“Nice Italian Place in Aspen, Colorado” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice Italian Place in Aspen, Colorado”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Lucio an Italian maitre originally from Harry's Bar in Venice, Italy runs the place. You feel like in Italy not only because of the ambiance but mainly because of the excellent Mediterranean food.
I was surprised when I saw there Lucio that I know since many years. The restaurant is very well decorated and organized. Service is gently and present. Prices are high but I believe it is not that easy to have high quality products in Aspen, Colorado so far from anywhere. If you are in Aspen I recommend at least a dinner at Casa Tua.

Sao Paulo, SP
“The Best of Aspen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This year in our opinion, Casa Tua certainly has grown to become what we consider one of the best restaurants of Aspen, if not the best. Maybe the other top restaurants have become somewhat more relaxed this year in terms of menu creativity and service, but Casa Tua definitely has grown compared to previous years. The service is very attentive, the wine recommendations from the sommelier are exceptional (certainly in terms of price versus quality, where most other locations mainly try to sell the more expensive bottles), But the real treat is about the food - very autentic northern italian cuisine. Clean and precise cooking,with the kind of taste you are looking for when in the mountains. Generous portions of black truffle, delivered by plane straight from Piedmont. This has become our top attraction of Aspen.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Dined at Casa Tua several times on our Aspen trip last year so was looking forward to experiencing it again. It was just as good as I remember. Amazing food, great services and the ambiance can't be beat. Definitely a must do on your trip to Aspen!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Even great food doesn't make up for being scammed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

After a wonderful week in Aspen we thought we'd end it with a bang. I've been to the Miami location and wanted to bring my two business associates to a restaurant that would end the week on a high note. I hoped Casa Tua would achieve that.

It all started well and in all fairness the food was quite delicious. Upon requesting our bill everything went downhill fast. When the bill came, we were shocked to see many things listed that we did not order. Almost $200.00 worth of extras! We called the waiter back and was given some nonsense explanation that the previous party's bill got combined with ours. I'm not sure how this happens in a computerized system but I was very embarrassed by this as I recommended the restaurant and my associates were quite perturbed by this.

Eventually the bill was 'fixed' but upon reviewed the now 'correct' bill I saw that we were charged $40.00 for black truffle shavings on my risotto main. I asked if this was another error and was told it was not. That add-on made my risotto almost an $80.00 main course. This is nothing short of absurd, especially when there were a number of other mains on the menu with that same ingredient for almost half that amount. Had I been aware of this ridiculously expensive add-on I never would have ordered it because it ended up that the shavings were more expensive than the meal itself! What's more, when I ordered the meal the server went on to say that black truffle is much cheaper than white truffle so this would make the meal much less expensive. The suggestion was clear, the add-on would be reasonable.

I eat at high-end restaurants all the time and have spent much more money than what was spent on this meal. But when dining at restaurants like this there is an expectation of service excellence along side the food excellence. Not only were we grossly over charged for a garnish, but had we not checked we would have paid for our meal and the meal of another party who had already paid themselves. In the business world this is commonly referred to as a scam.

Upon leaving I was asked by one of the managers (I believe he was also the sommelier) how our meal was. I explained what happened but nothing was done to correct the matter. In retrospect I shouldn't have been the one to be embarrassed by what had happened, rather the restaurant should be. We left feeling ripped off, spoiling a delicious meal. Needless to say I cannot recommend Casa Tua, because no matter how good the food may be, one should never leave feeling as we did. It totally ruined the experience. What a shame, however it may be more appropriate that I should instead I say shame on Casa Tua.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food but preppy place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at this place one evening. Even though the food was delicious indeed, the restaurant is definetelly designed for the very weathy. The prices are actually reasonable, however the treatment is very different upon the host's impression on how much money you have. We are very used to high class places and we did not feel confortable here. Our impression is that it was very discriminatory and they tacked on a 20% tip on our check for no reason.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere