“Great historic hotel with great service.” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   330 E Main St, Aspen, CO 81611   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 36 hotels in Aspen
“Great historic hotel with great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Beautifully redone historic hotel on the edge of historic Aspen. The design elements throughout the hotel from the lobby to the rooms were wonderful and the service could not have been better. The location was just alright if you are in Aspen to tear up the slopes. It is a walk to Ajax but the super helpful staff will drive you to Ajax and the Highlands but there is a fee for a lift to Snowmass. Worth at least one stay when visiting Aspen.

• Stayed January 2013

346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Part one, The Hotel Jerome: Amazing! I can't say enough about this property. I loved everything about it. The design is flawless, the staff are too. I felt appreciated and taken care of the whole time. All interaction with the hotel was a please except....
Part two, Gorsuch : This unfortunately is the company The Jerome has decided to partner with for ski rental. While on the surface it makes sense Gorsuch is a luxury retailer, however its customer service is better suited for a trailer park. I have had past experiences with this company in Vail and cringed when I saw that they were the Jerome partner. That said there are standouts (nice and service oriented staff) that try and make up for the general character of the company .. but in general at the end of the week you leave with a bad taste in your mouth. Worse are the staff at the ski rental in town. Especially when one is about to buy skis... at full retail... (they are even stingy at comping demo days .. really Gorsuch?), This to me says that they are money desperate, and as such they should try offering a level of customer service and programs that place them at the top of the heap, not the bottom of the barrel. I have raveled all over the world, shopped hundreds of luxury brands, and its rare that I encounter the level of sub-par interaction that I have had with Gorsuch especially here in Aspen. JEROME, beware, you've done such an outstanding job with your amazing hotel, and staff .. to allow this to tarnish all your hard work. Jerome guest... go elsewhere for you ski rentals, especially Demos .. the front desk will give you suggestions for other ski shops who will deliver your skis to the hotel for you, and you'll be better off for it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear JoshuaSims,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests regarding all areas of the Hotel.

It sounds as though we did met your expectations and you did enjoy your stay with us, however I was concerned to read your comments regarding Gorsuch. We have since receiving your review, forwarded your feedback on to Gorsuch.

I thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Jerome in the near future.

With warm regards,

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

After a lot of research, I chose Hotel Jerome for our second New Years trip to Aspen. We booked a suite at >$1000/nt to see the best Jerome had to offer.

The recent remodel along with the Auberge stamp of approval were what attracted us. The pics were gorgeous, as was the hotel itself. But the problems started even before we arrived...

1) Took over a month for concierge to respond to calls and emails about booking dining reservations, ski tickets etc.

2) When they called back, they called my cell phone at 6am. I don't know about you, but when my cell rings at 6am, it's usually because someone I know is in the hospital or has a serious problem. In this case, they called me at 6am to let me know that they charge $50 for an airport pickup. Not ok at all.

3) Shower and bath drain totally clogged upon arrival, and took 2 days and 3 calls to the front desk to resolve. Never did I get a single call back -- eventually it was just fixed. After my second call, I asked for the GM because I have a general belief that one should be able to shower in a $1000 room, but "he wasn't available" and that was that.

4) The restaurant was good, but service was Laurel and Hardy-esque. An absolute joke. Literally every patron was upset at their server for forgetting something. We ate there twice, enjoyed our food twice, and had and item forgotten twice. They also seem to have a rather Denny's-styles approach to giving you the bill as they drop off the food. Clearly, this will improve over time, but I can't understand why their staff uniformly seems to have never worked at a restaurant before?

5) We were embarrassed to share this at the time, but one of the masseuses was extremely inappropriate during a massage. It was his first time giving a massage at the Jerome, so I believe (but have not verified) that they hired freelance outcall masseuses to staff their spa. I'm a big fan of hotel spas, but I would strongly suggest you either book elsewhere or confirm that an experienced employee of the spa (not a Craigslist contractor) will give the massage. I have never ever had an issue like this with any masseuse.

I understand they just re-opened, but given that the rooms were priced at 100%, I expected the service level to be nearly that -- after all, this isn't a beta test.

On the plus side, the design is amazing, the location is great, and the car/shuttle service was always available for us to use. But, given the significant service issues, we'll give Hotel Jerome some time to mature before we come back.

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed account of your visit.
We strive hard to provide our guests with a first class experience, but recognize that on occasions we fail to meet the rightful high expectations of our guests.

Feedback in any form from our guests is vital in this quest to achieve and maintain excellence. As all of your points in the review were extremely important, we have already taken the necessary steps to avoid repeat mistakes.

I will be reaching out to you personally with regards to your previous visit and thank you once again for bringing this information to my attention.

Yours sincerely,

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This landmark hotel in Aspen is really nice after the recently completed remodeling. Very nice finishes throughout such as quartz and leather. Great attention to detail in the lighting and accent pieces. Hotel has a very warm feeling. Exterior appearance is misleading as all of the rooms and common areas are very warm and cozy, yet spacious.

We will definitely com eback.

united states
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Amazing transformation. It was so exciting to have visited the hotel earlier this year and then to be back during the holidays and see NEW Hotel Jerome! The hotel was buzzing with excitment, smiles and awesome vibe. The new interiors is handsome and comfortable; hugely successful. Each and every Auberge Resort employee had a smile and great hospitable style. It is apparent they are all prideful of their truly exceptional hotel. The guestrooms are warm and exactly what I have been desiring to see in a mountain hotel/resort. It is the best hotel renovation I have ever seen! Make sure you put it on your list of hotels to experience in 2013!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Loyal Hotel Jerome Guest,

Happy New year!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Hotel Jerome. It was such a pleasure to share your review with all the Hotel Jerome staff.

I am thrilled you were able to experience the Holidays with us and share in our joy of the wonderful renovations that took place. It really is an exciting time for Hotel Jerome.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Jerome again soon.

With warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Fantastic service. We visited the bars and restaurants. All were superlative. Recommended. Lovely building. A real cowboy classic. We did not stay stay at the hotel but will some time! Stay here if you can,

San Diego,Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were so lucky to be able to stay here and loved everything about it. They even had Carolers in the lobby. So very Norman Rockwell. Aspen is still a sweet old ski town with all the charm of the 50's. Lots of gorgeous people walking around and the customer service is impeccable. I grew up skiing and loved staying at the Hotel Jerome.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!