“Convenient and Nice” 4 of 5 stars

25% off Inn at Aspen
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
“Convenient and Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed for business trip. Received update room...not bad. Nice view of pool and Buttermilk. I've stayed here a few times now and each time staff was friendly, breakfast was fine and will stay again. You can easily walk to Buttermilk as they share the area. Buttermilk skiing is great...again, their staff has always been friendly. If you have an issue, its easy to find a manager who can correct it...they understand service.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Inn at Aspen is near the airport and close to town, but it has the feel of being out in the country. Our room overlooked the swimming pool and jacuzzi and Buttermilk Mountain ski lifts. What a gorgeous spot in the summertime. The location is great!! The swimming pool was warm and was long enough to swim laps. Sitting in the jacuzzi and staring up at the mountain was so relaxing. The complimentary breakfast was adequate to get the day going. So many activities in the area: galleries and shops just 3 minutes away in Aspen, wilderness horse riding with Snowmass Outfitters (just awesome!!!!), white water rafting, hiking at the Maroon Bells...the list just goes on and on. We found that the Inn at Aspen Hotel was a great place to stay and we would highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and mountain.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

You know that feeling. Sometimes a small thing can ruin the whole experience and that is the way I feel about the Inn at Aspen. First of all, it is not really at Aspen and you need to drive or take their shuttle to actually get to Aspen. I can live with a little misleading advertising.

What really galls me and still galls me to this day is that I feel cheated. I called the Inn at Aspen and made a reservation and they quoted me a price and i agreed to it. When I checked in I noticed that they added a "reservation fee" to my bill. i pointed it out and they said that it was a "reservation fee." In my case it was $18.26 and they said that they charge everyone the reservation fee -- something over 6% I have learned. It did not make me feel any better that they cheat everyone and not just me. I was already there and I would have had to try to find a place to stay over the 4th of July weekend and so I paid it under protest and I didn't like it then and I dont like it now.

Shouldnt they be paying me to make a reservation, to get my business? Why would I pay them? I am not aware of any other hotel chain that has a policy to cheat people out of an extra 6+ per cent on every transaction.

If you as future travelers put up with this then every hotel will start to add charges that they did not disclose and that they did not earn and are not entitled to. I was at their mercy at the time but they will never get a dime from me in the future. They won the battle, but I dont like being cheated and I believe that I will win the war.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Viroqua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I come to the same conference in Aspen every year. I switched to this hotel after my usual hotel raised their rates, and I'm so glad that I did. Previously, I had not even considered this hotel because of the transportation issue to town. But, their shuttle is available at any time, not just for the usual rides to the airport, but every morning to get me to my conference, and to go to the grocery store, or restaurants, etc. Even if there are conflicts, the staff makes it their business to work it out so that everyone gets where they need to be, when they need to be there.

The staff was great at solving other problems, too. My first room had poor wifi reception, so they found me a new room and had someone help me move. (I don't think it's a common problem, as I didn't have to walk far down the hall to have the reception come back).

The rooms are plenty big. The first one had a fabulous TV, a very small frig,a microwave, a leather recliner, a shower,a nice full-length mirror, but no bath.,and a door opening out onto the grass near the pool. It was on the 1st floor.

The second room, on the second floor had a large frig, a small TV,a shower with tub, a balcony where one could see the large pool and hot tub (I WISH I hadn't forgotten my suit, yet again). It had no microwave and no full-length mirror.

All the rooms had comfy couches, coffee tables, lots of lighting, coffee supplies, plenty of dresser space, lots of wooden hangers in the closets.

So, if a tub or microwave, or some other item is crucial to you, ask for a room with what you want, as they are all different, as they are owned by individuals and then rented out as part of a hotel when the owners aren't using them.

I have enjoyed all the rooms and only on this one occasion had a wifi problem in one room.

The beds, by the way, are incredibly comfortable.

The phones give you the option of scheduling your own wakeup call, which you only find out that you can do if you check your messages and hear the recording that tells you. But, it doesn't work. So, make sure you ask the front desk for your wakeup call.

As far as I could tell, the only thing that housekeeping did was to supply fresh towels and make the bed (no fresh linens). but that was fine with me, as that's all I really needed and I prefer the lower rates that come along with this saving. Later, I saw that their housekeeping policy is explained as the above plus vacuuming, and fresh linens every three days.

So, bottom line-Great Staff!!! Great service in conveniently getting around Aspen!! Very comfortable with only the occasional minor glitch, rapidly fixed by the great staff.

I didn't get a chance to have their complimentary breakfast as I had to leave before it started at 7 am, but once I grabbed a bagel, and it was too hard and I tossed it. At the St. Regis, where my conference was, they had pastry to die for, and incredible fresh fruit of all kinds. But, they also charge $500/night for their cheap rooms, so I am reasonably satisfied with the breakfast. You can buy your own fresh fruit and put in your frig.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have trouble with stairs, choose a 1st floor room. Room xx48 (forge...
franciscomorales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had to be in Aspen for work and knowing that this is one of the most expensive cities in Colorado I thought I would not find something within my budget. This place is GREAT!!!! the rooms are spacious, the place is clean, near the airport and close to downtown Aspen. There is a free shuttle, the staff is friendly and they have a full bar and restaurant. If you are smart and dont want to spend the $1,000/night room at the St. Regis Aspen this is the place you need to be. I was so pleased with this place that I will be brining my family again and we can tell all our friends that like the rich and famous we too summer in Aspen.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, I would try to get a room with a view of the mountain but even the ones facing...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The room we stayed in was recently remodeled nicely. The only complaint was that it was so recent, the room still smelled of fresh paint. This was a great location for heading to the nearby Maroon Bells and not too far from downtown. Our room had a nice patio that led out to the pool and in the winter, this would be an ideal location for ski in/ski out. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed Here many times over the years and for me it is a mixed bag. Nice pool and hot tub. Staff friendly but they have a complicated accounting system that caused me a lot of problems after our last stay and several charges to my card long after we checked out. Pay cash for extras and keep receipts! OK.. now for the rooms. Each and every one seems to be different and my last room needed a serious update (as did the rooms of my friends staying here also). It might have looked cool in 1984. Small, big box TV but a good selection of channels. Refrigerator on room very noisy and had to be turned off at night. On whole, room was very depressing and wanted to spend as little time in there as possible. Good location if skiing, you can ski right to the back door . Its a very pretty view out back.Pizza's at the resteraunt were great and we always buy to take away.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room facing the pool...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Inn at Aspen? Share your experiences!