“A smile would have been nice!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Norway, Maine
“A smile would have been nice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped by for a light dinner.... It was a bit disappointing. The food was okay - nothing special. The service was disappointing. The waitress and the hostess both were not friendly. I felt like we were putting them out by being there. I would not go back... There are many more places in Aspen who I am sure would want my business.

Visited June 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Enjoyed our Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I ate here on Saturday, 5/25/13. We had reservations at 6 PM. The restaurant was nearly empty at the time but we were seated next to a party of 6. I asked to move to another table in the corner but the waitress said it was reserved. I did notice all the corner tables were taken by 7 pm. My husband and I assume the regular local customers get the corner tables. We had a very nice waitress. She explained the menu to us. My husband got the small plate version of the Fois Gras with smoked duck special to start with. He liked it very much. I got the French onion soup which was excellent. The warm and crusty bread is severed in small bags to keep it warm. My husband got the Duck Confit which was very good. I had the pan roasted trout. It was ok. It seem to be watery or just needed to be cooked longer. We finished the meal with house made fruit sorbet.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Glad We Decided to Eat Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were in Aspen for a lacrosse tournament in the off season which also was Mother's Day weekend. The food was excellent. I had an appetizer and salad as I was not hungry enough for the 2 course prix fixe dinner options. The escargot was good (maybe a tad bit overcooked) and my salad was delicious. My husband order the salmon which was perfectly done and also delicious. My son ordered the hamburger and said it was the best burger he ever had.

Service was also very good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Love this place, sit at the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just love this place, my go to place in Aspen. I've only ever sat at the bar, the food is amazing. When my girlfriend visits we always go there, when I celebrated 70 days on the mountain this season I went there. Again, sit at the bar. For me the go to stuff is, the hangar steak and the burger. It's a decent place and I wouldn't steer you wrong. Hard to find good honest food in Aspen.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, Great wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Rustique was recommended to me by a local I met while in the airport.

I sat at the bar and Steve, the bartender, was very friendly even though he was very busy. The food was amazing - highly recommend the Truffle Mac & Cheese! It's not your everyday Mac & Cheese.

If you find yourself in Aspen, get thee to Rustique.

• Visited April 2013