“Beautiful Views, Great Food, Wonderful Time” 5 of 5 stars

Aspen Meadows Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   845 Meadows Rd, Aspen, CO 81611   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Food & Wine Pass Package!
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chester, New York
“Beautiful Views, Great Food, Wonderful Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Aspen Meadows Resort was wonderful. I was traveling with some friends we hadn't seen in a while so we got a 2 room suite. The suite had 2 bedrooms each with their own private baths and a spacious living room. The views from the rooms were amazing. After we went for a swim in the heated outdoor pool and soaked in the hot tub, we enjoyed a great meal at their restaurant.

We were located close to the downtown area but not right in it. The hotel provided a shuttle that dropped us off and picked us up when we were done in Aspen Village.

If you are looking for a quite retreat but still want the proximity to Aspen Village, this is your place.

Room Tip: If you are looking for plenty of space, the 2 bedroom suite is a great choice!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
JudHawk_Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Christine K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow travelers. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that you’ll come back and visit again soon!

Jud Hawk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here for several days in February for a wedding. The setting is truly beautiful, with architecture that truly "fits" the space. The hotel staff goes above and beyond: they promised us a shuttle pickup from the airport, and when they had a bellhop have to leave for an emergency and were unable to meet us, they instead picked up the cab+tip charge, and then treated us to dinner at the hotel bar to apologize for the inconvenience.

Other notables:
Regular shuttle service to Aspen made for extremely convenient skiing.
Free s'mores in the hotel lobby every afternoon/evening.
Beautiful outdoor heated pool and hot tub make for especially scenic post-ski relaxation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
dougcrawford, Director of Sales at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Stephanie M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience with us and the rest of the world! I’m delighted you were able to enjoy the S’mores and the Health Club between skiing and the wedding activities! I hope that we’ll have the pleasure of having you as our guests again soon.

Doug Crawford
Director of Sales
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

One of my more memorable hotel experiences. First, the good stuff. The internet is pretty fast, which was a pleasant surprise. The carpet and bathroom flooring is nice, and is also heated. The hotel has free parking that is covered and underground, and there are free shuttles to/from downtown as well as to/from the airport. You can call the front desk to make shuttle reservations. The service is also impeccable--everyone from the restaurant staff to the front desk staff to shuttle drivers are extremely nice and accommodating. In particular, my reservation coordinator Tristan Mahaffey was very kind and helpful! I was able to get a second floor 1-bedroom suite (you are either on the first floor or the second floor in a number of buildings spread out on the property) that was a corner room with amazing views and a nice balcony. The windows are everywhere so you can't escape the beautiful views of the mountains. In fact, it took me about 10-15 minutes in the morning and at night just to open/close all the window coverings in my suite. In addition, there are excellent trails (the Meadows Trail and Rio Grande) right by the hotel that can lead you to downtown. The trails give you access to a gorgeous river with some bridges. Now onto the cons. The walls are pretty thin and creak throughout the night...you can hear your neighbors opening/closing their doors and the floors creak a lot. Another reason to get a second floor corner room if possible, so that you can't hear people above you walking. Also, a lot of the furniture is really dated and peeling away, including the kitchenette, office desk, bathroom counters, and bedroom dressers. Also, I was disappointed regarding food options. There are 3 places to eat: a bar/lounge which is probably where your food comes from if you order room service, a generic Meadows restaurant downstairs, and Plato's which is super expensive so you can rule that one out. Their menus are extremely limited, and have the same 3 main items: a salad, a sandwich, and a burger. So there isn't much selection. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at this resort, and I would stay here again if I got the chance.

Room Tip: Second floor, corner room. Get a room nearest parking garage and hotel front desk.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JudHawk_Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Julia F,

It’s always great to hear from our guests! Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed account of your stay with us and fellow travelers. Your praise and feedback have been shared with the rest of our team and plans are already in place for guest room renovations. I hope that we’ll have the pleasure of having you as our guest again soon!

Northglenn, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I came back to Aspen Meadows for our anniversary and those three days were just great! You don't feel cramped in and you can take nice, relaxing walks around the property and at night with the snow it's breathtaking. You can spend a lot more in Aspen and you will get a lot less as the staff here is very attentative and helpful but please don't tell too many about this jewel in the mountains as it needs to be our little secret.

Room Tip: Before you hit the slopes in the morning, get an early breakfast at Plato's downstairs. Yumm.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JudHawk_Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear ColoradoAztec52,
Thank you for returning to the Aspen Meadows for your anniversary! We’re delighted you chose to celebrate your special day with us and appreciate your comments about Aspen’s best kept secret! I hope that we’ll have the pleasure of having you as our guests again soon.

Aspen Meadows Resort
tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at Aspen Meadows for two nights. What an incredible experience! We loved the architecture and building designs, and the staff was always attentive and friendly. The rooms are very spacious and modern. Room service also did not disappoint. Heather and Lee went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013
JudHawk_Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Dazed1977,

Thanks for choosing the Aspen Meadows Resort! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the associate recognition. Heather and Lee are great assets to our team and your accolades have been shared with them and the rest of our staff! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Being a life long long skier who has traveled and skied in Canada,Europe and South America
I was amazed at the quality and beauty of the Aspen Meadows Resort. Close enough to town
and yet far enough away from the maddening crowd.Everything about AMR was simply perfect.
Staff, accommodations, meals, guest services....Thank You !

Room Tip: If you are going during ski season, first level would be best,,,,,especially wearing ski boots
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
dougcrawford, Director of Sales at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Color2do,

Wow! Thank you so much for the excellent review! It really means a lot to hear from our guests and we appreciate it even more when those great experiences are shared with the rest of the world! I hope that we’ll have the pleasure of having you as our guest again soon.

Doug Crawford
Director of Sales
generatorx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I can't say enough about Aspen Meadows. The staff was so over the top nice and helpful. The town shuttle was perfect because the hotel was on a great quite piece of land you could explore and hike, then take a 5 min shuttle to downtown (24hr a day). Great views out the giant room windows and it had a fireplace! They also had free smores which was pretty fun.I found this hotel through Groupon. I had no idea what town I wanted to go skiing nor a hotel in mind. All I knew is I wanted to go to a ski resort type of town. When I saw a groupon for Aspen I did some research and it sounded exactly like what I had in mind. Great skiing, tons of awesome bars, awesome restaurants, and shopping. I loved Aspen and Aspen Meadows!

Room Tip: Ask for a fireplace. No extra change if you want one!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JudHawk_Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Generatorx,
I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and am pleased to hear that our Groupon Offer swayed your decision to visit Aspen! I agree, it’s a great little town with much to do. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow travelers. Your compliments have been shared with the rest of my staff. I hope that you’ll be back to visit again soon!

Jud Hawk

Been to Aspen Meadows Resort? Share your experiences!