“Very bad Staff, attention, service” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“Very bad Staff, attention, service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. It has been recently renovated, and the architecture is stunning.
For me, details make the difference. Even though the place was divine, I noticed most of the staff of people working there are from South America, and don't speak very good english. They don't always understand what you want. Au contraire, the Little Nell has very well trained staff for the quality guests expect when staying in a 5 star hotel. They take care of details and making guests feel very happy.
In my stay at the St Regis, there were several things that were truly horrible, like one day we had dinner at the Italian Crescento Restaurant, and it was disgusting, I had a pasta and meatballs, which were cold in the inside and the pasta was overly cooked.
Another day, I got back from skiing like at 5pm to find my room freezing cold because the housekeeper decided to open the windows completely and they didn't even apologize, send a letter or whatever for that.
The concierge did not recommend great places, and their service was regular.
My husband and I were excites about the Spa, but since we were not satisfied with almost anything, we decided not to spend any more money in the St Regis and do everything else outside.
2 days before leaving, we spoke with the hotel manager, and gave him some feedback on our experience. He never did anything to make up for their flaws. We expected a (please try out our spa, we know you'll change your mind about us, or 2 martinis at our room, or whatever)
We were celebrating an anniversary and before our arrival, I was told I could choose a gift from them like a cheese plate, champagne, chocolates, etc...and I told them the Cheeses or champagne would be very nice. We never got our little present.
Our room was not cleaned very well, we noticed there was some trash down the bed and day by day it was still there.
One day at 7pm, the room was still undone.
However, they have an independent restaurant in the hotel named Chefs Club. That one is spectacular and desherbes Michelin Stars!
Next time for New Years we are looking forward to our stay at Little Nells. They keep your ski boots warm and clean them up, they have a private car that takes you to any mountain (even snowmass skiing), and a lot of little details that make an experience unforgettable and warming, but we will definately go visit the Chefs Club, since in our opinión its The Best in Aspen.

Room Tip: Some friends stayed at the St Regis Residences, and those were better (from their experience)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We appreciate you spending your Aspen vacation with us at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated all of the touches of our newly renovated resort during your stay. I am sorry to hear, however, that our recently opened Italian restaurant did not meet your expectations for dining at the resort. I am also dismayed to hear of your experiences with our turndown service and concierge team and would like to offer my apologies for the fact that you were not properly recognized upon arrival for your anniversary. This certainly does not meet our standards, nor your expectations, and for that I apologize.

We take your feedback very seriously and I will review each of your notes with our staff to make sure we address your concerns on both service and offerings at the Resort. Please reach out to me directly at info@stregisaspen.com if there is anything that I may do to further assist with these matters.

H.Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

i just recently spent 4 days at the St. Regis, and the service was top notch. Every aspect of the stay was smothered in great service. The location is only second to that of Little Nell, but what is a couple small blocks. Great service does have a price. Our stay worked out to be around $750.00/night. And we eat dinner off premises most nights. So if you can stomach the price, the St. Regis ensures you will have no problems with your stay. The only thing to complain about if any was that we stayed in a room that had a door to adjoin to another room( rm. 323). So we could hear a lot of noise from the other room. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: don't room 323 unless you have the room next to it as well.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your observations regarding your stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. While it sounds as though you had a pleasant stay for the most part, I would like to express regret for the difficulties you experienced with regards to noise from nearby guestrooms. I am sorry that you were not provided the relaxing stay that you deserved.

I do hope that the next time you travel to Aspen that you will consider staying with us once again. You have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay in the future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

A great hotel to stay at, the hotel has everything you need. The room was fantastic and had everything.During the evenings at the hotel lobby were a highlight thanks to great food and drinks and our friendly Balinese waiter Pande. Definitely recommended

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post comments about your recent stay with us at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It means so much to us to hear that our guests had an enjoyable time staying with us during their travels. I am also pleased to hear that you received uncompromising service from Pande in our Shadow Mountain Lounge.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Aspen in the future!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is my second consecutive year staying at the St. Regis Aspen during ski season. I was thrilled with it last year, but even more pleased by improvements made this year. The Ralph Lauren furnished rooms continue to be maintained well as do the public areas. The staff is on-point with just about everything. This year, they have better equipped the fitness center with a full array of machines and free weights. Either the cardio machines are new or have been updated - state-of-the-art Precor machines with intuitive user interfaces. They have also recast what used to be an Olives restaurant into an Italian-themed trattoria, where breakfast is served. While the breakfast was not Italian, we were very pleased with the quality and selection of food, along with the service. I would have gladly stayed another week!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments about your recent vacation at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It is always wonderful to hear from retrun guests. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself during your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear you appreciated the touches of our recent renovation, including the newly updated fitness center, and that you received uncompromising service from so many members of our staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My pre arrival experience was so awesome , reservation consultant , Libby Weiner, was so helpful and accommodating !! I know tr st Regis is great bc I used to live in aspen, but now I am even more looking forward to vacation , because of the stellar customer service I've experienced this far.

