“The One Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Frisco, Texas
“The One Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nestled against Aspen Snowmass, tucked behind the busy streets filled with art galleries, cafe's and shopping is St. Regis Aspen. Quant, quiet and comfortable describes this hotel experience.
My family and I took a last minute trip to Aspen. Not knowing that this hotel would be the "best" in town! (The Ritz is over a mile away and not within walking distance either ;) We were unfortunate to not be able to get a larger room and had to settle for a small guest room. Even with that, our experience was amazing. Service, staff and valet were all top knotch and extremely eager to assist. The gathering area had a huge pass through fireplace, perfect for warming up. Hot chocolate and hot coffee ready to go! This hotel and it's service is close to the top of our best trips! St. Regis Aspen is the one place to stay in Aspen! The best!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such heartwarming comments regarding your January stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am deeply touched by your kind recommendation of our property’s ideal location, comfortable atmosphere, our commitment to bespoke service and the welcoming lobby amenities. It was an absolute pleasure having you as our guests and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future.

Kind regards,
H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I Had a great stay at the St. Regis, I especially loved the lobby. I enjoyed a cocktail by the fire each night and you could even take a drink to the hot tub. On my final evening, I had a great cinnamon sidecar from the bartender Byron who was extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. Our stay was everything we were hoping for and look forward to visiting again during the winter.

• Stayed May 2013
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We are very pleased that you had the opportunity to stay with us here at The St. Regis Aspen Resort on your recent vacation. I sincerely enjoyed reading your eloquent recommendation of our establishment and the bespoke service that you received from Byron at Shadow Mountain Lounge. Of course, we are dismayed your experience had to come to an end, but we look forward to seeing you here again in the winter.

Kindest Regards,
PARK CITY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My family and I had the opportunity to spend two evenings at the St. Regis Aspen in late April. As this was our first visit to Aspen, we couldn't have asked for a better way to see this amazing town than from our accommodations at the St. Regis.

The check in experience was flawless. Meredith did a nice job of orienting us to the Resort and its surroundings. The room was very impressive. It is my understanding that a recent renovation was conducted. I must say that I was extremely impressed. The furnishings were very tasteful and indicitive of the environment. The bathroom and ameneties were truly 1st class.

Lastly, I would like to mention Xyra, our dinner server in the lobby lounge. She was so incredibily accommodating to my family; learned my children's names and acted upon personal preferences immediately. She was extremely pleasant and sincere. Certainly the highlight of our resort experience.

All said. Great stay. Should our travels bring us back to Aspen, we will certainly choose to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We are very pleased that you had the opportunity to stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort on your first vacation to beautiful Aspen, CO. We sincerely appreciate your kind recommendation of our establishment, our newly renovated spaces and the uncompromising service you received from our staff, specifically Meredith and Xyra. Of course, we are saddened your experience had to come to an end, but we would love to have you here anytime as our guest; so please come stay with us again soon!

Kindest Regards,
sacramento, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We enjoyed being personally greeted at the airport and shuttled to the hotel. The decor of the hotel was warm, modern and sophisticated , yet had a 'mountain' feel to it. My daughter was graciously given a stuffed bear at check-in. The room was stunning, I especially loved the bathroom...the doors near the large bathtub opened to reveal a wonderful view of the mountain.
The ski valet was close and relatively convienent. Location to town is great.
A few issues that prevent an 'excellent' rating : the location of the hot tubs were so far from the interior and up a lot of stairs. Not in issue in warm months, but a long walk in the cold, especially considering we had a child to carry.
Also, considering it was on the mountain, it is still a bit of a hike to Aspen while wearing ski boots and carrying skis.
We were surprised that the hotel does not offer shuttles to the other ski resorts. We were with our 3 year old and the ski school for little ones is in Snowmass. When we inquired about transportation to Snowmass, we were told "the majority of our guests use private transport", which was quite costly. We opted for the free shuttle bus that was just a couple of blocks away, but was a challenge carrying skis and wearing ski boots and walking with a child on the icy streets. Considering the cost of the rooms, a shuttle should be provided.
Overall, a very pleasant

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments and observations regarding your stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. While it sounds as though you had a pleasant stay for the most part, I would like to express regret for the shortcomings and difficulties you experienced with regards to the lack of a hotel skier shuttle service to Snowmass for your daughters ski lessons.

I am, however, pleased to hear that the staff was able to properly recognize your daughter with our signature butler bear and that you found the overall accommodation inviting.

I do hope that the next time you travel to Aspen that you will consider staying with us once again. We have recently added a shuttle to the base of Aspen Mountain. Please do not hesitate to reach out to my office if there is anything that I may assist you with.

Kind Regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Visited the resort this past weekend. This recently renovated property was absolutely gorgeous! I've been to comparable properties in the area and they don't come close. I would love to have some of the furniture pieces in the common area and in my room for my own home. A lot of it is customized so don't bother asking where to buy it. Service was highly attentive and the spa was one of the best I've experienced (ask for Agnes for massage, you won't be disappointed). To top it off, the Chef's Club brings fine dining usually found in NYC and San Francisco to Aspen. Foodies (some say I am) won't be disappointed and I hear they are looking to open ones in NYC and San Fran so stay tuned. Definitely will be back to the St Regis.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

We so appreciate you spending your Aspen vacation at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated all of the touches of our newly renovated resort and that received uncompromising services from our Chef’s Club team and the Spa. We take your feedback very seriously and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Aspen Resort again in the future.

