“Nice atmosphere, ordinary food.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hyman Ave.
Description: this is a pretty new place.
Louisville< KY
“Nice atmosphere, ordinary food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I think an earlier review said it well, but I will add on that although our plates were cooked perfectly well, they lacked any real flavor. I had a filet that was the special that night. The plate looked terrific and the neat was perfectly cooked, just really bland. The rich red sauce also had no flavor and whatever vegetables were under it, were unidentifiable. The same could be said for my wife's chicken dish. On a positive note, my teenage son loved the bolognese and devoured it. We all, also, enjoyed the music selection and the atmosphere. That said, the table was crowded and uncomfortable. After a long day on the slopes. I really needed something other than a metal chair and a table that didn't provide anywhere for me to put my feet. I would cross this place off your list, there is a reason reservations are available a the last minute!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Aspen, Colorado
“Just ok, was expecting better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Menu says "fresh pasta" mouth says "not"!
Pizza was good though, service a bit slow on a slow night. Prix fixe prices nice as was selection. Restaurant owned by a couple that also runs 3-4 other eating establishments so we expected a better experience.
Sorbet for
Dessert was super! Fresh mango and cherry! Yum

Will wait for a while before returning to give them another chance.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aspen
“Best service ,very good Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Have to say we walked in to this place and we feel such a great atmosphere ,
We had the prosciutto board ,recommended from our server , she was a very fun and beautiful Argentinian girl ,who made our night being the best time in town,
We follow our meal with pork tenderloin and halibut dish. Everything delightful., ,u can't not leave the place without trying the most yummy banana cream pie.,recommended by our server as well.
We will definitely coming back next year and we hope to find our favorite Argentinian girl,

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aspen, Colorado
“Not that I had a bad experience, but it wasn't great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Though our Waiter was attentive and polite, he was also semi informal. His chosen lingo of " What's up?!" and "Hey Guys" (to name a few) would have been more appropriate, If we actually knew him or we were eating at a place not considered to be upscale dining. This may be a bit picky, but he could not stand still at the table. Whether he was balancing or shifting around and jittery, it made ordering a lively event. On a related service side note, at one point from the Kitchen we hear, "You better *%#@?! charge them for that!". It was late into our meal, and in their defense, it was late in the evening with not many couples left in the dining room, so a raised voice wasn't hard to hear. I know it wasn't meant toward us, however as i gave a quick look around the dining area, we as customers shared some awkward glances. To put it plainly, Nobody wants to hear that, at a restaurant. The menu is geared toward family. I was able to start with Scallops and end with Pizza. The presentation was fine, however the food and not just my personal selection, was heavily salted. It was disappointing. (Thank you for the Water refills, i must have seemed like a Camel.) With proper management, this place could be very good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Really enjoyed eating at Above the Salt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Good food. Great staff. Very accommodating. These folks are definitely customer focused. Recommended!

Visited September 2012