“Outstanding service and a welcoming feel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 36 hotels in Aspen
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Outstanding service and a welcoming feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at my friends house down the street from the St. Regis of Aspen a couple weeks ago. We would stop in for the live band, quality drinks, and welcoming atmosphere. On our first visit we were cheerfully greeted by some nice young men at the front door. Upon entering we immediately took to the band as they were playing some of my favorite classic tunes. Shortly after finding a seat at the bar we we're greeted by one of my new favorite bartenders Dan. He welcomed us to his bar and offered to make the most exquisite of drinks for us. Each night that we returned he greeted us by name and cleared a spot at his bar for us. Truly 5 star service and I look forward to stopping back in the Shadow Mountain Lounge for another drink with Dan upon my next return to Aspen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to post such charming comments regarding your visits to The Shadow Mountain Lounge at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am overwhelmed by your beautiful recommendation of our lounge and the bespoke service you received from Dan. It is always a pleasure to have return guests at our property and it is indeed individuals such as you who make our resort truly feel like a home. We look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future.

553 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a nice property, but the rooms are ridiculously small! Maybe that's ok if you're staying one night, but we booked a week, and since the rooms don't have a clothes closet (only a small coat closet above the wall safe) we had to ask for a clothes rack to hang our clothes on, which took up most of the free space in the room! I went to the desk and asked for a suite which was only $200 a night more. They said they had to show me one, but I said we didn't need to see it, that we would take it. They insisted we had to see it, and made an appointment for us to see it after they cleaned it. OK. We hung around, then they called us to view it, and we loved it and said we would take it. Then they told us it wasn't available! Nothing would be available during our stay. I didn't get why they wasted our time.
The other chief complaint we had was the inconsistency and the price of the room service. Breakfast cost us $165 for 2! And it was barely warm. We ordered the same things each day, and each day the items were prepared differently and charged differently. One day the food was stone cold. We complained, and they said they would do something for us, but the never did. We did curb our menu selections and trimmed our daily breakfast charge to $120 or slightly below by not ordering juice or coffee. Instead I brought up free coffee from the lobby to the room, and we drank ice water instead of juice. Even their signature visiting chefs 5 star restaurant wasn't as expensive as their room service breakfast! In fact none of our evening meals at 6 of Aspen's priciest restaurant were.
I have never written a review about anything before. I don't mind spending money on nice places if I get what I'm paying for. We stayed at the St. Regis in Rome last year for half the price and got a 1200 sq. ft. suite, and it was amazing! They gave us a butler to do our laundry and put away our clothes every day, and anything else we requested. Again, I can live with $1,200 a night, but since I work for my money I get sick being gouged. Knowing we were being ripped off overshadowed our entire stay, despite the nice surroundings and the friendly personnel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the resort. We are pleased to hear that your overall interactions with our staff were pleasant and helpful and that you enjoyed our recently redesigned guest rooms and resort. We are sorry to hear, however, that your experience in transferring to a suite was less than what you expected during your stay and we sincerely apologize that the service you received from our private dining was below par.

Please know that we take all comments posted very seriously and sincerely appreciate the feedback as it is of the utmost importance to us to help in maintaining and improving our service standards. We thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. If there is anything we may assist you with further, please feel free to reach out to my office at info@stregis.com.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The St. Regis Aspen Resort again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Western Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is such a beautiful hotel and everything from the accommodations to the amenities was extraordinary! The staff was very kind and they treated us very well. The St. Regis was such a special place to experience Aspen. You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such meaningful comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am overwhelmed by your kind recommendation of our property and our bespoke service. We look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future.

New Castle, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had a great stay at the St Regis in Aspen. Exceptional staff, rooms and amenities. 24 hour outdoor heated pools and hot tub in the snow. wow! fireplace in the room. be sure to start with the 445 champagne tasting! Great town to come visits with something for everyone.

Lemont, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had the most exceptional service experience from Dan in the lounge. He made my favorite Bloody Mary and it was perfect! But more importantly he gave us excellent service. Anticipating our needs and meeting them with a cheerful, helpful attitude even during a quite busy time. I hope to have him serve us on our next trip!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We are so pleased you were able to stay with us on your vacation in February and take advantage of our beautiful Shadow Mountain Lounge. I am especially pleased to hear of the uncompromising service you received from our bartender, Dan.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again in the near future. It was a privilege having you as our guest.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I had the most perfect espresso martini at the lobby bar. I hate being high maintenance, but I'm very particular about my espressotinis. My bartender Byron accommodated my every request and made it exactly the way I like it.

• Stayed February 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at this hotel 3 times a winter for 8 years. We've always liked it, but they had a change of management within the last year and now we LOVE it! Lots more attention to guest care and needs, quicker responses to requests, and a general attitude that has been inbued on all staff that they are to make sure the guest satisfaction is paramount. Also, a redecoration of the rooms and public areas has improved the esthetics quite a bit. If you want a great resort experience where you're greeted with a smile and left with a smile, you couldn't do better.

Room Tip: The spa could stand to train their masseuses better. It's an uneven experience; sometimes you ge...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisAspenResort, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to post such heartwarming comments regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am overwhelmed by your kind recommendation of our property and our bespoke service. It is always a pleasure to have return guests at our resort and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you to the resort again in the near future.

H. Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Been to The St. Regis Aspen Resort? Share your experiences!