H.Steenge-Hart, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Expectations were high upon check in to the hotel based on hyperbole surrounding the resort. Check-in was carried out by one member of staff on reception, who did not appear to have back-up at busier times as is customary, which led to a 20 minute wait for us to be given our room key. They advised that they would bring our bag up. We waited 45 minutes then called the front desk to inquire about our luggage, and they said they would bring it right up. Then they called back and asked us to describe the luggage (even though they had given us a claim check for the bag). We finally received it about an hour after being in the room.

The room was of a decent standard however we were a little perplexed by the lack of tea / coffee making facilities, especially in a 5 star hotel. On first inspection there was also no iron in the room, which was despatched in due course after being requested. Additionally there was no ipod docking station, only CD clock radio which looked like a relic from the last decade. Upon requesting whether something more modern were available we were met with a perplexed front desk who despatched a technician to assist us, who informed us that he would have to run to the shops and buy some cables to connect it up. Apparently he was doing us a favour as opposed to us going shopping for said leads. How nice of him not making us go out.

We were staying at the hotel to attend a wedding at the property, and so duly sent (day prior to wedding) a shirt to be worn to laundry. Approximately 3 hours before start of wedding we were informed that there had been an accident and that the shirt had been ruined by the one of the machines. After a protracted discussion it was agreed that I would trawl the town trying to find one which I would then charge back. Front desk recommended two stores to purchase a (french cuff) dress shirt, one of which didn’t stock men’s clothing and the other did not have dress shirts. One was duly purchased in the only shop that did, which upon claiming back the cost was disputed and reluctantly finally agreed upon by a stone-faced receptionist under instruction by an invisible manager. In my initial conversation I also requested the offending shirt be returned, which after 5 follow up calls and more than 24hrs later I finally received back.

Breakfast was also a disappointment when we finally managed to eat at the hotel. On day 1 we were told that they were short staffed and that there was a half hour wait for a table, which led us and several other disgruntled guests to leave hotel in search of food elsewhere. On the one morning we did go down we were confronted with abject service and a hostess with no idea as to what was included and what was not in the price of the buffet. What we did find was an over-priced 3rd rate buffet with a poor and unappetising selection with anything approaching edible being a la carte and incurring an additional cost. Even a non-filter coffee, i.e. latte, incurred an additional charge. The hotel also provides complimentary tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby however on both mornings there was no hot water.

When we enquired about printing off one sheet of paper (a speech) for the wedding we were charged $5 for the privilege – absolutely nothing is complimentary regardless of the category of hotel that this is. To top it all off upon packing our bags to check-out we were handed over by the hotel complimentary welcome bags courtesy of the bride and groom, which they were given 72 hours earlier for the guests at check-in, most of whom who had already checked-out.
As I work in the industry I handed them my business card upon check-out requesting management contact me addressing the issues experienced during our stay; we are still waiting to hear from someone.

As a result the whole experience was a huge disappointment and there’s only so much a nice view and great location can placate such sub standard service. After a similar underwhelming experience at another Starwood property we will think twice about ever staying with the Group again. If we ever return to Aspen we will definitely be staying at Hotel Jerome, which in terms of level of customer service, quality and character the St Regis can only dream of.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

We so appreciate you spending your Aspen vacation at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated all of the touches of our newly renovated resort. I am sorry to hear that the service we provided did not meet your expectations and I can assure you that I will be following up.

We take your feedback very seriously and I am reviewing all of your comments to make sure we fully address your concerns on both service and offerings at our property. This type of service certainly does not meet our standards, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you to the Resort once again in the future where you would have our commitment for a more enjoyable experience. Please reach out to my office at info@stregis.com if there is anything that we may do to further assist with these matters.

H.Steenge-Hart, General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a wonderful time. From the check in experience, to the person who showed us to our room and brought us ice. There were chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne waiting in our room for us, it was unexpected and sincerely appreciated.

The staff were all lovely, especially a gentleman at the reception desk, Sean Patrick, he really went above and beyond, made our stay memorable and impressively remembered our names.

There was always friendly drivers ready to take us in to town or to/from the airport. Even the security staff were lovely and obliging enough to take some photos for us.

The only thing we were disappointed about was the charge for Smores $30 a person, that is very pricey - especially when it's complimentary at many other resorts, even St Regis Deer Valley where we spent a few days earlier in the season.

We spent an afternoon in the Remede Spa, my friend got a simple manicure and polish that cost her $48. The rest of us enjoyed adjusting to the altitude with the help of getting hooked up to the oxygen tanks, there were snacks and tea nearby we could have. Orange infused water. The staff at the spa were sweet and friendly. We were lucky enough to be there on an afternoon where there was a makeup line promotion and we each received a complimentary makeover, we chose a great day not to ski!

Overall we loved it and will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to post such charming, sincere comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am overwhelmed by your beautiful recommendation of our property and our bespoke service.

It am pleased you were able to take advantage of the Spa and our Oxygen Lounge. We look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future.

Kind regards,
H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Been to The St. Regis Aspen Resort? Share your experiences!