“concierge is excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
New York City, New York
“concierge is excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

the place is lovely. the concierge is excellent. friendly, quick, and deeply informed, armed with maps, trail options, and even a small card with directions to nearest running trails. $15/day internet is a bit amateurish for a pricey hotel tho.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We are so pleased you were able to spend your recent vacation to Aspen at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am very pleased you found your overall experience with us and our concierge team to be inviting. However, I am dismayed to read about your observations regarding our internet service. We recently overhauled our entire internet system to make connections faster and more reliable for our guests, and continually strive to provide the best service that we can.

I do hope that we may welcome you back to the resort again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further concerns or questions.

H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our annual family trip to southern Colorado was canceled due to the fires, but we were able to make last minute reservations at the St Regis. The hotel is beautiful and the location is perfect. Our young children had a great a stay and loved hanging around the hotel as much as going out. The concierges were very helpful and every suggestion they provided was great. The staff were friendly and always knew our names.
If friendly staff was the only factor, I would have given the hotel an excellent rating. Unfortunately, the actual service provided was at times horrible. The first few times, I put it off to being a busy time of year, but as it continued to happen again and again, it became very frustrating. Some examples of this:
I was at the pool with my kids and we ordered lunch poolside. We placed our order around 12-12:15 of two hamburgers and a salad. At 1, I asked how much longer until the food would be ready, because several other groups that ordered at the same time had received the orders quickly. The answer was 10 more minutes. 15 minutes later when I asked again, the answer was 10 more minutes. When we received our order at 1:30, the hamburgers had cheese, even though we specifically asked for no cheese, and the salad was missing three ingredients. I told my kids to just accept it, since the order had taken so long and we scrapped the cheese off the burgers. Unfortunately, the hamburgers were raw in the middle, so I couldn't let the kids eat them. A manager came by, apologized and said she would not charge us for the meal and get new hamburgers out right away. They did get the hamburgers out quickly, and while rare, with enough ketchup, the kids ate them. When we were leaving the pool, the waiter handed us the bill and when I mentioned what the manager had said, he did not seem to believe me. The original manager was nowhere to be found, so we had to wait another 10 minutes until a second manager came by and voided the check.
The breakfast buffet was very good, but at time, any requests took ages to be fulfilled. I arrived late one morning and everyone else had already started eating. Since I was the only one that drank regular coffee, there was none on the table yet. I had to ask 4 times, to 3 different people and wait 20 minutes before I finally received my coffee.
There were three times when we were sitting in the lounge or patio and the waiter either never came by to take our drink orders or came by after more than 30 minutes. It was never that busy to justify being overlooked for so long.
These were the most egregious examples, but everyday for a week, there was at least one instance of poor service.
I hate giving the hotel such a low rating because it is a beautiful place with very friendly staff, but the service was so poor so many times that I can't give it a higher rating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments and observations regarding your stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. While it sounds as though you were able to enjoy the beauty of Aspen and our recent renovation, I would like to express regret for the shortcomings and difficulties you experienced with regards to the service you received from certain members of the staff. I am sorry that you were not provided with exemplary service at the Shadow Mountain Lounge and Splash Pool Bar. I would also like to offer my apologies for the fact that you were not able to fully relax during your stay given the fact that you had these service reoccurrences. This certainly does not meet our standards, nor your expectations, and for that I am truly sorry.

We sincerely appreciate online reviews as they highlight areas in need of enhancement here at the Resort and your feedback allows us to make proper improvements for the future. Thank you for bringing to my attention the frustrations you encountered with service at our dining outlets. We will address all of these issues with our staff so that we may continue to grow as a team and as a luxury Resort. I am pleased to hear that you received uncompromising service from our concierge team and that your children were able to enjoy their time at the Resort.

I do hope that the next time you travel to Aspen that you will consider staying with us once again. You have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to my office if there is anything that I may assist you with.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our visit to the St. Regis Aspen for cocktails after a good hiking day. We received excellent service (as expected from St. Regis). Lawrence did an excellent job of sabering a nice bottle of champagne. We enjoyed our après-hiking so much, that we returned the following day for Round 2. This time we were showered with exceptional service from Bryan, Michelle and Kyle. In fact, since we missed a brewery tour earlier in the weekend, St. Regis brought the tour to us, lining up a sampling of 6 local brews for us. It was spectacular and extremely thoughtful.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We are very pleased that you had the opportunity to relax at The St. Regis Aspen after a long day of hiking in beautiful Aspen. We enjoyed reading your kind recommendation of our establishment and the bespoke service that you received in our Lounge. Of course, we are dismayed your experience had to come to an end, but we would love to have you here anytime as our guest; so please come visit with us again.

Kindest Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My boss recently stayed here for an event and had a great experience overall. In addition, while there a number of documents needed to be signed, scanned and then sent via overnight express. Being that I was offsite I worried about the documents getting completed and sent where they needed to go. I was put in touch with Meredith in their business center who handled everything effortlessly. I ended up having to go back to her a number of different times because of some issues in the home office, but she took it in stride and never lost her cool. She made it clear that she was happy to assist in any way that she could and got everything completed perfectly. She was great and my boss will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to post such charming, sincere comments regarding your boss' recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am overwhelmed by your beautiful recommendation of the bespoke service that you received from Meredith our Meeting Butler. It is always a pleasure to have return guests at our property and it is indeed individuals such as you and your boss who make our resort feel like a home. We look forward to welcoming your boss to the resort again in the near future. Hopefully one day we may welcome you to the resort as well!

Kind regards,
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay and felt thoroughly pampered by the staff and the elegance of St. Regis. We were attending a meeting but it felt like a vacation because of the setting.

