“Easy walking distance into centre of Aspen” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Aspen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Main Street, Aspen, CO 81611   |
Ranked #11 of 36 hotels in Aspen
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“Easy walking distance into centre of Aspen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is only a stroll away from the heart of Aspen and represents good value in an upmarket location.
Reception were very welcoming and we were given easy directions to find our room and facilities on site. The room was big and spacious with a private balcony hot tub. Slightly on the dark side the only negative for me was I prefer to access my room via an internal hotel corridor, the rooms here are almost all external access giving it more of motel feel.
Buffet breakfast provided an extensive choice and was a good start to the day, additonal entertainment provided by a guest wandering around in her dressing gown post swim and gathering her brekkie.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as the main street is a busy road and you can still hear the trucks thund...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear NorthumberlandTopCat,

Thank you so much for your kind words and great review. We are so glad you had a worderful stay with us! I'll pass your great compliments on to our staff and we look forward to having you choose us on your visit to Aspen!

Cheers,

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I would like to thank Lisa who welcomed us with great attitude and will definitely come back to Hotel Aspen in the future. The size of the room was perfect and both queen beds were comfortable. Again thank you for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: we are on the 2nd floor on the street side it was quite when we were there, the bed are comfy the ba...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear enroute28,

Thanks so much for the nice compliment to Lisa and your great review, we try hard to offer a great stay with friendly service and I'm glad we met our mark. We look forward to your next visist to Aspen and another pleasant stay!

Thanks,

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My sister & I stayed at the Hotel Aspen for 6 nights & enjoyed it very much. We had 2 queen beds & plenty of space for the two of us. Refrigerator & microwave in every room. Close to all the shopping & the John Denver Sanctuary. Would recommend it to anyone going to Aspen. Great breakfast buffet every morning.

Dear 933Barbara,

Thank you so much for the kind words and great review. I'm really glad you had a great time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Aspen and the Hotel Aspen soon!

Take care,

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is my third visit to Hotel Aspen, I travel to Aspen from Denver for work. Once again this hotel has exceeded my expectations. The check in person, Lisa, was so nice and helpful today when I was checking in! The room I had,was again very comfortable, accommodating and just great!

This is a great option for your stay in Aspen. I will stay here again and again! I walked into town this evening (about 2 blocks) and had no problems. Comfortable, clean and modern. Perfect place for your Aspen getaway!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Amandi34,

Thank you so much for your return patronage, we have many guests who visit us multiple times and we are so pleased you are part of the Hotel Aspen "family" Please let me know when you can visit again so I can make sure you get our nicest room!

Thanks again,

Algonquin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Reasonable prices (for Aspen) and very clean and comfortable. Just a few blocks away from all the shops and restaurants. Helpful employees for guidance on restaurants, buses, hiking trails, etc. on our first trip to the area. Nice (free) buffet breakfast every morning.

Dear Debra290,

I really appreciate the nice review and we are so glad you had a great stay with us! Hopefully you can come back and visit again!

Cheers,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

spent two nights in this hotel. we got a very good rate for two queens room but even got an upgrade with fireplace room. guess this is the advantage during low season! room was super, breakfast buffet was also great and included.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Spundae,

Thankl you so much for your great comments and I'm so pleased you had a great stay with us! I hope you keep us in mind on your next visit to Aspen!

Take care,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We planned a two-day stay and made reservations in advance. Upon entering our room we noticed it smelled musty and stale. The bathroom was so small, even the light switch was outside the room! The bathroom floor was dirty. We chalked it up as a poor choice and went out to enjoy the rest of the day in town. While out we received a call from home that my aging father had taken ill and was in the hospital. I went to the hotel owner and kindly asked to be refunded for the following day as I needed to go home. I was told I had been charged for two days and no refund could be given, only a credit. I think this is lousy customer service. Sometimes "life" happens and things don't go as planned. Why would I ever want to come back to a place where I am treated that way? Now I have to choose between being with my father and losing the money or staying when I am needed at home. How insensitive of the hotel owner to be so inconsiderate. This hotel is not a special place , more of a dump. I may have recommended it as a cheap stay, but after being treated this way, forget it. What goes around comes around, hotel aspen. Keep treating people crappy and you will soon find yourself without customers.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Roughton,

First of all please accept my wishes for a speedy recovery for your father. I apologize if you felt that we were not sympathetic to your circumstances, quite the contrary, we only offer future stay credits for extenuating circumstances, and we certainly felt that your situation warranted understanding. Our cancellation policies are clearly stated in advance so that there is no misunderstanding, but we made an exception for you in the hopes that you might be able to use your credit for a future stay with us, anytime in the next year. I'm sorry if you felt that this was insensitive.

While I hope that your situation did not somehow overshadow your opinion of our hotel, I certainly respect your feelings and would enjoy an opportunity to discuss your situation with you personally. I'm not sure who you spoke to at the property but the owner does not take part in day-to-day operations, and I assure you that I would have made every effort to take your needs and concerns into account had I had an opportunity to do so. As you can see from the multitude of positive reviews we receive and my response to every single one of them that I take customer satisfaction seriously.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 970-925-3441 or jeff@hotelaspen.com at your convenience.

Respectfully,

Jeff Bay

Been to Hotel Aspen? Share your experiences!