“Job well done!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toledo, Ohio
“Job well done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Wonderful and delightful experience! This was our third stay at Hotel Jerome, the first since the amazing renovation. The hotel staff is welcoming, friendly, and accommodating, providing service second to none. We enjoyed great food in the Prospect restaurant, and great fun in the J Bar! Our room was spacious and the bed was incredibly plush and comfortable. Love the new Living Room!
Our next Aspen stay will definitely be with Hotel Jerome!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Our week at Hotel Jerome was glorious and amazing! The renovation is beautiful, functional, well appointed and it seems as though every detail has been thought of. The new 'Living Room' is wonderful! We enjoyed evenings there and the comfort of it all. It is 'home away from home' with cozy fireplace, a variety of comfortable furniture, including the bar stools.
Our suite was clean and comfortable with a beautiful view of Aspen Mountain.
We ate dinner once, lunch twice and breakfast each day at the Prospect in the hotel. Each meal was very good. The Short Rib at dinner was excellent, the salads and the trout lunch were delicious and the Huevos Rancheros were absolutely the best we've ever eaten!
The Hotel is well located and within walking distance to everything in town.

The staff were undeniably the BEST EVER! We cannot say enough good things to express our appreciation to everyone there. THANK YOU for making our stay so very wonderful!
We have already booked a trip in the summer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Carol S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your visit to your "Home away from home". It was such a pleasure to share it with our staff.

I am glad you enjoyed your Huevos Rancheros, that is one of my favorite dishes also!

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the summer and please reach out to my office if there is anything we can assist you with.

With warmest regards,

Anthony DiLucia, General Manager, Hotel Jerome An Auberge Resort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Recently renovated this hotel has long been on my radar. So when I finally decided to come to Aspen for a ski trip I looked it up and discovered that it had recently been renovated and was a lot less than the Little Nell the other property I had heard of. Well I certainly was not disappointed with my choice and although I did not come across any celebrities in my 6 day stay, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would not hesitate to return. The J bar, the Living room and the restaurant were all excellent and the concierge and ski staff could not have been more accommodating. And best of all Aspen Mtn is just a great place to ski!

• Stayed February 2013
Bristol, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Beautiful hotel with a great staff. The renovation looks wonderful (I didn't see it before, so don't know what it was like before) - the rooms were modern, clean, and well appointed. On the edge of historic Aspen, wasn't loud, and a short walk to everything I needed to do. Enjoyed finishing the evening at the J-Bar, which had great service. They need to fix their tap though - took forever to get a Guinness (and even then, had way too much head)...

Room Tip: I was in the North wing and hear that that's a good thing…
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been staying at the Jerome, once or twice a year for 7 years now. I have just got back from my first trip since it has had a major refurbishment. Overall the hotel is much, much better and the service, since Auberge took over has become far better. I did however have a couple of minor niggles!
The good:
The public areas, including the restaurants and bars are greatly improved. I particularly loved the 'Living Room', which is a really fun relaxing place to hang out with friends in the evening. I only tried the main restaurant, Prospect, for breakfast, but the food and service were also far superior than before.
The rooms - the overall design of the rooms is a great improvement over the tired decor that was previously in place. For my taste there was a bit too much decorative clutter and I don't understand why during the makeover they didn't put in a master light switch that switches all the lamps/lights on/off. There must have been 5 lamps or more lamps in the bedroom all of which need switching on/off. Also, there is no 'night light' in the bathroom, which is a bit odd - previously the light was on a dimmer so you could keep it on a low light during the night.
The not so good:
As I said I have stayed here for 7 years and always book a Junior Suite King room as this, in the past, has offered a comfortable sitting area with a large sofa and comfy armchair. and has a separate shower. On the jerome web site, they still say that these rooms have both these features. The first room they took me to was on the ground floor. It was very dark with no view, did not have a big sofa or armchair and no separate shower. I asked to move, after a bit of pushing back the front desk found me another room. This had a good view and plenty of light and a separate shower. However it was not anything like the rooms that I have previously stayed in, which have had the bed in a small alcove area and the rest of the room is the living area. This was one big square room with ample space but again no comfy chair and a just a tiny, uncomfortable sofa. It was not as described on their web site at all. I questioned whether the room was a 'junior suite king' and was assured it was! Disappointing, I am just hoping the furniture is a work in progress.
The other issue was the outdoor pool/spa area - There are two hot tubs and the jets only worked on one of them....it has been like this for three years, one would hope that it would have been fixed by now!
Overall however, we enjoyed our stay. The staff seem much better trained and were beyond helpful and the new design is a great improvement. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

or had an extensive stay at a Clinique in Switzerland because you look amazing for your age. We are regulars at the hotel and have usually stayed around the same time every year. We had heard the hotel would undergo extensive renovations and the result in my opinion is beautiful.

First I will get the important part out of the way, the service. Just like before we have not had any problem, everyone was professional, smiling and willing to help. Some of the staff was the same and some were new.

In terms of cleanliness the hotel looked great and so was our room.

Our room was #450, it's a 1 bedroom suite and it was gorgeous. Here is a rundown of some of the amenities;

- big flatscreen tv with USB, HDMI, VGA, Bluetooth, etc connecting dock on the desk below it
- Nespresso (yeah) machine and tea kettle
- fast and free wifi (yeah again)
- plenty of lighting with some of them including an outlet to charge portable devices
- ample closet and storage space
- drawer safe
- alarm clock to charge your ipad or iPhone or another device
- iPad in room to order room service, set up wake up call, massages, etc. Works great

In terms of food, we had a great breakfast, both buffet or a la carte. The drinks in the lounge were very good and the lobby is now very lively thanks to its new bar.

The pool and hot tub area is the same but from what I heard will also be renovated this coming summer. The business center area on the second floor was free and helpful to print boarding passes. As always the complementary (up to a certain zone) shuttle or cars from the hotel are great.

In my opinion, this is the place to stay in Aspen since the renovation was completed. We look forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: 450 was a large and bright corner suite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Beautifully redone historic hotel on the edge of historic Aspen. The design elements throughout the hotel from the lobby to the rooms were wonderful and the service could not have been better. The location was just alright if you are in Aspen to tear up the slopes. It is a walk to Ajax but the super helpful staff will drive you to Ajax and the Highlands but there is a fee for a lift to Snowmass. Worth at least one stay when visiting Aspen.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!