“Great price, great place, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Great Holiday Rates
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“Great price, great place, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Tyrolean Lodge for a 4 day ski trip. The place was great and we had lots of room to put all stuff that goes along with skiing. The decor is a bit cheese, but cute. The service was amazing. They even waited up for our arrival at 11:30pm for our check in. He even took the time to give us a map of the town and tell us about resturant, shops, night life, etc. we were in walking distance to everything in town. Although we were not in the "heart" of the city we were not far at all. We walked the whole city and didn't have any problems. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Afterall, you are there to skiing and enjoy the town. It makes it that much better to have a nice place to stay that doesn't cost you a fortune.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Boone, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I stayed here for one night in September, and I selected this establishment for two reasons, 1). it looked like a cool old out of the ordinary place, and 2). it offered the most reasonably priced accomodation in town I could find. Upon arrival I was swifly greeted by a cordial gentleman that I assumed to be the proprietor and he quickly checked me in and informed me that he was going to refund me $5 because he thought he had overcharged me for my room. Huh? OK. He then proceeded to give me a brief rundown of the lodge, my room, and all the other need to know stuff and then went outside to show me the best place to park my motorcycle. During my stay we crossed paths several times and he always offered a friendly wave or greeting, this personal interaction was a nice change of pace. The building and grounds appeared to be well cared for and although right on the main road I really didn't notice the traffic and was able to enjoy a peaceful stay. The room was very comfortable and clean, well appointed and the decor was quite interesting. If ever I should return to Aspen I will first look to the Tyrolean for my lodging, and I think you should too!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

We had the opportunity to stay at the Tyrolean Lodge during a multi-family gathering in August. The Lodge was just exactly what we wanted; comfortable, family-friendly, within walking distance to EVERYTHING (parks, bakeries, shops, restaurants!) and unbelievably affordable!! The kitchenettes are remodeled and super clean, the beds comfortable and the staff as nice as can be. The Lodge is so charming and historic; it's naturally retro hip. I loved that it's not only family-owned but was hand-built by the founder himself. (You can read all about him and the history of skiing within the halls of the lodge...so cool!) This is truly a gem in downtown Aspen. We're already planning our winter stay!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We had a great stay at the Tyrolean Lodge. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Having kitchen facilities (albeit minimal) made the place even more of a deal in an otherwise very spendy town. The staff was welcoming and friendly. We had a wonderful time in Aspen, thanks in no small measure to the folks at the Tyrolean Lodge.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

We had a very large room with a fireplace, kitchenette and great views of the mountains. There are lovely sculptures all over the grounds with great old ski photos and posters in the hallways and the rooms. The free internet kept me in touch back home, all within 2 blocks of the downtown area. It is very quaint and very private. I loved it. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Look, straight up, Aspen is an expensive place to stay. You don't really get value for money here, which is a disappointing because Aspen is an awesome place. The Tyrolean Lodge gives you a room with a comfortable bed, it's clean and you get a small kitchen with your own bathroom. The kitchen is REALLY small - just a couple of stove top burners, but we stayed a week and cooked regularly, did just fine. For 2 people it's great, for any more I'd so no way. If you want to spend your money enjoying the town and the mountains instead of on your accom, this is the place to stay. The location is perfect - middle of town with buses taking you everywhere you need all the time.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

We actually traveled to Aspen because my husband needed to be in the area for a business shoot. The Tyrolean Lodge is perfectly situated in the center of Aspen, with the added benefit of a quieter location. We were able to walk everywhere! The Lodge has everything a family needs - nice size rooms that easily accommodated our family of 4. This is not a frilly hotel, but is clean, friendly and very comfortable. Our family recommends the Tyrolean to all of our friends often!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

Been to Tyrolean Lodge? Share your experiences!