“Most amazing ribs” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 155 Restaurants in Aspen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Scotland
“Most amazing ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We visited Hickory house a couple of times last year and it was the first place we headed for this year even after 23 hours of travelling. We visited 3 times this year in a 10 day period. You will not be disappointed with the restraint but I do advise you to book in advance to be sure you get a table. My favourite this year was the combo #1, half rack of ribs with smoked beef. 10/10

Visited February 2013

Reno, Nevada
“Typical Barbecue restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food and service was good. My wife and I shared a $20 meal for both of us consisting of ribs, salad and chicken which was plenty for us.

Visited February 2013
Northglenn, Colorado
“Ribs & Eggs? It Works!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place has to be one of the best values in Aspen as the breakfast plates are big and hearty. First time I've ever had ribs & eggs but it not only works but I'm craving it right now!

Visited January 2013
Bahamas
“The joint is jumping!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

we ate here for a quick bite our first night. The place is packed early with good natured jostling. I enjoyed a simple burger and salad. My wife had a huge margarita and spicy ribs, an unfortunate choice at the end of a long day of travel from sea level. She should have had a more temperate selection the first night and go for the gusto later. Later on we met up with friends for beers at the bar and I also enjoyed a great breakfast one morning. It’s a simple but good place – go and enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Best ribs so far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Amazing ribs, great value for money, and pleasantly casual for Aspen. After a day of skiing, my husband and I hopped on the RFTA bus to Rubey Park, Aspen and walked down Main Street to Hickory House (about 15 mins). We started with 8 buffalo wings (with BBQ sauce), which were delicious. Then we had "combo #2" - the half rack of baby-back ribs plus pork, but doubled-up on the ribs to make a full rack of baby-back ribs (one half rack has around 7 ribs) - it came with a little pot of slaw, a little pot of baked beans, "Texas toast" and fries. Super-tasty... possibly the best ribs we've had so far! (A close contender to Double Zs in Steamboat Springs...)

• Visited January 2013