“Just a terrific experience! The history, the service, the staff were all perfect. Rarely to I write a review, but this property ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort

Aspen's Autumn In Style
Ranked #5 of 36 hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Recently renovated this hotel has long been on my radar. So when I finally decided to come to Aspen for a ski trip I looked it up and discovered that it had recently been renovated and was a lot less than the Little Nell the other property I had heard of. Well I certainly was not disappointed with my choice and although I did not come across any celebrities in my 6 day stay, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would not hesitate to return. The J bar, the Living room and the restaurant were all excellent and the concierge and ski staff could not have been more accommodating. And best of all Aspen Mtn is just a great place to ski!

• Stayed February 2013

372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bristol, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Beautiful hotel with a great staff. The renovation looks wonderful (I didn't see it before, so don't know what it was like before) - the rooms were modern, clean, and well appointed. On the edge of historic Aspen, wasn't loud, and a short walk to everything I needed to do. Enjoyed finishing the evening at the J-Bar, which had great service. They need to fix their tap though - took forever to get a Guinness (and even then, had way too much head)...

Room Tip: I was in the North wing and hear that that's a good thing…
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been staying at the Jerome, once or twice a year for 7 years now. I have just got back from my first trip since it has had a major refurbishment. Overall the hotel is much, much better and the service, since Auberge took over has become far better. I did however have a couple of minor niggles!
The good:
The public areas, including the restaurants and bars are greatly improved. I particularly loved the 'Living Room', which is a really fun relaxing place to hang out with friends in the evening. I only tried the main restaurant, Prospect, for breakfast, but the food and service were also far superior than before.
The rooms - the overall design of the rooms is a great improvement over the tired decor that was previously in place. For my taste there was a bit too much decorative clutter and I don't understand why during the makeover they didn't put in a master light switch that switches all the lamps/lights on/off. There must have been 5 lamps or more lamps in the bedroom all of which need switching on/off. Also, there is no 'night light' in the bathroom, which is a bit odd - previously the light was on a dimmer so you could keep it on a low light during the night.
The not so good:
As I said I have stayed here for 7 years and always book a Junior Suite King room as this, in the past, has offered a comfortable sitting area with a large sofa and comfy armchair. and has a separate shower. On the jerome web site, they still say that these rooms have both these features. The first room they took me to was on the ground floor. It was very dark with no view, did not have a big sofa or armchair and no separate shower. I asked to move, after a bit of pushing back the front desk found me another room. This had a good view and plenty of light and a separate shower. However it was not anything like the rooms that I have previously stayed in, which have had the bed in a small alcove area and the rest of the room is the living area. This was one big square room with ample space but again no comfy chair and a just a tiny, uncomfortable sofa. It was not as described on their web site at all. I questioned whether the room was a 'junior suite king' and was assured it was! Disappointing, I am just hoping the furniture is a work in progress.
The other issue was the outdoor pool/spa area - There are two hot tubs and the jets only worked on one of them....it has been like this for three years, one would hope that it would have been fixed by now!
Overall however, we enjoyed our stay. The staff seem much better trained and were beyond helpful and the new design is a great improvement. We will be back.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

or had an extensive stay at a Clinique in Switzerland because you look amazing for your age. We are regulars at the hotel and have usually stayed around the same time every year. We had heard the hotel would undergo extensive renovations and the result in my opinion is beautiful.

First I will get the important part out of the way, the service. Just like before we have not had any problem, everyone was professional, smiling and willing to help. Some of the staff was the same and some were new.

In terms of cleanliness the hotel looked great and so was our room.

Our room was #450, it's a 1 bedroom suite and it was gorgeous. Here is a rundown of some of the amenities;

- big flatscreen tv with USB, HDMI, VGA, Bluetooth, etc connecting dock on the desk below it
- Nespresso (yeah) machine and tea kettle
- fast and free wifi (yeah again)
- plenty of lighting with some of them including an outlet to charge portable devices
- ample closet and storage space
- drawer safe
- alarm clock to charge your ipad or iPhone or another device
- iPad in room to order room service, set up wake up call, massages, etc. Works great

In terms of food, we had a great breakfast, both buffet or a la carte. The drinks in the lounge were very good and the lobby is now very lively thanks to its new bar.

The pool and hot tub area is the same but from what I heard will also be renovated this coming summer. The business center area on the second floor was free and helpful to print boarding passes. As always the complementary (up to a certain zone) shuttle or cars from the hotel are great.

