“Casual and Romantic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Creperie du Village

Creperie du Village
400 East Hopkins Avenue, Corner of 112 S. Mill Street (downstairs), Aspen, CO 81611
+1 970-925-1566
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 153 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: French, Fondue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Creperie du Village is the ultimate rare find: authentic European mountain food & design coupled with a lively bohemian atmosphere. Aspen's only fondue & raclette restaurant is like your favorite pair of jeans: the perfect fit for any occasion. The incredibly charming alpine mountain chalet ambiance provides the ideal intimate setting for a casual or business lunch, a romantic date, apres-ski, a private party, as well as late-night servings. Nestled in the heart of Aspen, the Creperie stimulates all of the senses. Captivating smells emanate from the inviting open kitchen. The big windows & cozy heated outside patio offer stunning Aspen Mountain views. A must visit when in Aspen.
San Francisco, California
“Casual and Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stopped in Aspen for a couple of nights, camping near the Maroon Bells, and were stunned at the lack of casual dining options (granted we did zero research and just rolled into town looking for a friendly atmosphere and reasonably priced decent food, and hopefully some wifi and a plug since we lost my car charger in the bottomless pit of the car), til we happened to stumble upon the Creperie du Village. It was cozy, the staff seemed to know the few customers that were lingering in the late lunch hour we were there- chatting away in French and English, and the menu options were superb. They told us we could stay as long as we needed to. My husband and I shared a tasty pea soup and an apple/fig/gorgonzola crepe. We were perfectly full, my phone was charged, and we had an idea of where we were headed next on our wild road trip. It was nice to find such a cool ambiance and excellent menu coupled with warmth and friendliness- not an easy thing to find in Aspen, which is full of over-priced, over-crowded, often snooty restaurants.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Loveland, Colorado
“A fine choice for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stumbled on the Creperie du Village when looking for lunch in Aspen. Most other places were crowded and it was not. Crepes are the speciality here (hence the name), and my wife had a turkey, bacon, spinach, and carmelized onion one. It was more than she could eat and she liked it a lot (warning: her glass of wine cost more than the crepe). I had a croque monsieur, which was very nice. The service was efficient and helpful. This place is a bit pricy, but you are in Aspen and you expect to pay more.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A delicious taste of France in Aspen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Delicious crepes and salads, great service, adorable decor! I had a cheese and veggie crepe, my husband had the salad special of the day which was mozzarella and tomatoes and we topped it off with a banana and Nutella dessert crepe. All our items were really tasty!

Salida, Colorado, United States
“An Authentic Touch of France in Aspen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The ambience is hip, relaxed and jovial reminiscent of French countryside roadside inns I've been to in Lyons and Reims.
The Creperie du Village is a wonderful choice for single diners - there's a small bar that overlooks the open kitchen with dark intimate two-tops for couples as well as a large table in the middle of the room that a small group was very much enjoying. Eating alone was a HUGE challenge as there were many items I saw being made in the kitchen that made it impossible to narrow down to just one. When I go back, I will for sure get the escargot and if winter, the much reviewed and lauded French onion soup. I ordered a plain pastis, they have flavors that can be added as well like almond, chestnut and others but didn't want to add a sweetener so stuck with original. For my main course I ordered a special fig, apple, goat cheese, walnut crepe that was perfect for a summer's night and light appetite. The kitchen tried valiantly to tempt with with desert which I would have loved to indulge in with a forkful among a group but solo, and full from the crepe, I passed. The international staff is knowledgable, patient and super friendly without being in your face.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

After a long walk on the cold streets of Aspen we decided to stop for lunch. This was is as cozy as any restaurant can get! Their French onion soup was amazing! and the meat fondue we had was very good too. Prices are reasonable, considering you are in Aspen, and the service was prompt and friendly. I would have liked to try the crepes they have for dessert but the meal was so good that we didn't have any space left for it. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited January 2014