“Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Aspen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Main Street, Aspen, CO 81611   |
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Huntington Beach, California
“Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

First time to Aspen and needed something moderately priced and accessible to downtown and the other resorts. The room was great, the complimentary breakfast and apres ski were definitely a plus. Most of all, I can not say enough about the staff at the hotel, the last time I had this type of customer focus and service was at a Ritz Carlton.......they really made the trip.
I was concerned that the location of the hotel would be an issue, but quickly learned everything was in walking distance and the free bus service, which stops just outsiude the front door, will get you anywhere you want to go. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Brian G,

Wow, I am humbled by your compliments and I am truly pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I will certainly pass on your kind words to my staff and recognize them for their efforts. We are blessed to live and work in Aspen and I'm glad it shows. Service comparable to the Ritz at half the cost - now that's a compelling offer!

Take care,

Jeff Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed in a room with our private hot tub outside on our balcony. They also have an outdoor pool and hot tub for other guests. Rooms are a little small, bedroom is not separate. Front desk staff is helpful. Comp breakfast and after ski nibbles are convenient.. Since hotel is located on the busy Main Street , you can catch free public buses out the front door to go skiing.

Room Tip: Try a private hot tub room, a little pricey though!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Beth T,

Thank you so much for the kind and impartial review and we so appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time in Aspen!

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was my first time in Aspen. The hotel was everything I was looking for and more. The staff was great! They picked me up at the airport and provided great recommenations for spas, ski rental discounts and Resturants. The hotel beds were very comfortable and rooms nicely furnished and cleaned. The free morning breakfast and evening appetizers were outstanding. Happy hour was a great time to catch up with the other guests. The pool and spa were a great way to relax after a long day of skiing. It an easy walk into town for great dining and entertainment. The free bus stops right out front the hotel to easily jump over to any of the four world class ski mountains. See you on my next trip out.

Room Tip: I would choose one of the rooms around the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Jhallnucg,

Thansk so much for the great review and we're so glad you had a great time in Aspen with us. You're right that our location, value, service and amenities make us a great choice in the Aspen area, we hope you come back to see us soon!

All the best,

Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Staff is very friendly. Upstairs lobby has great ski mt views, good breakfast & apres. Pool, spa, & all grounds are very clean. You can walk everyplace, inc lovely old neighborhood & rec path just behind. Bus to Snowmass is less than 1/2 blk. We highly recommend Hotel Aspen!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear JayRVail,

Thanks so much for coming "over the hill" from Vail to visit a real ski town! (Just kidding, Vail is wonderful as well and a close runner up to Aspen :-) ) We are super happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and had such a great experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Hope to see you again soon!

Take care,

Cali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful week at hotel aspen over valentines day 2013. We had a jacuzzi suite on the third floor (room 315, perfect corner room near the stairs and only a neighbor on one side!) spacious room, VERY clean, with a small kitchenette (microwave, fridge and sink). Only downside was the VERY small bathroom. Internet and TV facilities are complementary with free DVD rentals at the front desk, loved that!! We loved using the jacuzzi after a line day in the snow. No elevators...which was fine other than having to bring our luggage up/down.

Breakfast is decent (toast, eggs, bacon, cereals, cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit, hot coffee/tea, oatmeal, etc) and complimentary après ski from 430 to 6pm is a VERY nice touch. Hot soups and appetizers are nice after a day in the snow! Views from breakfast bar of the mountain are amazing.

The hotel is located right next to a bus stop to all 4 mountains, which is very convenient and free! Buses come every 15 minutes so you're never waiting too long in the cold! Aspen village is less than 10 minute walk and great for dinners and shopping. A GREAT park literally steps away from the hotel. We enjoyed a few afternoon there with our daughter and it was great to be so close to our room still.

The hotel staff went above and beyond to help us find great places to eat and help us figure out how to get around to all of our destinations. I've never encountered a town full of such friendly, helpful people. That alone will make us want to return to Aspen and Hotel Aspen very soon!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear KylesWife637,

I so appreciate you witing about your stay and we are very pleased you had such a great time with us. We pride ourselves on our great location, amenities and service and it certainly reaffirms our committment to quality when we read about great stays such as yours. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheers,

Richmond, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I travelled to Aspen for a midweek of ski with my son. We booked a double queen bed room next to the heated pool and jacuzzi, which was great to relax after a day of ski. Room was very spacious and basic kitchen (incl fridge), internet and TV facilities are complementary. Breakfast is very decent (toast, eggs, bacon, cereals, ham, cheese, yoghurt, fresh fruit salads etc) and complimentary snack and drinks from 430 to 6pm are generous. Views from breakfast bar on mountain is divine. Location on the rather busy Main Street is ok, we did not hear any traffic in rooms (only noise came from first floor during our last night, guess you have to be lucky with neighbours above you). Hotel located in front of bus stop to all 4 mountains, which is very convenient. Aspen village is less than 10 minute walk and great for dinners and shopping.

When you rent skis, 4 mountains offer free daily transportation of your skis to your mountain of choice. This avoids you having to carry around your skis.

Staff in hotel is very helpful and polite (except for breakfast bar - great service but a smile or "good morning" would make it complete). Nothing seems too much asked, thank you!

Room Tip: Go for one of the rooms around the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear BartMaas,

I truly appreciate the time you took to let us know about your great experience. We strive to make every guests stay extraordinary and I'm so pleased we achieved our goal. I hope that you will consider us again on your next visit to Aspen, hopefully soon!

Thanks, Jeff
merida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I got an amazing time while I was there. the breakfast was good and the view to the mountain amazing.
One of the things that I didnt like It was the service as a tourist that doesnt know the area. I was asking at the reception for tours to do and the guy that attended me wasnt really polite and unuseful. I asked him many times for help and sugestions about what to do. He printed me some papers (I can say in a bad way) and I told him if he could book me one of those tours and he said he couldnt that It was all he could do for me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear erikacaceres,

First of all, thank you for allowing us to serve you and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. I am glad that you found many of the hotel's amenities and convenient location to your satisfaction. However, there is never an excuse for less that 100% hospitable service and I apologize sincerely if you felt that any of my staff were not genuinely helpful with your needs while you were here. As you can see from our many positive reviews that guest service is our number one priority. I commit to you that I will follow up with my staff to make sure that friendliness and courtesy are our hallmarks that set up apart. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Aspen in the future you will allow us to earn your business again, and I am available at any time to personally assist you with your future travel plans.

Best regards,

Jeff Bay

Been to Hotel Aspen? Share your experiences!