• Stayed January 2014
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would like to thank you for posting such heartwarming comments regarding your prearrival experience with our Reservations team. I am overjoyed by your kind recommendation of Libby! We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Aspen and to The St. Regis Aspen Resort.

Kind regards,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a company trip a while back. The staff was very nice and down to earth. The hotel shuttled folks around in Lexus SUVs with nigh vision so you felt very safe going up the mountains. My favorite part of this hotel was the outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi - nothing like swimming outside in 25 degree weather with a mountain backdrop! The spa was very clean and the massage was incredible. I also learned how to snowboard here on snowmass they arranged a great instructor.

If I do return to Aspen; i would likely stay here. Hope to write an update to this review one day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We are so pleased you were able to stay with us on your recent vacation and take advantage of all that Aspen and The St. Regis have to offer, including our beautiful spa, concierge services and valet shuttles.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again in the near future. It was a privilege having you as our guest.

San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have been living in hotels across the country for the last 12 months as part of a 18 month work road trip. We stayed at the St. Regis for a total of 24 nights from December 13th to January 6th.

Overall, it is a very nice hotel. Very high end and new decor in common areas and rooms, comfortable beds, an excellent fitness center, incredibly friendly staff, well appointed and decorated rooms with many creature comforts (e.g., heated bathroom floors). The location is about as good as it gets in Aspen as there really aren't any true ski in/out hotels. The hotel is within walking distance to dozens of shops, so many great restaurants, two short blocks to the Ajax mountain gondola or one block to Ruby Park bus station which offers free and frequent rides to Snowmass, Buttermilk and Highland ski areas.

As a result of a booking issue (explained below) we experienced two very different room types at the hotel during our stay. The suites very comfortable and very well appointed (e.g., very comfortable over sized couches, comfortable lounging chairs in living room and bedroom, large televisions in living room and bedroom, gas fireplace, great shower, etc.). The suites are incredibly spacious as feature ample vanity space, closet space and large dresser drawers. The standard rooms are also well appointed and comfortable, but seem smaller than standard rooms in comparable hotels. Minor complaints include the sliding bathroom doors which don't offer much privacy or sound proofing and a very small desk.

Be prepared to pay premium prices for internet, room service and parking just as you would at only 5 star hotel in a ski town. The fitness center is very well equipped, new and clean, but there is an inexplicable large fee to use the locker room. However, you will receive kind, polite and prompt service from everyone from the front drive, front desk, bar and restaurants.

The hotel provides many nice touches including hot chocolate and other refreshments near the lobby, smores at the outdoor fire pit and many festive touches during the holidays including a huge ginger bread hotel, lots of holiday decor and we even saw Santa visiting with kids in the library just before Christmas.

Please note. We initially booked our reservation on Expedia. Shortly thereafter we were contacted by the hotel and informed by the hotel that our room type wasn't available throughout our stay. As a result, we would have to switch rooms five times (to the same room type) between December 23rd and January 1st. We were given two options by a friendly hotel representative. The hotel would agree to cancel the reservation due to the inconvenience or they would discount our rate, upgrade us to a suite for the first ten days and last six days of the our. We opted to stay assuming they would figure out a way to accommodate us without so many moves. Ultimately, we were only moved three times, but it would have been great if management figured out a way to minimize our moves. Please note, the butler service offered to pack and move all of our belongings during each move, but we couldn't accept due to the extraordinary amount of luggage and gear we travel with.

All in all, this is a very comfortable hotel and a near ideal location and a friendly staff. I would have awarded the hotel and overall excellent rating if not for the multiple moves and the small size of the standard rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

We are so pleased you were able to stay with us for such a long stretch of time during your vacation to Aspen, CO. I am glad you found your overall experience in our Resort to be inviting, and that you enjoyed the changes we made during our recent renovation. I appologize that we were unable to place you in the same room for the entirety of your stay over the busy holiday season. Service beyond expectation is a top priority with all of our associates here at the resort and we are truly sorry that you did not have the experience that you were anticipating.

I do hope that we may welcome you to the resort again in the future where you will have our promise for an uncompromising stay. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further concerns or questions.