“Love Tiehack and the new chair” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 89 things to do in Aspen
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding, Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: Buttermilk is one of the best places in Aspen to learn to ski, brush up on your skills or just relax and take in the stunning scenery.
London, UK
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Love Tiehack and the new chair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Buttermilk is always fun, newly opened area last year is great, particularly in powder, but we also love the other runs for gently skiing

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Perfect for first time skier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

After 3 days of beginner lessons at Snowmass' Elk Camp, I wanted to try skiing on my own. Chose Buttermilk because the green runs at SM seemed too advanced. Although intermediate/advanced skiers will prefer SM, Buttermilk was perfect for my needs. Skied green runs in the West Buttermilk area -- Homestead, Larkspur, Westward Ho -- between West Summit and Midway Loading Station. Buttermilk was laid back and uncrowded. The parking lot is right next to the chairlift. Front desk staff was very helpful recommending the best runs for beginners. Runs are well-marked. Pleasant lunch at the top of the mountain at cafeteria-style Clliffhouse.

Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Buttermilk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Good Signage on Ski Slop easy to navigate
Ski Teachers first class
beautiful dinner experience at the top or base of the mountain

Boca Raton, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Private Mountain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I visited Buttermilk on New Years Day with friends. We had a beginner in our group and figured we'd start off at Buttermilk. Perhaps it was the combination of the location of Buttermilk (far from DEN) or the day we chose, but we had the entire mountain to ourselves. We never waited in a lift line, and the snow was great. Could not have asked for a better day. The views are incredible and the runs are perfect for beginners or intermediates.

Tampa, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Want to Return-"Relax, It's Buttermilk"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was not sure what Buttermilk was all about, but once I went there I fell in love with the beauty of the mountain. Our family consists of a range of skiers/snowboarders (ages 17-54). There is something for everyone at Buttermilk. The wide scenic runs are breath taking and you can sometimes have a run to yourself-not crowded! They allow you to take a lift down to the bottom too! I recommend this mountain over the other three. I cannot say enough about it! I will return!

Visited December 2012