“Other places in Aspen will be more expensive” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bakeries
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
“Other places in Aspen will be more expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We went there on September 29. It was Saturday around noon. Place was packed but me and my vegeterian friends did find a table. Service and food overall was great. I did ordered omelette ratatouille and really enjoyed it. My friends were also satisfied with the quality of the food. Waitress did a good job attending to needs of our toddler.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Highland Park, Tx
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Main Street Bakery & Cafe has great food, gracious service, and the location is close to Aspen Mountain and the town center of Aspen.

Visited September 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Choice for Breakfast or Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We came here for a simple brunch with pastries, yogurt and granola and coffee/tea. Its a quaint little cafe with a lovely patio perfect for relaxing in the sunshine and enjoying tea and pastries. The service was wonderful and the servers were very kind to my children.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado, United States
“The rudest service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I were coming back from our Labor Day Weekend trip and decided to go over Independence Pass to avoid traffic. We stopped at the Main Street Bakery and Cafe in Aspen to grab a coffee to-go. First, we were ignored. When the lady finally stopped to ask us what we needed, she directed us to the drip coffee station to fill up our cup by pointing her figure in the general direction. After my husband filled up his cup, he was maneuvering around the crowded tables to get up to the cash register when the woman came bolting out of the kitchen area and yelled, "You need to pay for that here!" Startled, we both walked over to the cash register to pay (as we planned on doing), but we are pretty sure she was insinuating that we were trying to steal a $2.00 cup of coffee that we had to get ourselves. She walked away and let another woman check us out...maybe she realized what she did was wrong and was embarrassed. Either way, she didn't apologize. I looked up at the wall and there was a sign that said, "Visitors Treated Same as Locals." I laughed to myself and thought, "If this is how locals are treated, I cannot believe this place is still in business." We will NEVER go back there.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Denver, CO
“Great choice for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were looking for a nice not-too-expensive lunch spot in Aspen that would have interesting vegetarian selections on the menu, and this was perfect. My husband (the vegetarian) had a Thai tofu wrap with peanut sauce and I (non-vegetarian) had a delicious curried chicken salad sandwich and carrot ginger soup. The sandwich was on fresh-made 9-grain bread. I decided to eat the chicken salad separately and then asked for jam to go with the bread, and was brought excellent raspberry jam and butter too. The next day I dropped by for a doughnut, and the woman at the counter said "Nice to see you again!" Interesting menu, excellent food, friendly people.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere