“Very very tiny rooms but otherwise great” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Aspen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Main Street, Aspen, CO 81611   |
Ranked #10 of 36 hotels in Aspen
Los Angeles
“Very very tiny rooms but otherwise great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great little hotel.

Pros- nice rooms, nicely outfitted, great work desk for computer, chargers, etc, super comfortable beds, great front desk service, outstanding shower, great location on Main Street. Great pool and spa area for winding down.

Cons- very very small rooms, no vanity space in bathroom to lay out toiletries.

Small room is not really a big deal but vanity space makes it a 4 star for me instead of a 5.

Highly recommended, especially for off season rate of $109.!!!

Room Tip: first floor by pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Foosh9,

Thanks so much for your great review. I'm so sorry you felt that our rooms were small, all of our rooms are nearly 300 sq. ft. or larger, which is well within normal standards for hotels. We also offer many other room types and suites with large sitting areas. private decks and jacuzzis and fireplaces. Our Aspen room that you enjoyed at a very economical price may not be quite as large but the great price that includes breakfast, parking, wi-fi and airport transportation is a tremendous value. I hope you can return and try one of our other great rooms on your next trip to Aspen.

Take care,

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Checked in shortly before office closed early due to off-season. Third floor walk-up was a drag but friendly desk clerk helped me unload my car. It was late so I quickly left to find a bite to eat. When I returned I realized that there was NO chair in the room. Only a bar with two bar stools. I travel a lot for business and can't for the life of me remember when I was in a room that didn't have a decent chair to sit in and table to work on my computer. Do they really think I want to sit on a bar stool to watch TV? For more than 15 years I have operated a business evaluating resort properties, I know the trends and how to be objective. Whoever designed this room was clueless about providing a place for guests to relax. Even if you're here for vacation, you might want to sit down before heading out for an evening on the town. If you want a "bar" experience, there are much better places than your hotel room. The mattress is good but I can hear the guests in the room below me and overall the feeling is small and dated (c. 1980's). I understand that they plan to add elevators, that will be a big improvement but in the meantime, start with some simple upgrades that focus on the guest experience.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay on the back side away from Main St.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Topdrawer7,

I so appreciate you taking the time to write is about our great staff and service and offer your feedback on our room design. I apologize if the seating arrangement was not to your satisfaction upon your arrival but I believe that my staff brought you all of your requested items including a desk and chair shortly after your arrival. Most of our rooms have these items, but some are designed to offer a more open floor plan. We will certainly look to see if we can offer more to make all of our guests more comfortable. As for being dated - all of our guestrooms were fully renovated within the last 3 years and all have brand new carpet, drapes, paint, furniture, bathrooms, flat screen TV's and pillow top mattresses with 300 thread count sheets and down duvets. I hope you will offer us another opportunity to earn your business.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were there for Aspen Shorts Fest the local film festival. The service, room and pool areas were really nice. It is within walking distance to good breakfast places and other places off the mountain. The bathroom was a little small and the kitchen area is a corner in the room but we ate out so no biggie. Not a big room though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nikko_Traveler,

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback, we are pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. Just so you know our hotel offers a variety of rooms and suites, many with large sitting areas, fireplaces and private jacuzzis. Our Aspen rooms are not as large but the economical price reflects this. I hope you can return and try a different room on your next visit.

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend spent some days here, simply amazing. Room, breakfast and people were great. Then, onemword about the swimming pool: itbwas raining, 13 degrees C, hot water... Swimming into a dream!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fabrizio C,

Thank you so much for the great review and kudos. I am so pleased you had an opportunity to stay with us and took full advantage of our great pool! We look forward to your quick return.

Thanks, Jeff

Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had 2 nights at the Hotel Aspen and we loved it! The staff was so helpful and the location was great. It was our first holiday to Aspen and we will be back and won't even look to stay any where else! The room was clean and comfortable and we were spoiled with a beautiful view of the Mnt. We were stunned at the quailty of the apres and breakfast. Well done Hotel Aspen! we will be speading the word :) and we will be back!

Room Tip: We had room 323, and as long as you are ok with the stairs, we would highly recommend this suite! th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Mntchick,

We LOVE that you loved us! Thank you so much for the great review, especially coming from a beautiful place like Whistler. I'm sure you see lots of ski resort hotel offerings and I'm flattered that you thought so highly of us. I hope that we are able to serve you again in the future.

All the best,

Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great hotel, loved the afternoon snacks and breakfast Buffett. Great location,reasonable rates. Friendly service. Would love to come back. Review must be 200 characters which is pretty long, I don't have that much to say

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Doogie468,

Thank you so much for the "Great" review and we are glad that you stayed with us. I hope that you can make another trip over the divide soon to come and visit again!

All the best,

Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our room had a king bed and fireplace, with flat screen tv and also a kitchenette (fridge, microwave, coffee maker, bar sink, two stools and eating area). We had a corner room on the 2nd floor so there were two large windows, and one window had a built-in cushioned seat below it. Room furniture was newer with modern styling. Pet friendly. There was an outdoor pool that looked nice but we didn't use it. Close to the ski area and walking distance to downtown Aspen. Great view of the ski slopes from right out the door. The fireplace is natural gas and very easy to turn on and off, made the room feel cozy. The bathroom was nice with updated furnishings and the soap/shampoos supplied were high quality. I noticed the towels were very soft and newer, not scratchy like some hotels. The bed was comfortable, linens were nice, and heat/ac worked good. The styling of the room & hotel in general was contemporary/modern and kind of cute. Large closet also. No noise problems with our room, very quiet. Easy parking lot and hotel access - outdoor hotel. Some rooms have small outside patios with table & chairs. Breakfast served upstairs above lobby, and it was a nice offering with hot bacon, eggs, sausage patties, fresh fruit, breads, cereals, juices/coffee/teas, yogurt, etc. I thought it was a better breakfast than most hotels we've stayed at, and the view from the breakfast area was great. I also saw a sign that they served food there in the evenings. Liked this hotel a lot, decent for the price & location in Aspen. Not a super-fancy place, but way nicer than a Comfort Inn, per se. The guy at front desk was extremely helpful and polite. Would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MuchaKoda,

Thank you so much for the detailed and thoughtful review of our hotel. We are so pleased you had a great time with us. You are correct that our location, amenities, service and value make us a clear choice when it comes to Aspen lodging.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jeff Bay

Been to Hotel Aspen? Share your experiences!