“Authentic Aspen Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
“Authentic Aspen Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you want to experience the true Rocky Mountain vibe, then make this restaurant part of your trip. I prefer the lunch experience as the view is really extraordinary. Unless you are 80, infirm, or have a broken limb; then X Country ski or just walk up the road. It is about a half hour walk and a perfect way to chat with your people or enjoy the quiet and Beautiful views. Once there, have a Bloody Mary, try the grilled Romaine salad, the Mo Mos, and don't forget desert-you earned it after all.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Experience of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Ride a horse-drawn sleigh through a beautiful snowy landscape surrounded by 14,000 foot peaks to the welcoming glow of a warmly lit lodge in the middle of a picturesque wilderness. Add a heavy snowfall and a full moon appearing between towering snow-covered peaks as we witnessed last night and you have a night to remember forever.

Visited February 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I agree with the reviews that the travel may not be to everyone's liking. However we found the food and service to be excellent. The trout was excellent. Best I've ever had. My wife had the steak and it was very good. We had a private party there for 90 people and I was amazed the timing and delivery of the service was so good. A very enjoyable experience

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Extremely bad Aspen dinner Experinece”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I doubt I will ever come back here.
The skis I was given were poor. I was alone on a trail for quite a long time in the darkness with a headlamp, on a cold snowy windy night, given unclear instructions on where to go .After a while, an employee passed me saying he had to "leave to go get ready for dinner set up." and that I "should be OK"
I was once again, at night, alone in the mountains, and having never been here before, unsure if I was taking the correct ski path when I decided if after another 5 minutes I do not see someone, I woulfd return back to where we started and leave. It was an uneasy feeling.
Another employee happened to ski up and advise me I was on the correct path so I kept going.
Dinner service was uninspired, food was average, portions were small. We were not told desert was included., $70 for a piece of chicken $95 for the other entrees plus tax and tip.. Really? Additionally, to add insult to injury, on the restaurant bill was a rental charge per person. for the ski gear you need to get to the place..
Prices were high by Aspen standards,

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
miami
“better than ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

my husband and i cross country ski to this restaurant everyday during our annual week in aspen/ashcroft area... this year the food was better than ever! we usually eat at the bar and enjoy the soups, which are always perfection, and this year we loved a politically correct quinoa dish which had turmeric blanched cauliflower (normally not my favorite vegetable) and green beans coupled with a smoked black cherry sauce. who gets to eat such delicious, sophisticated and healthy fare at a ski lodge?! good wine and friendly faces in this most amazing setting... it cannot get any better.

• 5 of 5 stars Food