“Quiet, Comfortable - Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

The Inn at Aspen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38750 Hwy 82, Aspen, CO 81611   |
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
western NC
“Quiet, Comfortable - Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed four nights in late September, 2012 and found this hotel to be everything we needed and more. The room was large, modern and well maintained. The shuttle service (available until 10PM, but sometimes later) made it easy to get around town without the inconveniences of our car. Every staff member was helpful and friendly in a genuine way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
South Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our stay was during the week during off season. We were in town to see the aspens in their fall colors. We hit right it at the peak. Bruce and Darren at the front desk recommended lots of good places to see the aspens. The hotel is located 2 or 3 miles outside of Aspen close to the airport at the base of Buttermilk Mountain. Buttermilk Mountain is where the Winter X Games are held. ESPN books the entire hotel during the event. The ski lift is right out the back door. Lots of free parking. The hotels in town are compact and their parking is limited. Almost all parking in town is pay to park. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to and from town. They will drop you off and pick you up any where in town. We stayed in a recently remodeled king room with a fridge and microwave facing the mountain. Bed was great. Prices were very reasonable. Breakfast was not available at the hotel. The hotel restaurant was only open in the evening Wednesday thru Saturday because it was off season. The menu was limited but the food was good. It has a full bar for those who look for that. The parking lot is not illuminated very well at night. Would stay again.

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We came to Aspen for a couple of days to photograph fall color and we picked this hotel because of the great price and its proximity to the Maroon Bells and Castle Creek roads. It is located just outside of Aspen, near the airport, but very close to these 2 roads. We drove to various locations during the day, but parked the car and used their convenient, quick shuttle service in the evening to go out for dinner in Aspen. No worries about parking that way. I knew from the website photos that the hotel had kind of an 80s look to it, and from the low price, I didn't have high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised as our room appeared to be recently renovated with nice carpeting and a very comfortable bed with nice linens. The room was very spacious with a small couch and table and a desk. We liked that there was a coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave. We appreciated the free movie DVD. There was free internet and it was fast! That's a big plus with us! No password was required for the internet, so it was easier to use with our multiple devices. The bathroom had just a shower, no bathtub. It was rather average, but the rest of the room made up for it. As for the common areas, there was a nice sitting area and bar near the lobby. The bar wasn't open the first night we were there, but it was open the second night. One of the best things about the hotel was the friendly and helpful staff. They really made us feel welcome and were happy to offer restaurant suggestions, and other tips about sights in the area. It was a very pleasant stay in a nice quiet location and we will stay there again. We have also recommended the hotel to friends.

denver. colorado USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed 5 star and I have stayed budget so I have a good idea of what's what. First off I agree with everything in SanDiegoTahoe's review. But I am going to add to it...we too had a King room facing the pool and were delighted at the size of the room (big enough to have a sitting area) as well as how quiet it was considering it is near the airport and the highway. We did not have one of the newly renovated rooms but our room was not shabby or old/tired but clean and comfortable with a soft bed and nice linens. The bath is a bit small but who cares, it's really just to shower anyway.

The hotel itself is quite cozy and the lobby is updated. There was also fresh coffee and tea available as well as a nice fireplace with sofas etc. They offered complimentary movies as well which was nice after a day of fun. Breakfast is adequate...the make your own waffles was kind of fun. The juice is a bit flat and the coffee just ok but enough to get me rolling. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle for runs to/from Aspen. This is a fantastic service as we never drove our own car in 4 days, nor did we ever wait longer then 5 minutes for the shuttle so very convenient. It is also on the city bus route which we did take later in the evening after the shuttle stopped running at 10pm...easy.

Last up is the staff...we were well taken care of. Especially Mitch, Guest Services Manager, he's the man! Always helpful and always smiling. Even when we had a problem with our bill...no issue, he just took care of it.

We would absolutely stay there again and have recommended it to friends as a more affordable and friendly stay in the Aspen valley.

Room Tip: Choose one facing the pool so you are away from the highway.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed for business trip. Received update room...not bad. Nice view of pool and Buttermilk. I've stayed here a few times now and each time staff was friendly, breakfast was fine and will stay again. You can easily walk to Buttermilk as they share the area. Buttermilk skiing is great...again, their staff has always been friendly. If you have an issue, its easy to find a manager who can correct it...they understand service.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Inn at Aspen is near the airport and close to town, but it has the feel of being out in the country. Our room overlooked the swimming pool and jacuzzi and Buttermilk Mountain ski lifts. What a gorgeous spot in the summertime. The location is great!! The swimming pool was warm and was long enough to swim laps. Sitting in the jacuzzi and staring up at the mountain was so relaxing. The complimentary breakfast was adequate to get the day going. So many activities in the area: galleries and shops just 3 minutes away in Aspen, wilderness horse riding with Snowmass Outfitters (just awesome!!!!), white water rafting, hiking at the Maroon Bells...the list just goes on and on. We found that the Inn at Aspen Hotel was a great place to stay and we would highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and mountain.
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

You know that feeling. Sometimes a small thing can ruin the whole experience and that is the way I feel about the Inn at Aspen. First of all, it is not really at Aspen and you need to drive or take their shuttle to actually get to Aspen. I can live with a little misleading advertising.

What really galls me and still galls me to this day is that I feel cheated. I called the Inn at Aspen and made a reservation and they quoted me a price and i agreed to it. When I checked in I noticed that they added a "reservation fee" to my bill. i pointed it out and they said that it was a "reservation fee." In my case it was $18.26 and they said that they charge everyone the reservation fee -- something over 6% I have learned. It did not make me feel any better that they cheat everyone and not just me. I was already there and I would have had to try to find a place to stay over the 4th of July weekend and so I paid it under protest and I didn't like it then and I dont like it now.

Shouldnt they be paying me to make a reservation, to get my business? Why would I pay them? I am not aware of any other hotel chain that has a policy to cheat people out of an extra 6+ per cent on every transaction.

If you as future travelers put up with this then every hotel will start to add charges that they did not disclose and that they did not earn and are not entitled to. I was at their mercy at the time but they will never get a dime from me in the future. They won the battle, but I dont like being cheated and I believe that I will win the war.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Aspen? Share your experiences!