Pros:
Elegant, well kept grounds, colorful flowers, attention to detail, comfy cozy beds, luxury furnishings/decor/fixtures, large rooms, windows with a view, quiet, serene, great location near restaurants and shopping in Aspen, warm bathrooms and large showers, bathrobes and slippers, evening turndown service, housekeeping great, total comfort, pool staff who went out of their way to serve us, complimentary shuttle service to/from airport, and last but not least... STAN at the concierge desk was extremely helpful in helping plan our sightseeing outings. Thanks to Stan!

Cons: (very few)
- No full-length mirror in room.
- Refused to give refund or partial refund when our return flight fell one day earlier than we had planned, so spent large amount of money on 4th night in 2 rooms which we did not occupy ($$$). This was despite giving 2 weeks' notice (by phone and email on several occasions). I understand the hotel's perspective, but given that we are loyal travelers with an honest error in scheduling and several days' notice to fill room, I was a little disappointed.

Nonetheless, a wonderful & memorable visit.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, we truly value your feedback. We are terribly sorry that you experienced issues with our cancelation policy. Service is the cornerstone of our brand promise and it appears that there have been opportunities during your stay where we could have met expectations more. Due to the City of Aspen being a destination resort, we rarely receive last minute bookings; As such our cancellation policies reflect the nature of business in our mountain environment.

I am, however, pleased to hear that your overall stay in Aspen was enjoyable and that you found our recent renovation and accommodations to be attractive. I was delighted to hear that you received uncompromising service from our housekeeping & valet staff and that our concierge, Stan, was able to make your vacation planning run seamlessly.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay in-state for a short getaway from work, choosing the St Regis in Aspen. We arrived on June 6th and stayed through June 11th. From the first greeting of the parking attendant we knew we were in for a great experience. The check-in was effortless, our bellman (Kevin) was knowledgeable and friendly and we were upgraded into a very nice room facing the courtyard. The St. Regis is centrally located so that all of Aspen was within walking distance for us. We were fortunate in that we were there for the opening of the new restaurant for the St. Regis, and with our daily breakfast got to know the staff. We had dinner at the Trecento Quindici Decano and met Chef David, who had been there just five days. We had his excellent appetizer of buffalo mozzarella with peppers and tomatoes and one of his homemade pasta dishes - all I can say is wow! When you have the brunch be sure to try the preserves - the strawberry-rhubarb was so good we purchased some to bring home - maybe you should sell these preserves as a signature food from the St. Regis! I also experienced the Splash Burger poolside - excellent! I wish I could remember the names of the staff, especially the managers, who were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make my wife and I feel like family. The only negative is the lack of an in-room coffee maker. The Brown Palace in Denver and the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs have them and they would be a nice addition to the rooms at the St. Regis. Overall, a friendly and competent staff, excellent accommodations and a new restaurant on the road to greatness - the St. Regis is the place to stay in Aspen. We will be back!

Room Tip: Check on-line at the St. Regis web site for some great deals.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We are very pleased that you had the opportunity to stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort on your quick vacation from out of town. We sincerely appreciate your kind recommendation of our establishment, our new signature restaurant, Trecento Quindici Decano, and the uncompromising service you received from our staff. Of course, we are saddened your experience had to come to an end, but we would love to have you and your family back anytime as our guests; so please come visit us again soon!

Kindest Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

A Regis in a Regal Vista

Arrived at St. Regis Aspen. Looked forward to check this property out.This time I made a special trip from Denver just to check it out. I was curios why a great number of platinum members rate it so low.

My experience started with a bummer. I relied on the Platinum Concierge to find the best route to the hotel. I was advised to take the pass, route 82. travelled for 3 hours from Denver only to find that we were 26 miles away from the property only to find out that the road is closed. It took us another 3 hours to get to the property. I almost decided to stay in Avon at a sister property that I used several times before.
My desire to experience the property made me spend the extra 3 hours in the car.

Got to the property exhausted. It is a great well appointed property. The property was completely empty (I looks like they had a total of nine rooms occupied). I only observed 4 employees: a valet, a person at the front desk, one at the lounge and a supervisor. It looks like most of them just started with the property and it showed. But they were all sweet and nice people. Even though the property was empty, the platinum upgrade was sub-par. There was miscommunication between the employees about a certain perk we were given, so we were kind of humiliated.

The only place to eat was the bar area. We were the only customers but it took a long time. The place was like a ghost town, everything closed. Sure, we had a beautiful property all to ourselves. Nothing to do though. No glimpse of butler service. My shoes were not returned by the time I needed them. They arrived about an hour late.

Down for breakfast. We had a continental breakfast buffet included as the letter from the management clearly states. The only thing, there is no buffet. We were offered 3 items that were completely unappealing. Food, overall was delicious, both at the lounge and breakfast.
I have to say that when I brought the issues to the GM's attention, they were addressed timely. The GM rocks. Raj is a very skilled manager, a great asset to the St. Regis brand. He made us feel like we belong.
We ended our stay with a delicious dinner, even though it was in the bar area, it was first class. Did not get to check the new Chefs Club restaurant as we had to leave before it was opened for dinner.
The spa is beautiful and inviting. The location is amazing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear St. Regis Guest,

We value all our guests here at The St. Regis Aspen Resort and as an SPG member you know that your business is of critical importance to us. We are very sorry that the Platinum Concierge failed to provide you with the proper information about driving to the property and I apologize that our signature amenities were not up to your standards during your stay. You feedback is critical to the continued development of the associates to ensure they are providing an exceptional arrival experience for all of our guests and we thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

I am, however, pleased to hear that you found our staff to be hospitable and that you received uncompromising service from our Food and Beverage Director, Raj.

H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Been to The St. Regis Aspen Resort? Share your experiences!