“What a great hotel full of little surprises” 5 of 5 stars

Molly Gibson Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 W. Main St., Aspen, CO 81611   |
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Dublin
“What a great hotel full of little surprises”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

we stayed in the Molly Gibson for a week and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable mid price hotel in a convenient location. When we arrived it looks nothing like we expected, but we were had a string of pleasant surprises in store including:
- a room that exceeded expectations with the most comfortable bed ever and a skylight
- great breakfast buffet including pastries, waffles, ham, cheese etc
- a dvd player in the room and a great selection of DVD's at no charge for a night in
- the outdoor heated pool and hot tubs are just brilliant after a day on the slopes
- free buses to all 4 mountains stop right outside the hotel front door
- complimentary apres ski includes beer, wine, cheese, soup and other hot snacks
- many great resturants in easy walking distance
I hope we will be back in the Molly Gibson soon!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Our stay at Molly Gibson far exceeded my expectations. The Complimentary Breakfast was wonderful (fresh Walffles, breads/pasteries, meats/cheeses, cold cereals) every morning. The Daily Apre Ski Party offered Wine (Yello Tail) and Beer nightly along with fresh Homemade Soups to warm you soul after a day of skiing. In addition, homemade pizza's, chicken wings, burritos, and GREAT MEATBALLS and fresh homemade Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Most nights we skipped dinner as we were totally satisfied from the Apre Spread. Our room overlooked one of the multiple hot-tubs, therefore use of the hot tub was very private (only those guests in those rooms utilized this specific hot tub). House keeping was impeccable throughout (common areas as well as guest rooms). Amenities included heavy bathrobes for use at the hot tub or pool.
Computer and printer usage in lobby was readily available and convenient.
Front Desk staff was personable and very helpful in all ways.
Free Shuttle to and from airport was a significant savings as well.
Convenient to All Mountain Shuttle buses and 2 blocks walk to town.
DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS LODGE AND WOULD NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE UPON RETURN TO ASPEN

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
UAdms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

We were very happy with our stay at the Molly Gibson. It was very easy to walk to all of the locations in town. All of the hotel staff were phenomenal... very friendly and helpful. They suggested some great activities and locations for us to try. The car service to/from the airport and around town was great to have. We enjoyed both the breakfasts and happy hours at the hotel. The rooms were kept very clean (the housekeeper even folded some socks I left on the floor!). The bedding was nice and we enjoyed the wood burning fireplace.

The only cons I can think of is that the bathroom could have been updated more (it was very clean, but just looked a little out of date). Also, the room wasn't always quiet. We could hear some noises outside our hotel room in the morning. It's not anything that would keep us from staying there again though.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

Molly Gibson Lodge provided a great experience weeks before I arrived. They provided me with information and contact numbers for things to do in the area. Upon arrival, the room was spotless and cozy. The staff at Molly Gibson is better than any staff at any resort I have ever been too. Very helpfull and friendly. Perfect Aspen experience!
-Tommy

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
SF, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

The service and personal atttention at Molly Gibson is unbelievable.
Even when faced with airport cancelations the staff made us feel safe and happy.
Along with the in-town beautiful location this is a winner.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

If you are planning your trip to Aspen and looking for all the amenities, comforts of home and bang for your buck, I highly recommend staying at the Molly Gibson Lodge. My girlfriend and I stayed at Molly Gibson a week prior to Christmas for 4 nights and we loved it. The staff was extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. You get a lot for the money, complimentary continental breakfast in the morning and complimentary après ski in the early evening, which was outstanding and gave us an opportunity to socialize with fellow guests and staff from all over the world. In addition, the location was perfect and everything was in walking distance. If and when I return to Aspen, I will most definitely book my entire stay at the Molly Gibson Lodge. As soon as you enter the door, you feel welcomed, relaxed and comfortable, which you don’t get with a franchise hotel. They make you feel like a true guest and you will dread having to go home! Don’t miss out on Aspen’s little hidden treasure, choose the Molly Gibson Lodge, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Racine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

I had never been to Aspen before and had to rely on the websites of all the hotels to decide where to stay. I found the Molly Gibson Lodge and was quite impressed that it had a wood burning fireplace in some of the rooms and of course the price. The Lodge also alows dogs and even though I don't have one it was nice to see the other guests having their buddy with them on vacation - not a peep was heard from the dog guests either. The Lodge was very clean and the lobby very welcoming as well. It was so nice that they offer a computer for all to use as I had some work to finish and I was able to get it done there. On the day of my departure the Aspen airport closed due to weather and my flight home was cancelled. Front Desk made it a priority to help me catch my connecting flight home from Denver-I was booked on a shuttle service in minutes and made my flight. The Breakfast/Apres ski room is cozy and they go the extra step there too. We had a fire each night in the room and the bed was SO comfortable! The Lodge is walking distance to the town and the fact that they offer a free shuttle to/from the airport is a HUGE plus. If you are looking for value and comfort and the amenities of home this is where to stay. All of the staff were kind and one could tell that they liked their jobs. If I ever return to Aspen this is where I will stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Molly Gibson Lodge? Share your experiences!