“Nicest staff & customer care” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
FLY FISHING PACKAGE
Ranked #4 of 36 hotels in Aspen
Telluride, Colorado
“Nicest staff & customer care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

My boyfriend and I were so delightfully surprised by the actions of one staff member. After asking for a sushi restaurant recommendation and getting the walking directions from the bellhop at the Little Nell, we started walking to the restaurant. About 5 minutes later, we were stunned to see the bellhop running without a coat in the freezing temperatures towards us. When he got to us, he apologized for forgetting to give us a $20 off coupon for the restaurant. We were so overwhelmed by his actions, we both decided to write reviews and notify his manager. It was the nicest customer care we've ever experienced.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the little nell for a little after thanksgiving get away and it was absolutely amazing in every way. We were treated like royalty from the second we arrived at the hotel till the second we checked out. I can say this hotel really prides themselves on treating people the way they should be treated. It really means something when you leave a place and can remember specifics such as the names of the people who went above and beyond everyday, big thanks to maria(concierge), jason (ski concierge), mike,josh,and the whole valet team you were all very helpful and friendly. If your looking for a hotel that makes you feel like you don't have to lift a finger while on vacation this is the one. It is the most convenient hotel in aspen , you are literally right on the ski slopes. My wife and I actually ski'd snowmass instead of aspen because of how advanced aspen mountain is , but the ski concierge handled everything and was very accommodating with every little detail. We will definitely return to the little nell very soon and I highly recommend this place to everyone. Worth every penny!!!

• Stayed November 2010
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Traveling with my spouse and friends we traveled to CO the weekend before mother's day and couldn't have picked a better place to stay. The rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable. The staff is very friendly and so accommodating. Our friends own one of the residences but there were some water maintenance issues so we stayed in the hotel instead, the staff was sure to accommodate us in every way they could. The restaurant off the lobby has the best Huevos Rancheros I have ever had in my life hands down, I practically ate it every day.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
orange county, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

i stayed at the little nell while out in aspen for a week working a wedding. while i was too busy with work to enjoy the relaxing amenities, it was so amazing to come back to relax in my beautiful room! the staff was beyond amazing!!! always quick to help us out with any questions or when we needed assistance delivering guest bags, just awesome! the valet team is the best ever!! i swear some of those guys must be models too...haha! the beds are so comfortable, its like heaven. there were so many days where i just wanted to stay in bed for the entire day! i also loved the tea & coffee amenities they had out every morning. especially for a tea drinker like me...they had lots of yummy options! only negative was that the noise from partying guests out on the streets woke me up once. but my earplugs solved that problem!

i can't wait to go back to aspen for a leisure trip. because i know exactly where i plan to stay!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We spent a three day birthday weekend at The Little Nell. I had stayed here before and only have the St Regis to compare it to. We loved this hotel, the concierge staff is wonderful and made went out of their way to make my wife's birthday special. We had a junior suite facing the mountain, the room is spacious and the toiletries etc are first class. We will go back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

The Little Nell is right downtown within walking distance to everything but if you don't want to walk, the hotel will drive you whereever you want to go. The staff at the Concierge desk is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel itself is very warm and has the Aspen look and feel... relaxed and elegant at the same time. Our room was extremely large, we upgraded to get extra square footage, with a fireplace and view of the pool and partial view of the mountain. It was quiet in the hotel and we were very pleased with the linens, bath, service, etc. It was a little pricey, but we did not price a lot of other hotels in Aspen to compare. We would definately return to the Little Nell.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Keep in mind, although I am critical, I absolutely HATE to complain. I almost always stay in 5 star hotels, so I have a pretty good idea re: what a 5 star hotel should be. We stayed at the Little Nell during a very slow period, so the hotel was pretty empty most of the time, with the exception of Labor Day Weekend. We will be sending a letter to the general manager of the hotel as well, but have little hopes in hearing back from him since the entire staff knew about everything and promised to tell him and he did nothing about our "mishaps/complaints" If we do happen to hear back from him, I will update this review accordingly....

I rely a lot on Trip Advisor and like to read both the positive and negative reviews before deciding on a hotel-which is why I felt a responsibility to write a review. I like to point out the pros and cons when reviewing anything, here it goes:

PROS: Great location, steps from the ski lift, Ajax restaurant was lively with a friendly staff, spacious bathrooms with 2 separate sinks, full lenght mirror, fireplace, very cozy rooms although spacious at the same time. Great complimentary transportation service, they picked us up and brought us anywhere and everywhere around town and were very polite and friendly-very professional. Concierge was very helpful and professional as well as almost the entire staff at the hotel.

CONS:
ROOMS:
Somewhat expensive (not surprising for Aspen though) for the time of year (Fall) , had a view of the hotel rooftop next door, not so pretty--We had to request 2 extra lamps because the rooms were so dark. Flatscreen TV was great, only problem: no movie rentals nor pay per view...they had old DVD's at the front desk that you could watch- not so great when your stay is over 7 days and it is cold and raining out at night-very outdated when they just renovated the hotel.
HOTEL STAFF:
Although the staff were very young and friendly for the most part, some appeared to be inexperienced, and almost unprofessional-not what one would expect at a 5 star hotel. Poor phone etiquette when calling for room service , the front desk lost a dinner reservation for us. One girl from roomservice kept talking the entire time she set up our breakfast-the last thing we want to hear when we do not speak in the am until our first cup of coffee....but hey, she was very friendly! Being a smaller, "boutique" hotel, the staff made a point to let us know that THEY knew about ALL of the "mishaps" we experienced while staying there-although they were apologetic, it grew to the point of total embarrassment for us....
HOUSEKEEPING:
We had to ask the housekeepers to clean our toilet after 4 days of having not been cleaned, we also had to ask them to change the flower from the bathroom on day 6 since the original one they placed in our bathroom was rotting with mold growing around the stem in the moldy water it was in. We also had to ask the housekeepers to clean the carpet stains after they remained there for 4 days. They had 2 housekeepers cleaning each room-maybe one was training the other? Whatever it was, they clearly had little experience and did not pay attention to details....I would not call the toilet a small detail - 5 star hotels usually replace or at least make sure the guests have robes in their room- we had to call 4 times on 4 separate nights to have the robes brought up.

SPA/BEAUTY SALON SERVICES:
They do not have a spa nor do they have a salon-they recommend a salon across town (walking distance, but a bit of a walk and definitely not helpful in bad weather-however, their transportation service will gladly drop you off and pick you up) All 5 Star Hotels usually have a spa and or a salon.....not the Little Nell. Of course, they will call a stylist to come to your room if need be-just like Paris Hilton does when she stays there. :)

The KICKER- the reason I would NEVER recommend this hotel to a freind (nor to a foe):
We were awakened by a painter at 7:30am outside our hotel window (3 stories up) talking so loudly, I thought he was outside my door. I opened the curtains to find him staring at me in my room....I am positive I scared him more than he scared me and thankfully I was clothed...The concierge sent us a cheese plate with huge apologies, but really? What ever happened to the manager/owner of the hotel's apology? It certainly was not the concierge's fault and they still got their gratuities at the end of our stay....The Ritz or the Four Season's would have been bending over backwards for us.
I know celebs stay at the Little Nell when they come to Aspen, I just hope they do not experience what we did when we stayed there....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Little Nell? Share your experiences!