“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Atlanta
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great food, I had the seasonal risotto with duck breast. Great service, multiple waiters making sure everything is perfect. Really nice atmosphere. Aspen's best.

Visited August 2013

Lauderhill, Florida
“For the prices they charge here we expected excellence and didn't get it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

It was a rainy summer night in Aspen when my husband and I decided to dine at Rustique. The hostess sat us indoors where it was extremely crowed, noisy and HOT! We opted to eat outdoors under the awning where it was a bit cooler. The service was inconsistent at best. We concluded that the wait staff is more accustomed to serving inside rather than on a rainy evening outdoors. The French baguette is generic at best...I'm a bread and butter girl so this was my first disappointment. The second came in the form of their French onion soup. It was barely warm and lacked seasoning. I ordered the caprese salad and had to ask 3 different waiters to please bring some balsamic vinegar. On a high note, my husband's trout was excellent. The sauce was delicious and it was cooked to perfection.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“So so... might be better in the winter?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

When we arrived the manager(?) seated us by just dropping menus on the table and said you can sit here - no welcome or any other comments. Our waiter was nice but must have been over seated and seemed to be having a "tiff" with another waiter. A server knocked over a water glass at the neighboring table when delivering our dinner. Water covered their table, the floor between both tables and some of us at both tables. He never acknowledged it so after he brought the last of our food I mentioned it. He said he was busy trying to get our food to us while it was hot but still didn't wipe it up. We finally asked the manager(?) to have it wiped up so no one would slip. They never even apologized and left the adjacent table soaked while they finished their dessert.

The risotto with spicy sausage & tomato sauce was delicious. The short ribs were just ok but did not look like the ones pictured on this website's review page. The mixed greens salad recommended by our waiter was bland. The Caesar looked excellent but the waiter said "it was just a Caesar" so I went with his suggestion. I love Brussel sprouts but the side dish was flavorless - how can that happen? We were never asked if we wanted additional drinks. It took a long time to clear the remaining plates and we even had to ask to order dessert.

For some reason it seemed like this restaurant might be better on a cold winter night.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Skip this one!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The seating is cramped. The service is slow and the quality of food does not match the price. The hangar steak was dry. The onion soup was barely warm and lacking in flavor.The manager was rude as well as some of the local patrons. Aspen has many other better dining choices, skip this one.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix
“Duck a l'Orange to perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Ok, anyplace that has a nightly foie gras special is ok with me. The night we went it was served with duck confit, why hasn't anyone else thought of that!! The menu is full of French country classics which sometimes can be hard to find, I guess everyone is tired of cooking the clichés. But come on, a perfectly cooked duck a l'Orange is pretty awesome, and I have to say I would come back again just for that. It takes a deft touch to get that thick layer of fat to melt just perfectly, if it's underdone it's pretty gross but this was so wonderful. Someone had called out sick (or quit perhaps) in the kitchen so things got a bit bogged down, but they wrote off our truffle fries so that was nice. I really didn't mind a slower meal after a long day traveling to get there. The owner came by to apologize himself as well so how could you leave upset? My only complaint is the bread is really not that tasty, even if it comes to your table fresh. What's the matter with a good French baguette? Overall, can't wait to return.

Visited June 2013