“Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 36 hotels in Aspen
Montreal, Quebec
“Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I can't even begin to say how great my experience was here! Very expensive, but I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I return to Aspen! Great experience from Room service, Housekeeping, Hotel staff, everything! Very comfortable beds, clean rooms, HUGE bathroom with 2 sinks! Mini-bar was re-stocked every day and it was mostly complimentary. The transferring of skis and snowboards were fantastic! The car service was perfect! We also hung out at their bar a couple times which was nice and it was walking distance to the best places in town!
We had overnight flights and we were able to ski the entire day and use the spa showers to freshen and clean up before heading back home. They stored our luggage as well and we were able to take that with us to the spa bathrooms.

I cannot wait to rebook Aspen next year, I'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The service, comfort, location and property are just fantastic! We spent a week there for the Food and Wine experience, and the Little Nell made our vacation one of the best ever. You won't regret staying there!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Erie, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in a suite at The Nell just over a year ago, but just recently learned of Trip Advisor and wanted to comment on a few of our most memorable,and favorite.

Our experience was truly amazing. I proposed to Erika while hiking at The Maroon Bells and staying at The Nell. I spoke with the Hotel about my plans to pop the question well before arriving. I was not sure if I would pop the question while hiking or at the restaurant at The Nell, but the hotel staff was prepared for everything.

When we arrived the greeting from the staff was wonderful. Our suite was amazing and there were fresh flowers with a hand written welcome letter from management along with our itinerary for the weekend. The room was clean and beautifully furnished. When returning from our hike we were met with many congratulations from the staff as well as a bottle of champaign and another hand written note from the hotel manager with congratulations.

We truly enjoyed our stay and the staff went out of there way to help me with our memorable weekend. We will return to The Nell many times in the years to come. It is truly a romantic place worth a five star rating!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The service is the top ......
The rooms are so comfortable......people so polite....i am very lucky to have the chance to stay at the little nell....very charming in the middle of everything;)
Concierge is very helpful........it is worth every penny....

• Stayed June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A gem of a luxury hotel where you can dress causal. My wife and I spent three nights in early June at the Nell. Recommended by a friend in Aspen who said "the service is legendary." The ultimate location; a few steps from the Gondola (ride up the mountain), restaurants and shops are within short walking distance. The pool and hot tub area are spectacular.

We were greeted warmly and received excellent service during our stay. The door staff gladly obtained directions, answered questions about local events, and housekeeping was excellent. My wife had two spa treatments and said they were some of the best she ever had.

Our room was large comfortable, with a fireplace, ample seating areas, cds, flatscreen TV, plenty of storage, great lighting, and a wonderful bed and bedding. The room had great little touches like a book of bedtime stories that thrilled my wife. The bathroom was luxurious, with two vanity areas, and a soaking tub and separate shower.

The Little Nell is an extraordinary place that I recommend highly!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at The Little Nell for a wedding and we were blown away. From the minute we walked in, we were treated like royalty.
We have been fortunate enough to have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world, and the Little Nell may very well be our new favorite.
Beautifull rooms, un-beatable location (ESP for attendings weddings on the Mtn), AMAZING staff. The guys at the valet were fantastic. We had a few out of the ordinary requests during our time there, and the door staff/valet made it all happen and with a smile. Although most everything is within walking distance, the complimentary car service around town was a huge added bonus.
I highly recommend this hotel next time you are in Aspen!

• Stayed May 2013
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I will preface this review by stating that I was able to stay at this hotel using Airline points, I cannot imagine paying the high average rate they command based on the service received.

I Have always heard such great things about the Little Nell, so when I had the opportunity to stay I was really looking forward to it. The property itself is beautiful, comfortable lobby, well appointed clean guest rooms set in a gorgeous location. Unfortunately a few members of their staff caused me to rate this hotel average. It's unfortunate that although they hold a prestigious Forbes Five Star rating their service does not support it.
I found the Bell, Concierge & F&B service to be quite rude. You don't stay in a hotel of this stature and expect to be ignored when entering or exiting the front doors when there are no less than 6 associates standing there. You would expect at least a welcome greeting, a good morning or good evening and a wish to have a pleasant day or a nice evening. It appears that some solid guest service refresher training is in need, although people in the hospitality industry should not need training to simply be polite!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Little Nell? Share your experiences!