“Cool lodge in Aspen” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain House Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aspen
Mountain House Lodge
You added Mountain House Lodge to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   905 E Hopkins Ave, Aspen, CO 81611   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Aspen B&B and Inns
Benton, Wisconsin
“Cool lodge in Aspen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights with my girlfriend. This is one of the cheaper places to stay in Aspen. Don't confuse cheap as being a negative thing. This lodge was a nice place to stay, had comfortable beds, decent sized rooms. Our room had a vaulted ceiling (not sure if every room is like that), but I thought that was a cool touch. I also think every room has a balcony which was nice. The hot tub was great, as was the little den area downstairs with a pool table, leather couch, big flat screen tv, etc. Breakfast was included. My only complaints about the lodge is that it doesn't have AC and the tv in our room was the old tube style tv. Neither of these were too big of an issue. It got fairly cool at night and there is a floor fan in the room. The tv was fine, we didn't go to Aspen to watch tv all day haha.

I must add, the lady working the front desk, I believe her name was Linda? She was fantastic!! When we checked in she gave us ideas of things to do, told us about hotspots, and gave us a map and drew directions to various places! She is my only REAL complaint. I obviously don't know what she is being paid, but it is not enough. She went above and beyond what is expected/required for her job. I have never had anyone, especially at a hotel, give that kind of service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Aspen_Hotels, Front Desk Manager at Mountain House Lodge, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Hello Josh S.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our "Cool lodge." We do try to offer one of the best values in Aspen, and it sounds like you agree. Since your stay we have also upgraded all of our TV's to new, flat panel displays. Thank you for your kind words towards Linda! Our staff does their best to provide exceptional, personalized service, and I'll make sure to pass on to her your gratitude. Stop by and see us again on your next trip to Aspen!

Best,

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Mountain Lodge was a last minute find when attending Winterskol. It has a great location with free parking and is in walking distance to everywhere in Aspen. I am used to staying at very high end locations in Aspen but you can't beat the price of this place for some very basic but comfortable accommodations. It is in a residential area of Aspen but not 5 minutes from the gondola. The staff is knowledgeable and nice. The lodge provides free WIFI, breakfast buffet which included eggs, make yourself waffles, bagels, English muffins, oatmeal, juice, fruit & coffee. Will definitely save my money and stay here again and spend my $ on skiing and restaurants! Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hello vmconvdc1195,

Thank you for the great review! The Winterskol celebration is always a fun event and we're glad that you found us last minute. We appreciate the feedback regarding our "unbeatable price" for Aspen lodging. We continue to offer considerable value with an included breakfast, WIFI, parking, and Aspen Airport shuttle service. We hope you'll consider us again on a future trip to Aspen!

Greenwood Village, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I don't know why the Mountain House has cheap, yes--cheap, summer accommodation 2 blocks from downtown Aspen, but it does. I was suspect, and was most pleasantly surprised by excellent service, top level accommodation with Ajax views from my balcony, a most perfect big soft bed, and an excellent continental breakfast. Get there before this disappears.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Aspen_Hotels, Front Desk Manager at Mountain House Lodge, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Hello Albert A,

Thank you so much for staying with us this summer and for for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I appreciate your kind words regarding our excellent staff and convenient location. We continue to offer a great value in an opportune setting on the edge of downtown. Please visit us again in the future!

TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed here one night in late May, in order to visit Maroon Bells park, which is 15 mins away. Great location, walking distance to everywhere in Aspen. Free Parking!

Compared to some of the fancy hotels in Aspen, this one had great reviews and you can't beat the price. The staff was polite and nice, and they gave great pointers on where to grab a quick bite, or a beer. It's off season, so a lot of the restaurants were closed or had short hours.

The room was standard. Nothing fancy. However, this is not a typical B&B where you have a homey room, and a great breakfast. The breakfast here is more continental.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I came down for a week for a business trip and I fell in love with this place. Great customer service. Thanks Mike for everything and letting me know we're a lot of the cool places were around town. The rooms very comfortable and clean. This place feels like home away from home. Thanks guys keep up the great work. I definitely know where I'm going to stay next time I go to Aspen.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Aspen_Hotels, Front Desk Manager at Mountain House Lodge, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Hello Mike D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and write such a kind review! The Mountain House staff is always happy to provide our guests with the "local's lowdown" on all of the Aspen's hidden gems. We are honored to serve as a home away from home on your future trips!

New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Having just spent one night here off season I can see how this place must be packed during season. Linda at front desk was very nice and explained Aspen very well to a first timer. A great deal for what you pay

• Stayed May 2014
Hello BROADMOORGUY,

Thank you for your kind review and your patronage. We strive to offer excellent service and a "great deal" including additional amenities at an affordable price. We hope to see you again in the future!

Best,

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Linda, Pat, Skye and Mike make this more like a visit to a family home than a hotel. Part B&B part hotel its comfortable and reasonable $. I've been here 9 days and feel at home and well taken care of

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello Jimmad02,

We appreciate your review, as we strive to continue offering our guests exceptional service and value. I'll pass on your kind words to our incredible staff that we have in place. Thank you for your patronage over the years and we will be honored to accommodate you on future visits!