“SHORT BREAK IN ASPEN” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Main Street, Aspen, CO 81611   |
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
“SHORT BREAK IN ASPEN”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Hotel is well situated in Aspen. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The breakfast was poor. Most hot items were tasteless and the pastries and bread items were hard. Disappointed that we had to ask for the room to be cleaned mid-afternoon when we returned having been out all morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear DycerJim,

Thank you so much for your candid feedback and we certainly welcome any comments and suggestions that our guests may offer. We are always trying to make our included, free breakfast a positive experience and will look at adding additional items to enhance it. We currently offer fresh eggs 2 ways, bacon, sausage, potatoes, bread, pastries, juice, coffee, cold cuts, cheese, fresh fruit, bagels, oatmeal, pancakes, cereal and more, all included at no extra charge. Also - we do thoroughly clean every room every day, and it's simply impossible to have every room complete by mid afternoon when we are busy, but if you let us know if you have a preferred time to have your room serviced we are more than happy to ensure this happens. I hope that you will come back and allow us to serve you again, I would be pleased to handle your reservation personally.,

Best regards,

Jeff Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Bellevue, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in one of the jacuzzi rooms and loved it. The balconies don't really provide much privacy though as the walls slope downward as they extend out. The breakfast is great!! If you are looking for a "mountain lodge", this is not your place as it has a very "modern" feel to it. Nice staff and nice room. Not the best price either, but the room is nice.

Room Tip: Room 318 is probablu the best jacuzzi room as it is on the end and you don't have "neighbor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Bryan G,

Congratulations on your anniversary and I'm so glad that we were a part of it. Now - just don't wait another 25 years to return!

Take care,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is barely a 3 star hotel, it is overrated & overpriced. It's old, dated, cramped & very small bathroom. The furnishings are cheap. It seems this hotel is just trying to make money but not keep it up to standards.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Coopem00,

I'm so sorry if any part of your stay was not up to your expectations. I wish I had the chance to discuss your experience with you so that i could better understand what your concerns were. Obviously what you experienced was not the same as the overwhelmingly positive number of reviews we receive. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you to see what we could have done better. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Respectfully,

jeff.bay@hotelaspen.com
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was extremely pleased with my recent stay at Hotel Aspen...from the very friendly staff, to the convenient location, to the delicious morning breakfasts, to the magnificently relaxing private jacuzzi on a balcony overlooking the majestic Aspen mountains!!! Be sure to spend the extra dollars for a room with a private jacuzzi so you can gaze at breathtaking beauty morning, noon, and night! It is well worth it!

Thank you, Hotel Aspen, for making my first visit to Aspen such a fantastic and memorable time! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms with king bed and private balcony jacuzzi are magnificent!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear luvcolorado24,

Thanks so much for your great review and we are proud to be your vacation home in the mountains. We love Colorado very much as well :-). So glad you enjoyed the Jacuzzi Suite and we look forward to your next "return home".

All the best,

Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were very pleased with our choice to stay at Hotel Aspen for two nights. Prior to our arrival, the hotel called to ask if we had any special requests, which I was very impressed by. I was able to request a room away from the main street. I wasn't sure if it would be noisy but I requested this anyways. We stayed in room 323. The room was small but had everything we needed, including a small balcony with adirondack chairs and a view of a mountain. :) All of our requests were attended to very efficiently (bringing our luggage up to our room, dropping off a wine opener, etc). The hotel allows guests to sign out DVDs, which we took advantage of. (great idea!) There is free parking on two sides of the hotel. The hotel is a short five minute walk to the main Aspen strip, which is perfect for tourists without a car. The complementary breakfast is the best I've had in any hotel. (Scrambled eggs, Ready Crisp bacon (wished it was actual bacon), bagels, bread, fruit, cereal, juices, coffee, pancake maker, etc) The staff were very helpful and pleasant. Every member of the staff we encountered provided great customer service to us. This is a great hotel that I would recommend in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alovera23,

I appreciate your nice comments and we're so pleased you had a great stay with us! I'm not sure what you mean by "ready crisp" bacon as we do use the real thing. Maybe this is a Canadian thing :-) Anyway, please come back and visit again soon!

Take care,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our one year Anniversary in Aspen and this hotel made our stay truly special. Great location, very friendly staff, staff loved our dog, good breakfast and the Jacuzzi room was awesome! Thank you to all of the staff for making our trip memorable.

• Stayed September 2013
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Kidwells,

I'm so happy that you and your pup had such a nice time with us. We love our dogs in Colorado (they're like family) and we would never make them sleep in the car. Thanks for the great review and we look forward to seeing you both on a future visit.

Cheers,

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in Aspen for a quick overnight and really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Aspen. Splurge on a room with a jacuzzi if you can, mine was on a private balcony and was really nice. The temperature and hot tub were all ready for me as soon as I arrived and it was wonderful to drop into after I arrived. Front desk staff were really helpful and gave me some great restaurant recommendations based on my interests. The hotel is just off the center of town so it's quiet and cozy, but it's not so far that you can't easily walk places. Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: Get a room with a hot tub if you can
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear nyctravis,

Thank you so much for your "Outstanding" review and we're so pleased that you had a great time with us in Aspen. I'll pass on your great compliments to the staff and we'll look forward to seeing you on a future trip to Aspen!

All the best,

Jeff Bay

Been to Hotel Aspen? Share your experiences!