“"5 Stars" is not enough for this AWESOME hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“"5 Stars" is not enough for this AWESOME hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Little Nell for the first time. I can't say enough about what a great experience we had. The location of the hotel is perfect. Step out the front door and you are in the heart of cool restaurants and shops. Step out the back door and you are at the gondola ride and the slopes. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite when we checked in. They even showed us several rooms and let us choose! The rooms were all beautiful and immaculate!! There was great entertainment in the Jazz club at the hotel that we thoroughly enjoyed! The staff was first class from the time we checked in until we left.....actually even after we left. When we were driving to our next destination, we realized that we left some very valuable items in the safe in the room where we had stayed. We called the concierge at The Little Nell to let them know. They immediately shipped the contents to the hotel we were traveling to and even called that hotel to let them know to expect the package. Everything that was in the safe was in tact and arrived without incident! If we ever get back to Aspen, The Little Nell will certainly be our pick for accommodations!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

stayed here of ski season with my sister ......usually expensive during ski season but was cheaper due to off season.....rooms lovely flick a switch and a fire and lights come on.......i love Aspen .....have skied here but never stayed here due ski season....i will return with my boyfriend ....totally romantic and ski lift 2 mins away...

• Stayed July 2013
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Love The Little Nell!!!

This was probably my 4th or 5th time staying at the Nell, but first time for the summer. This hotel is simply the single best service of any hotel I've ever stayed at. Whether you want a ride somewhere, or a complex concierge request, the team at this hotel seems to genuinely love thier job, are always friendly & enjoy helping the guests. Aspen gets a bad rap for being snooty, but I think it's the opposite.

The beds are incredibly comfy, the room amenities are wonderful, the location is in the center of everything & ski in/out for your winter adventures. The property is exquisitely maintained in every possible area, the Tavern or Elevation 49 restaurants are some of the best in Aspen....

The summer weather was stunning. Warm days, cool nights, wildflowers everywhere & lots of activities catering to anything you can dream up!

This hotel sets a standard that cannot be beat.

My ONLY gripes are no in-room coffee, and the taupe-beige overload in every room.

1) One of my favorite vacation things is quietly lounging in bed as I wake up with a fresh cup of coffee. Unless you order & wait for intrusive room service, or dress & walk down the street, it ain't happening.

2) You better love taupe/beige because EVERYTHING in the room is the same color. The pictures online show more color varation than I've ever found. Taupe carpets, walls, ceiling, bathroom walls, floor tile, bathroom counters, granite fireplace, ..... the designer even had light taupe comforters made. Literally, you are completely wrapped in an awful beige. They have color themed rooms, but even the least taupe rooms, the Blue Rooms, are 90%+ taupe. Maybe the next remodel will change this, but not stop my next visit. :)

Room Tip: * Unless you love taupe, request a blue room. * The "mountain view deluxe" rooms with bal...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Watchb4go.com

Montreal, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I can't even begin to say how great my experience was here! Very expensive, but I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I return to Aspen! Great experience from Room service, Housekeeping, Hotel staff, everything! Very comfortable beds, clean rooms, HUGE bathroom with 2 sinks! Mini-bar was re-stocked every day and it was mostly complimentary. The transferring of skis and snowboards were fantastic! The car service was perfect! We also hung out at their bar a couple times which was nice and it was walking distance to the best places in town!
We had overnight flights and we were able to ski the entire day and use the spa showers to freshen and clean up before heading back home. They stored our luggage as well and we were able to take that with us to the spa bathrooms.

I cannot wait to rebook Aspen next year, I'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The service, comfort, location and property are just fantastic! We spent a week there for the Food and Wine experience, and the Little Nell made our vacation one of the best ever. You won't regret staying there!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Erie, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in a suite at The Nell just over a year ago, but just recently learned of Trip Advisor and wanted to comment on a few of our most memorable,and favorite.

Our experience was truly amazing. I proposed to Erika while hiking at The Maroon Bells and staying at The Nell. I spoke with the Hotel about my plans to pop the question well before arriving. I was not sure if I would pop the question while hiking or at the restaurant at The Nell, but the hotel staff was prepared for everything.

When we arrived the greeting from the staff was wonderful. Our suite was amazing and there were fresh flowers with a hand written welcome letter from management along with our itinerary for the weekend. The room was clean and beautifully furnished. When returning from our hike we were met with many congratulations from the staff as well as a bottle of champaign and another hand written note from the hotel manager with congratulations.

We truly enjoyed our stay and the staff went out of there way to help me with our memorable weekend. We will return to The Nell many times in the years to come. It is truly a romantic place worth a five star rating!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The service is the top ......
The rooms are so comfortable......people so polite....i am very lucky to have the chance to stay at the little nell....very charming in the middle of everything;)
Concierge is very helpful........it is worth every penny....

• Stayed June 2013

Been to The Little Nell? Share your experiences!