“Really good budget accomodation in Aspen” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$82 (USD)
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Melbourne, Australia
“Really good budget accomodation in Aspen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Given that Aspen is so expensive, St Moritz was a really nice find. Well priced, great location - just a two minute walk to the center of aspen without being too noisy and intense. It really had everything you needed and a great little pool. The free drinks in the mornign and evening were a really nice touch. We also had the best continental breakfast on our trip at the St Moritz - but be sure to get in early. We didn't stay long but would happily stay again and definately recommend it to friends heading to the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've stayed in some gorgeous & expensive hotels throughout the United States, but this one tops them all.
Yes, the staff made it 5 stars, yes the owner has thought of everything to make this a great place to stay, and yes, it's in the prettiest town on earth.
Super clean, well run, absolutely adorable with all the flowers everywhere, a 92 degree pool, snacks, beverages, happy hour.. he's thought of everything!
A bunch of great employees make the visit awesome.
I had a shared room, all to myself, along with a refrigerator in the room, and the bathroom down the hall. Sucked that there were dirty women using the bathhroom with no thought or consideration to the others...... But that's part of hostelling.. A few dirty women..

Situated away from all the noise and stores, just a walk to the main part of town...
Plenty of free parking and a kitchen downstairs with a TV. No stove or fridge in the kitchen..
I had to use the grill for all my cooking, but it was fine... plenty of gas.

I would highly recommend this place for the fact that it's afforable in a ritzy ski resort, and everyone is friendly... Clean, well situated, everything you need without the $300/night cost.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were in Aspen for only one night and booked here because the price was right. We were in the dorm floor and the bathroom was shared but the room and bathrooms were clean (although no screen in the window) and the breakfast offerings were generous. Throughout the day there are snacks and wine in the afternoon. The location is a couple of blocks north of the city center but everything is walkable. We walked into town for dinner and then out to the Aspen Music Festival.
The staff were very helpful in terms of recommendations for meals and directions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Initially we booked St Moritz because of the price and location. All we wanted was a place to crash.
And it ended up being the center of our holiday. The lodge had everything we needed, free wi-fi, laudary room, great breakfast, free biscuits rum wine and coffee every afternoon. And popocorn, don't forget the popcorn.
But, as I always say, when one enjoys a holiday, it's not the place, scenery and such, which makes it special, it's always the people. And St Moritz has the greatest team we have ever met.
If you go through my reviews you'll se we stayed at 3, 4 and 5 star hotels. We have never received such considerate and friendly service. It actually was more than service, we made friends. Next year I'm booked for the whole month of February. Exactly the same room we had this year.
One more thing.
This is the first hotel I have decided to stay at twice. And the first ski resort I plant to visit twice (I've been to Queenstown twice because of conveninece, rather than a burning desire).

Room Tip: All rooms within each price range is great, as per the website.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My experience may have been average because I came alone and took advantage of the shared room situation and I couldn't tell whether my room or my random roommate was smelly. Either way, I had to purchase a scented candle to get by. The best thing about this place is definitely the staff--they are super friendly and informative. One young lady in particular gave me great recommendations for a concert and a spa which I acted on and had an amazing time despite the dismal snowfall last season. Ultimately, if you come to St. Moritz Lodge you have to expect to stay in a older building with minimal renovations (due to the original owners convictions) that has "character." There is no elevator (brutal for carrying heavy ski bags) or high end amenities, just the basics. The management does a good job of adding special touches like breakfast in the morning coffee/cocoa/tea & cookies in the afternoons, and happy hour drinks in the evenings. Parking is really easy and convenient. Walking to the center of town can be a challenge if the roads/side walks are really icy, but its not impossible. Overall, I am satisfied with my stay @ St. Moritz, but given what I paid for a shared room/bathroom (hostel-like situation) I did have a little higher expectations. If I'm just looking for a (relatively) cheap safe/clean place to bunk, I'll def return to St. Moritz, but I won't be disappointed if I can afford to never have to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
stmo, Manager at St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
A thank you for all the compliments. The shared hostels are an inexpensive way to enjoy Aspen, however when you have a room mate there may be times that things are not ideal. If there is a situation that a person has a problem with a room mate we usually can move them into another hostel room or sometimes we just upgrade them into a private hostel to make sure they are comfortable during their stay. We also have standard lodge rooms, but they are at a higher nightly rate.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

With all of the expensive choices in Aspen, we relied on Trip Advisor and chose the St. Moritz Lodge. It was an excellent choice. The price is great. We got a 2-bed room that opened onto the courtyard and pool. The pillows were a bit flat, but the beds perfectly comfy. There is no air conditioning, but we were able to keep things cool enough in 80F weather. I loved the complimentary wine, lemonade and cookies in the afternoon. The staff was friendly in directing us the quick way to the downtown area (only a few quiet blocks walk) and where and how to get a cheaper meal (Mondays at Jimmy's or ask for the bar menu.)
The other lodge residents were often lounging around the pool/lawn or in the common room. It felt very relaxed and comfortable. We enjoyed the HD TV in the room to watch the Tour de France in July after a day of touring. The property was nice and quiet -- people were conversing, etc. around the pool but were observant of the quiet time of 10 pm. I would definitely stay there again on any trip to Aspen.

Stayed July 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

It is a modest Lodge but it is in a great location 1 block from the shuttle to the amazing ski slopes.. of aspen, they have a very nice ambiance and they organize apre' ski drinks at the heated pool, the staff is very friendly, the breakfast is very simple ..but is included.
I will be back in January!!!

Room Tip: choose the lodge building = large rooms with a kitchen and a living room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums? Share your experiences!