“Enjoyable dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Denver, Colorado
“Enjoyable dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had an enjoyable dinner with a reasonable wine selection. I did not select a fancy , over the top entrée, but very much enjoyed the Italian standard of spaghetti & meatballs. I love meatballs and these were very good. My friends had ravioli and vongole which they also enjoyed. This is an upscale restaurant , modern decor , on the main street of Aspen . We know nothing about Italian wine so we let the house select a wine that fit our budget ; they made a good selection.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bahamas
“Nice hostess and bartender”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

and that's about it! The food was average at best -too pushy and loud. Hip is fine, unnecessary volume is oppressive. It may be new and "cutting edge" but I think it was a blunt weapon instead.

Visited January 2014
“Bad management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Very ignorant boss . Not Nice to eat when the service is so pushy and stressed. Eat fast so we can get More people in ! We ordered champagne to start with but got Cava!!
Quite good food but not Nice experience. Loud music

Visited March 2014
Miami
“Great,Excelent home made pasta, Excelent pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This great place just open, fantastic food. I was so happy to see an old friend Luigi Giordani that owned this fantastic place. He is also the owner of Campo de Fiori. Try the pappardelle with lamb ragout, or gnocchi. Thin crust pizza as a starter is a must. Also a cold cut and stracciatella cheese you must try it. Say hi for me to Luigi . Have fun Luca Papini. Ciao

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Vibrant, tasty, Italian in Aspen CO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Ate here on a recent ski trip to Aspen, CO and was pleasantly surprised. Restaurant is located on Main Street across from the Pitkin County, court complex. Interior is very modern and well-lit. Burnished metal appears to be the theme. Tables are situated close to one another. Bar area is well-stocked. Kitchen area is open to view. Large B&W Photos of various Italian and Italian-American, celebrities adorn the walls (most notably Sophia Loren) which seems appropriate for Aspen. I'd give the interior an A+ but most diners come for the food.

I had the capellini, Angel hair pasta tossed in a light promodoro sauce with fresh grape tomatoes. The pasta was perfect, just firm enough and not "mushy". The sauce was very light, simple and no one ingredient was overwhelming. The tomatoes were not crushed, but pretty much left whole, retaining their natural flavor and resulting in a "fresher" taste. I enjoyed it. I also ordered a serving of rosemary bread which was very thin, almost cracker-like with a hint of rosemary, flavor. I could have skipped the bread. It was akin to a thin pizza-shell with no toppings. All-in-all, I was satisfied with my meal/pasta. I left the trattoria full but not over-full. I appreciate a light pasta and they do that well here!

Visited February 2014