In my opinion, this is the place to stay in Aspen since the renovation was completed. We look forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: 450 was a large and bright corner suite
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Beautifully redone historic hotel on the edge of historic Aspen. The design elements throughout the hotel from the lobby to the rooms were wonderful and the service could not have been better. The location was just alright if you are in Aspen to tear up the slopes. It is a walk to Ajax but the super helpful staff will drive you to Ajax and the Highlands but there is a fee for a lift to Snowmass. Worth at least one stay when visiting Aspen.

• Stayed January 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Part one, The Hotel Jerome: Amazing! I can't say enough about this property. I loved everything about it. The design is flawless, the staff are too. I felt appreciated and taken care of the whole time. All interaction with the hotel was a please except....
Part two, Gorsuch : This unfortunately is the company The Jerome has decided to partner with for ski rental. While on the surface it makes sense Gorsuch is a luxury retailer, however its customer service is better suited for a trailer park. I have had past experiences with this company in Vail and cringed when I saw that they were the Jerome partner. That said there are standouts (nice and service oriented staff) that try and make up for the general character of the company .. but in general at the end of the week you leave with a bad taste in your mouth. Worse are the staff at the ski rental in town. Especially when one is about to buy skis... at full retail... (they are even stingy at comping demo days .. really Gorsuch?), This to me says that they are money desperate, and as such they should try offering a level of customer service and programs that place them at the top of the heap, not the bottom of the barrel. I have raveled all over the world, shopped hundreds of luxury brands, and its rare that I encounter the level of sub-par interaction that I have had with Gorsuch especially here in Aspen. JEROME, beware, you've done such an outstanding job with your amazing hotel, and staff .. to allow this to tarnish all your hard work. Jerome guest... go elsewhere for you ski rentals, especially Demos .. the front desk will give you suggestions for other ski shops who will deliver your skis to the hotel for you, and you'll be better off for it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear JoshuaSims,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests regarding all areas of the Hotel.

It sounds as though we did met your expectations and you did enjoy your stay with us, however I was concerned to read your comments regarding Gorsuch. We have since receiving your review, forwarded your feedback on to Gorsuch.

I thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Jerome in the near future.

With warm regards,

Anthony DiLucia
General Manager, Hotel Jerome An Auberge Resort
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

After a lot of research, I chose Hotel Jerome for our second New Years trip to Aspen. We booked a suite at >$1000/nt to see the best Jerome had to offer.

The recent remodel along with the Auberge stamp of approval were what attracted us. The pics were gorgeous, as was the hotel itself. But the problems started even before we arrived...

1) Took over a month for concierge to respond to calls and emails about booking dining reservations, ski tickets etc.

2) When they called back, they called my cell phone at 6am. I don't know about you, but when my cell rings at 6am, it's usually because someone I know is in the hospital or has a serious problem. In this case, they called me at 6am to let me know that they charge $50 for an airport pickup. Not ok at all.

3) Shower and bath drain totally clogged upon arrival, and took 2 days and 3 calls to the front desk to resolve. Never did I get a single call back -- eventually it was just fixed. After my second call, I asked for the GM because I have a general belief that one should be able to shower in a $1000 room, but "he wasn't available" and that was that.

4) The restaurant was good, but service was Laurel and Hardy-esque. An absolute joke. Literally every patron was upset at their server for forgetting something. We ate there twice, enjoyed our food twice, and had and item forgotten twice. They also seem to have a rather Denny's-styles approach to giving you the bill as they drop off the food. Clearly, this will improve over time, but I can't understand why their staff uniformly seems to have never worked at a restaurant before?

5) We were embarrassed to share this at the time, but one of the masseuses was extremely inappropriate during a massage. It was his first time giving a massage at the Jerome, so I believe (but have not verified) that they hired freelance outcall masseuses to staff their spa. I'm a big fan of hotel spas, but I would strongly suggest you either book elsewhere or confirm that an experienced employee of the spa (not a Craigslist contractor) will give the massage. I have never ever had an issue like this with any masseuse.

I understand they just re-opened, but given that the rooms were priced at 100%, I expected the service level to be nearly that -- after all, this isn't a beta test.

On the plus side, the design is amazing, the location is great, and the car/shuttle service was always available for us to use. But, given the significant service issues, we'll give Hotel Jerome some time to mature before we come back.

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed account of your visit.
We strive hard to provide our guests with a first class experience, but recognize that on occasions we fail to meet the rightful high expectations of our guests.

Feedback in any form from our guests is vital in this quest to achieve and maintain excellence. As all of your points in the review were extremely important, we have already taken the necessary steps to avoid repeat mistakes.

I will be reaching out to you personally with regards to your previous visit and thank you once again for bringing this information to my attention.

Yours sincerely,

Anthony DiLucia
General Manager, Hotel Jerome An Auberge Resort

Been to Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!