“good food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Laguna Niguel, CA
“good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had not visited Syzygy since it moved to its new location. We wanted to have a light meal before the theatre and saw there bar menu which looked quite interesting Many restaurants in Aspen have bar menus now I presume for those who want something less expensive or something lighter before or after an event.

The restaurant is in the basement which is probably not the ideal location in the beautiful Aspen summer. We were the only diners there Everyone was very attentive and friendly Although downstairs, the ambiance was nice. I had the flat iron steak with peppercorn sauce and asparagus and French fries with tarragon. Excellent. ($25). My husband had lamb bolognaise which was not as good ($26) which was on the main menu also. We had a couple of glasses of wine.

We enjoyed it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
“Best food in aspen hands down!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

What a gem!! This place is top notch from the amazing service to the awesome food i can't say enough about this restaurant!! These chefs are really talented. I got the pleasure of meeting one of the chefs, his name was nick And i belive he was the sous Chef. What a nice man. I could tell they were busy but he took the time to recommend the tuna and scallops!! Wow!! My wife and i could not have had a Better time!! Thank you for the great atmosphere and unbelievable food. This place is a must when in Aspen!!!

• Visited March 2013
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Excellent bar food and menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was by myself, and so I ate at the bar rather than in the restaurant proper. In some places, eating at the bar gives you limited choices, but the full menu was available, and I had the elk meatloaf, which was simply one of the best "bar" dinners I have had in a long while. The service was what you'd expect at a good bar, yet the 'atmosphere' at the bar was muted, which suited me fine. Overall, a great experience for a meal that I had to eat by myself.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Largo, Florida
“The best meal we had in Aspen. Simply awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have been in Aspen for a week now and our concierge booked us in every "great " restaurant in town. But it wasn't until tonight, that we had a truly exceptional meal.

Syzygy has an unassuming exterior. Go down a flight of stairs and find a cool modern, but totally inviting interior with black textured walls and high private booths with white linen covered tables. The staff were just the right combination of attentiveness and knowledgeable, but the delicious food was the highlight of the evening.

Our starters, the foraged mushroom risotto and the lobster fennel chowder with blood orange gremolata and a rich flavorful broth, were to die for. Just when we thought they couldn't be topped, the Roasted Rocky Range Chicken arrived at the table. This chicken could be on the show, "The best thing I ever ate", because it was. With butternut, bacon, leg confit, cracklin, and chicken demiglaze to put it over the top. We were raving about the meal so much to the waiter, that Keith Theodore, the executive chef, came out to say hello.

The Beef Tenderloin with duck fat steak frites, asparagus, demiglace, and béarnaise sauce was expertly prepared.

Add the nice atmosphere with jazz playing in the background and this place is simply fantastic.

Do not miss this place!

• Visited March 2013
Highlands, New Jersey
“One of Aspen's finest dining experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We were a very large group but the wait staff were professional and efficient. I can't say enough about the awesome dining experience. The food was outstanding; we ordered the tuna, scallops, beef stroganoff and lobster. Everything was so good we shared. The only down side was the one long table for the group was not conducive to small group conversation. I strongly recommend you try this one.