“a great Aspen breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, American, Cafe, Bistro, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch
Aspen, Colorado
“a great Aspen breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We have been to Pollycocks several times and found it to be an excellent way to start a day. It's small, normally bustling, and it's generally easy to find nearby parking before 10:00 AM. The staff is friendly and attentive, and we always run into friends and/or people we know during the meal. The coffee is very good, and my typical bacon-and-eggs is prepared as I request. This visit was "marred" (if that's the word) by the lady getting my over easy while I got her over hard but we swapped plates when her yokes ran and mine didn't, so no real harm done. We normally split a pancake - and they do an especially good job with those. They are thin and firm and very tasty. We like the place and will return.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Loma, CO
“Watch your wallet!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We chose Poppycocks after reading other reviews and found almost exactly what we expected; an average breakfast at an average price. I had the macadamia oatmeal pancakes and liked them. My husband's omlet was good enough. The restaurant was very busy but our wait was not long at all.

Having said that; watch out. I noticed an error on our bill when the owner brought it to me. When he passed by I flagged him down. Before I could comment or show him the bill he said, "Oh, did I charge you for too many coffees?" My husband and I just looked at each other. The guy new all along what scam he was trying to pull! Because we had read other reviews and were now irritated at this treatment we knew better than to use a credit card. My husband chose to pay in cash as the only tip this guy was going to get from us was to be more honest next time.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Wonderful Find in Pricey Aspen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We love Poppycocks and go there whenever we're in Aspen. The service is extraordinary from the greeter to the waiters to the cooks. The food is very good cafe food, well-prepared and fast to the table. The crowd is mixed with young musicians from the music school to locals to visitors like us. It's not dirt cheap (this IS Aspen) but it's reasonable and conveniently located. Highly recommended for those looking for an alternative to the five star restaurants in the area.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great local breakfast and lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Wonderful breakfast spot in Aspen. Fairly priced, served quickly and the food was very good.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Our expectations were a little high, based on the reviews. The menu was ok. Salsa on the avocado eggs was too tangy. Cili crepes were good if you like hormel chili in a can.

• 3 of 5 stars Food