that trip.

Following check in and the personal tour of the property (bar, restaurant, business center, and game room and library), the attendant brought up our baggage. Again my personal preference would be to handle my own, but if you like, the attendant was perfectly prepared to set up the luggage stands for our suitcases so that they would be ready to unpack.

The room was nicely appointed, and had two mini bars and snack center. Interestingly, the contents of the mini bar were free (soft drinks and other non alcoholic beverages, and the refrigerator is stocked with carafes of cold tap water in Hotel Jerome carafes) except for the plastic bottle of Fred water. Similarly, the snacks were all complimentary for the first round, but if anything needed to be replaced for future consumption, the replacements would be charged. The hotel comes with the usual five star amenities, such as plush robe and slippers, but it also included one thoughtful detail specific to Aspen, I suspect, which was a pair of humidifiers to combat the cold air. The coffee machine is a Nespresso machine with Nespresso coffee pods included and heavy stoneware (or porcelain) cups, saucers, and stainless steel spoons (as opposed to paper cups and plastic stir sticks).

One note should be made that the hotel mirrors have an odd decorative feature, which is a round mirror hanging from leather straps from the top of the regular bath mirror. The straps are eighteen inches longer than originally intended by the designer, with the end result that the mirror does not reflect the face of the average adult. We eventually took my mirror down and laid it aside.

The food service for the conference was outstanding. The breakfast bar was typical for this type of hotel--bacon, eggs, fruit, grains, yogurt, pastries on day one, and same with omelet bar the second day, but the dinner was marked by being served hot (instead of lukewarm) despite the large crowd. The servers were constantly refilling wine and water glasses, and we were especially impressed at breakfast when one of the servers noticed that my husband did not appear to be carrying in napkins and utensils with him at breakfast, and ran in to the room after him to provide them to him. At lunch the following day, I hadn't eaten that much, in part because of overindulging on breakfast. But I did bring dessert for myself and two other people at my table. One of the servers was very solicitous in inquiring whether I had found enough to eat on the lunch buffet (I assume because of the full plate taken away or because of the extra portions of dessert).

Overall, although it would not necessarily suit every customer, we did find the attention to detail, particularly in the service department, to be outstanding. In fact, we did eat at other establishments in Denver on our trip, and also received impressive service, leaving us to speculate that maybe there is a hospitality training course in Denver (which is apparently working quite well).

Room Tip: I believe that the hotel is completely nonsmoking, although there is a fourth floor public balcony a...