“What a hoot! This was an all-around great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 4 Food & Drink in Aspen
More attraction details
Owner description: Participants are guided on a walking tour around Aspen, while having the opportunity to visit and taste some of Aspen’s outstanding food. We will visit 7 restaurants and shops. Tastings will include: Artisan Cheeses, five star Desserts, Aspen Crud, Local Brews, etc.
Pecatonica, Illinois
125 attraction reviews
“What a hoot! This was an all-around great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

My husband and I had heard great things (via tripadvisor) about the Foodie Food Tour, and decided to sign up and let that be our introduction to Aspen and some of the restaurants.
We were delighted to discuss Aspen, skiing, and restaurants with Marni, our guide. She was very knowledgeable and made this a fun experience for all six participants in the tour.
We had seven stops, each with wonderful food or drinks. We were treated to conversations with the chef, bakers, and beer makers, all of whom were passionate about their job. Because other people on the tour lived in the area, we were able to ask questions, have a discussion, and find out a great deal about living (and playing) in Aspen. We were also pleased that we got to sample the cuisine from Hotel Jerome and even got to make the famous smores from the St. Regis.
Marni even gave us a call the day before to make sure we knew the time and where to meet. She met us with a smile and bottled water. We did some walking, but not enough to discourage anyone from taking this tour. We spent a week in Colorado, and would consider this one of the highlights. It's a brilliant idea and Marni is very very good at what she does. I'd highly recommend it.

Aspen, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Way more than I expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I really enjoyed this tour! Marni, the guide, was very informative and really added value to the experience. I expected to go around to various local eateries, but didn't expect the very educational experience it turned into. The shop owners were all very welcoming and many spent a lot of time talking to our group. We had lots of food!

Snowmass Village
“So fun & yummy, I wish it never ended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

I went on an off-season tour, with 3 less restaurants to visit, and it was still amazing! Our tour guide was incredibly knowledgeable on all things Aspen, including history, things to do, and especially the most amazing places to eat. All the vendors were genuinely passionate about their culinary creations and they were great supporters of Colorado farmers and local producers. I would go back to each restaurant in a heartbeat- I can't even decide on my favorite. Our group was from all over the state and we had so much fun together.

Carbondale, Colorado
“Fantastic way to see a town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

This was a very unique and fun way to see Aspen! I am a local that lives here and it introduced me to some unique and fantastic eateries in the town that I woudn't have tried on my own. Our tour guide was very knowledgable about the history of Aspen and the establishments that we sampled. This tour was something so different and fun that I want to share it with anyone from out of town who comes to visit us .

San Francisco, CA
“Interesting and fun activity in Aspen.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

Marni, the owner of Foodie Food Tours, is delightful and knowledgeable. The tour goes on for about 3 hours and Marni takes you to different types of places, not just restaurants. On our tour we went to an all organic bakery, a brewery, a couple of hotel bars and some restaurants. By the end of the tour, you will not be hungry anymore and will even have some food to take home. The food is delicious and varied. Marni knows a lot about her city and the owners of the different establishments are willing to chat with you and share their experience. Overall it's a fun atmosphere, you get to meet cool people and walk around the beautiful city of Aspen.