“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2007

Just back from our 2 nights at the St. Regis. The hotel was beautiful and service was outstanding. We had booked through their website for a deluxe king bed room with fireplace. Upon arrival, we were given a room without a fireplace; however, the front desk immediately changed it for us when we pointed out our guarantee e-mail with the room description. We stayed in Room 153. While it was no fault of the hotel, I would warn people against staying in this wing. There is construction directly across the street and the noise was distracting. Aspen is just growing. We had dinner in the Olives restaurant. The food was excellent and we were spoiled by it since our second night dining experience at Campo de Fiore was not as good. Would definetly recommend the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Decor, service and quality
  • Disliked — Construction across the street
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

I made the reservation at the hotel for our anniversary weekend because of an advertised "spring special". We love Aspen but have never been able to afford the rates in or out of season. I figured this would be a great splurge! In general, it was. The staff was fabulous but there were several little niggling things that keep me from rating our stay as 'excellent'. Although the room rate was discounted, there are additional charges that we were not made aware of at the time of booking: $28 per night parking fee and 14.95 per day for wi-fi access. A hotel of this caliber charging for services like this (particularly charging so much!) feels rather unseemly. Turn down service mid-afternoon also seems odd as does the fact that the mini-bar/fridge automatically rings a charge when the door is opened. Olives, the hotel restaurant, was only average. Wine list, though, excellent! I've rated this above average for the following reasons: staff response to regular and unusual requests (walked and picked up dog's poop at 6:00am! when we were on a hot air balloon trip), bottle of complimentary champagne for our anniversary, great room and linens, hot tubs, dog treats by the dozens, cleanliness, and spa--fantabulous!!

• Liked — Location, room, linens, dog-friendly and staff
  • Disliked — Overcharging for wi-fi/parking, marginal food at restaurant
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

Came out to Aspen last week for a spring skiing family vacation. My first time staying at a St Regis.

I was very impressed with this hotel. They picked me up at the Aspen airport and drove me to the hotel for free. I was randomly upraded to the Concierge floor, which had food available all day and an open bar (beer, wine, champagne, and mixed drinks) available each night between 5-10pm. After I checked in and arrived on the Concierge floor, an attendant met my elevator with a glass of champagne.

The room was beautiful. Beautiful lodge-style interior with dark colors and rich furniture. Huge marble bathroom with dual sinks, Bose wave radio, and flat screen LCD television. Free wireless interne, free bottled water placed at bedside each night, and free jar of dark chocolate squares all made the experience special. Maid did a good job and turn-down service was a nice touch.

Hotel location is excellent. A block from the bus stop where busses take you to snowmass and the other mountains. A little bit of a walk to Ajax however.

Free Ski concierge is provided by the Aspen Sports store accross the street. That was great. I didnt use the spa, but my mom did and said she enjoyed it.

Only thing I'd say the hotel should improve is the restaurant. Was not impressed with Olives. Not terrible, but not special. Recomend a replacement. Olives in NYC (at the W Union Square) was much cooler, this one was far more tame, and the food was only decent. Also, they struggled to get my sisters checked in on time (said rooms werent ready). Finally by 5 everyone got to their room, and they were given free desert by way of room service.

Staff was very friendly, location is great, and quality level very high. I will definately come back and look forward to staying at St Regis properties again.

Stayed March 2007
lajolla
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

We paid $710.00 for a room with a fireplace and an unobstructed view of the street and hotel entrance. The room had a fireplace but was so small we were afraid to turn it on (gas logs.) The staff is nice and responsive. The room was ready at 5:00pm , not quite like the 3:00 pm check-in they advertise.There is a reason the Little Nell always fills up first.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room location
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2007

While I do not doubt that anyone else's experience is exactly what they've said it is, we happened to have an extraordinarily wonderful vacation at the St. Regis. We booked a fifth floor corner suite and the room was beautiful and very comfortable. Housekeeping was consistently available to clean our room whenever we requested it, and they did a very good job.

The public areas are warm, rich and inviting. It is so much fun to hang around in the lobby "living room" near the fire and meet new people or have a fabulous assortment of cocktails or drinks or even a light meal. Often at night, they'll have jazz musicians playing, adding to the ambience. Trading ski stories is always fun, or just getting to know people from places you've never been to is interesting.

The thing that really stood out for us was the service. (Go figure, huh?). The concierge took care of every detail regarding restaurant and spa bookings or any excursion you may want to plan. We suggest that you call them ahead of your stay though, to get reservations in certain restaurants. The hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Their Lexus transportation will take you any where you want in town for free. Of course, they take tips! But they will go to any length to help you. One day, I forgot my sunglasses in the room and the sun came out glaringly. We called the transport services and they went all the way up into our room to get my sunglasses and brought them to our restaurant! Unbelieveable. That's service!

The only "just okay" part of the hotel was their food. We thought that at times, it was good but not great. The room service menu is limited. There are so many wonderful restaurants in town, that you'll want to venture out and experience them. The ones we highly recommend: Cache Cache, Montagne at The Little Nell and Pinons, (pronounced pin-yuns).

We had two spa days during our stay. Both were fantastic. My therapist was Karen and I can't recommend her highly enough. Plus, the waiting room was by far the best one we've experienced. They have hot teas and water, of course. Then they have platters of fresh fruit, cookies, chocolates and nuts to munch on before and after your treatment(s). If that's not enough, then relax with a glass of champagne.

We have very high expectations when we travel and this hotel met and exceeded them. I am sorry for those who did not have this experience but I guess every place has a miss some times. Ours was definitely a big hit!

• Liked — The service, the location and the rooms
  • Disliked — The room service menu
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2007

I stayed at the St Regis for a week in January, and was surprised by the very mediocre service. My room was not ready when I arrived at 3:30pm, nor was it ready by the "guarenteed check-in time" of 4pm. When I did finally get a key to my room, I requested that my bags be brought up. Still watiing for them two hours later, in frustration, I went down to the lobby and gathered them up myself. I called housekeeping one day around 9:30am to request that my room be made up before noon since I had to do a teleconference (and preferred a clean room and no interruptions), but no one showed up to clean my room until 3pm. The last straw was that I gave the front desk a letter to put in the outgoing mail (it was all ready to go, with an appropriate postage stamp and everything) and a week and a half later it has not been received by the recipient! This is INEXCUSABLE! I cannot believe they call themselves a 5 star hotel!

• Liked — The city is great
  • Disliked — Poor service
  • Stayed January 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Zephyr Cove, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2007

All things considered, the St. Regis Resort in Aspen was probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Everyone we encountered who worked there bent over backwards to make our three night stay a most memorable experience. We were so disappointed that we could only stay 3 nights as they were fully committed on our fourth night in Aspen because of the Winter X Games. I'm hesitant to disclose how we got such a spectacular rate because I'm afraid we'll never get it again! I can't believe that the discount travel search site we used only rated it four and a half stars, this is a five star hotel and I look forward to our next stay.

• Liked — Room quality
  • Disliked — hot water in shower was a little tempermental
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)