“Outstanding & Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Glenwood Springs, Colorado, United States
“Outstanding & Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just wanted to relay my experience with this beautiful hotel. We arrived and was immediately met by the the most friendly helpful staff who made our stay perfect. The rooms were impeccable and every attention to detail was obviously made with the design of these beautiful rooms. We ventured out to the courtyard during a beautiful snow fall and found every inch of the courtyard floor to be heated with fireplaces spread throughout. Aspen is a wonderful place to play and we would definitely stay again at this resort hotel. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

Doug & Roxanne
Glenwood Springs, CO.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such engaging comments regarding your stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am overwhelmed by your thoughtful recommendation of our property and our uncompromising service. It is always a pleasure to have return guests at our resort and we look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future.

H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel was great and the hot tub was relaxing. The bloody mary was outstainding and the serivice was outstanding. Close walking distance to downtown Aspen. Our room had a great view of the mountains. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the hotel is very nice aesthetically. Nice rooms. Comfortable beds. If you are just looking for a place to set your head and have no interest in any of the service aspects (restaurants, room service, service butler, etc) then you are in luck, if you have the money. The rooms I will say are smaller than some other St. Regis rooms I have stayed in, but still nice overall. However, if you are in want of service, avoid this place at all costs. It has literally the worst service I have experienced at a St. Regis EVER. Ordered room service a few times...EVERY time the order came wrong (wrong food, charged for something I didn't order, given the wrong portion size of something ordered, etc). This is most likely because the people on the phone do not understand anything you are saying. They are foreign, so I'm not sure if it is a language barrier, or just simply carelessness. Whatever the case- the service is terrible. Same thing for the restaurant. Ordered steak salad, got a tuna steak sandwich...what? Also. the quesadilla uses straight up cheap processed cheese. If I wanted cheap overly processed food, I'd go to McDonalds, not St. Regis. Overall, HUGE disappointment and not living up to the St. Regis brand.

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you found our recent remodel captivating and our guest bedrooms comfortable.

Unfortunately, I am absolutely dismayed to read of your observations regarding the service you received from our private dining. This type of service certainly does not meet our standards, and for that I apologize. I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you once again in the future where you would have our commitment for a more enjoyable dining experience.

Please reach out to us at info@stregis.com if there is anything that we may do to further assist with this matter. We look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the future.

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at my friends house down the street from the St. Regis of Aspen a couple weeks ago. We would stop in for the live band, quality drinks, and welcoming atmosphere. On our first visit we were cheerfully greeted by some nice young men at the front door. Upon entering we immediately took to the band as they were playing some of my favorite classic tunes. Shortly after finding a seat at the bar we we're greeted by one of my new favorite bartenders Dan. He welcomed us to his bar and offered to make the most exquisite of drinks for us. Each night that we returned he greeted us by name and cleared a spot at his bar for us. Truly 5 star service and I look forward to stopping back in the Shadow Mountain Lounge for another drink with Dan upon my next return to Aspen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to post such charming comments regarding your visits to The Shadow Mountain Lounge at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am overwhelmed by your beautiful recommendation of our lounge and the bespoke service you received from Dan. It is always a pleasure to have return guests at our property and it is indeed individuals such as you who make our resort truly feel like a home. We look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a nice property, but the rooms are ridiculously small! Maybe that's ok if you're staying one night, but we booked a week, and since the rooms don't have a clothes closet (only a small coat closet above the wall safe) we had to ask for a clothes rack to hang our clothes on, which took up most of the free space in the room! I went to the desk and asked for a suite which was only $200 a night more. They said they had to show me one, but I said we didn't need to see it, that we would take it. They insisted we had to see it, and made an appointment for us to see it after they cleaned it. OK. We hung around, then they called us to view it, and we loved it and said we would take it. Then they told us it wasn't available! Nothing would be available during our stay. I didn't get why they wasted our time.
The other chief complaint we had was the inconsistency and the price of the room service. Breakfast cost us $165 for 2! And it was barely warm. We ordered the same things each day, and each day the items were prepared differently and charged differently. One day the food was stone cold. We complained, and they said they would do something for us, but the never did. We did curb our menu selections and trimmed our daily breakfast charge to $120 or slightly below by not ordering juice or coffee. Instead I brought up free coffee from the lobby to the room, and we drank ice water instead of juice. Even their signature visiting chefs 5 star restaurant wasn't as expensive as their room service breakfast! In fact none of our evening meals at 6 of Aspen's priciest restaurant were.
I have never written a review about anything before. I don't mind spending money on nice places if I get what I'm paying for. We stayed at the St. Regis in Rome last year for half the price and got a 1200 sq. ft. suite, and it was amazing! They gave us a butler to do our laundry and put away our clothes every day, and anything else we requested. Again, I can live with $1,200 a night, but since I work for my money I get sick being gouged. Knowing we were being ripped off overshadowed our entire stay, despite the nice surroundings and the friendly personnel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the resort. We are pleased to hear that your overall interactions with our staff were pleasant and helpful and that you enjoyed our recently redesigned guest rooms and resort. We are sorry to hear, however, that your experience in transferring to a suite was less than what you expected during your stay and we sincerely apologize that the service you received from our private dining was below par.

Please know that we take all comments posted very seriously and sincerely appreciate the feedback as it is of the utmost importance to us to help in maintaining and improving our service standards. We thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. If there is anything we may assist you with further, please feel free to reach out to my office at info@stregis.com.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The St. Regis Aspen Resort again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Western Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is such a beautiful hotel and everything from the accommodations to the amenities was extraordinary! The staff was very kind and they treated us very well. The St. Regis was such a special place to experience Aspen. You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such meaningful comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am overwhelmed by your kind recommendation of our property and our bespoke service. We look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future.

New Castle, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had a great stay at the St Regis in Aspen. Exceptional staff, rooms and amenities. 24 hour outdoor heated pools and hot tub in the snow. wow! fireplace in the room. be sure to start with the 445 champagne tasting! Great town to come visits with something for everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The St. Regis Aspen Resort? Share your experiences!