“3rd Stay at Hotel Aspen” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Aspen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West Main Street, Aspen, CO 81611   |
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Denver
“3rd Stay at Hotel Aspen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is my third visit to Hotel Aspen, I travel to Aspen from Denver for work. Once again this hotel has exceeded my expectations. The check in person, Lisa, was so nice and helpful today when I was checking in! The room I had,was again very comfortable, accommodating and just great!

This is a great option for your stay in Aspen. I will stay here again and again! I walked into town this evening (about 2 blocks) and had no problems. Comfortable, clean and modern. Perfect place for your Aspen getaway!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Amandi34,

Thank you so much for your return patronage, we have many guests who visit us multiple times and we are so pleased you are part of the Hotel Aspen "family" Please let me know when you can visit again so I can make sure you get our nicest room!

Thanks again,

Jeff Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Algonquin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Reasonable prices (for Aspen) and very clean and comfortable. Just a few blocks away from all the shops and restaurants. Helpful employees for guidance on restaurants, buses, hiking trails, etc. on our first trip to the area. Nice (free) buffet breakfast every morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Debra290,

I really appreciate the nice review and we are so glad you had a great stay with us! Hopefully you can come back and visit again!

Cheers,

Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

spent two nights in this hotel. we got a very good rate for two queens room but even got an upgrade with fireplace room. guess this is the advantage during low season! room was super, breakfast buffet was also great and included.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Spundae,

Thankl you so much for your great comments and I'm so pleased you had a great stay with us! I hope you keep us in mind on your next visit to Aspen!

Take care,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We planned a two-day stay and made reservations in advance. Upon entering our room we noticed it smelled musty and stale. The bathroom was so small, even the light switch was outside the room! The bathroom floor was dirty. We chalked it up as a poor choice and went out to enjoy the rest of the day in town. While out we received a call from home that my aging father had taken ill and was in the hospital. I went to the hotel owner and kindly asked to be refunded for the following day as I needed to go home. I was told I had been charged for two days and no refund could be given, only a credit. I think this is lousy customer service. Sometimes "life" happens and things don't go as planned. Why would I ever want to come back to a place where I am treated that way? Now I have to choose between being with my father and losing the money or staying when I am needed at home. How insensitive of the hotel owner to be so inconsiderate. This hotel is not a special place , more of a dump. I may have recommended it as a cheap stay, but after being treated this way, forget it. What goes around comes around, hotel aspen. Keep treating people crappy and you will soon find yourself without customers.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Roughton,

First of all please accept my wishes for a speedy recovery for your father. I apologize if you felt that we were not sympathetic to your circumstances, quite the contrary, we only offer future stay credits for extenuating circumstances, and we certainly felt that your situation warranted understanding. Our cancellation policies are clearly stated in advance so that there is no misunderstanding, but we made an exception for you in the hopes that you might be able to use your credit for a future stay with us, anytime in the next year. I'm sorry if you felt that this was insensitive.

While I hope that your situation did not somehow overshadow your opinion of our hotel, I certainly respect your feelings and would enjoy an opportunity to discuss your situation with you personally. I'm not sure who you spoke to at the property but the owner does not take part in day-to-day operations, and I assure you that I would have made every effort to take your needs and concerns into account had I had an opportunity to do so. As you can see from the multitude of positive reviews we receive and my response to every single one of them that I take customer satisfaction seriously.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 970-925-3441 or jeff@hotelaspen.com at your convenience.

Respectfully,

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I have never been to Aspen, so booking at a hotel that you know nothing about is very concerning. We got to the hotel early and our room was ready. Being new to the area and not knowing our way around the employees were more then happy to tell us where to go and what to see.

My wife and I are very happy with the hotel, the room was great. We will be returning in Nov. 2012. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Robert P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review, we are so glad you had a great time. I'll pass your compliments on to the staff and we hope you will consider us again when your travels bring you back to Aspen in November!

Cheers,

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place was reasonably priced (for aspen) and provided just enough to be an acceptable acoomodation for the price. I think this place would be spot-on if you have a dog with you (dog friendly). I didn't realize it was pet friendly before booking, which worried me after I learned of that, but it was clean and there weren't any signs of pet hairs anywhere. My wife is mildly allergic, and she didn't have any issues either.

The rooms had been updated at some point and were pretty nice overall. The hallways were very dark, to the point I was having trouble finding the key-card slot the first couple times.

Free parking, free hot breakfast (nothing fancy, but acceptable), a short walk to the pedestrian mall, great restaurants close by, and they gave us a free park pass for maroon bell that lasted through our stay.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and is a fine option for those of us who don't demand the swankiest, and prefer to keep on budget.

Room Tip: Outside rooms are best. We were facing inside, so could only see the room and stairway. The ground...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 5280toZero,

Thank you for your kind comments. We too feel strongly that Hotel Aspen provides a great value with a complimentary hot breakfast, free parking, free wifi, free airport transportation, free local and LD calls, pet friendly and a price that is usually much less than any other hotel is Aspen. I'm pleased you found us to be "just enough", but we feel we provide "a lot more" than any other hotel in Aspen for the price.

Thanks again and please return soon!

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was lovely.... except....... we didn't like the dark hallways .....yes we know your trying to be green and save engery but this was so over the top !!! It was very erie ....we didn't feel comfortable going to our room or getting ice from the ice machine, the only other thing was the swing over lock was missing , u know the one you can swing over after your in your room so housekeeping or anyone else can't open the door, we put a bar stool in front of the door so we would hear if someone did open our door while we were sleeping,oh and btw. housekeeping came knocking on the door before checkout and we didn't appreciate that as one of us was in the shower and the other getting dressed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jeanie T,

I appreciate you taking the time to write us regarding your recent stay, I'm glad you had a great time and we look forward to having you back in the future. I do take your feedback seriously and we are looking into improved lighting options for these corridors. I' not clear about what happend with our housekeeping department but I can assure you that we will never enter a room that has a "do not disturb" sign present, I'm sure they were just making their morning rounds. Eitherway, we'll get the latch looked at and as long as the deadbolt is used there is no way for anyone, even with a key, can enter the room. I assure you all of our rooms are very safe and secure,

Best regards,