“Chickpea Fritters...yum” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Element 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 146 restaurants in Aspen
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring St.
Description: The Little Nell's latest restaurant revives soulful American cuisine with a distinctive, artistic flair. Savor contemporary cooking infused with seasonal ingredients; Toast a mining town’s heritage with a glass of Colorado beer or spirits, or select from a Burgundy-rich wine list with assistance from an expert Sommelier. Element 47's sleek design creates a memorable dining ambience, highlighted by a large-scale art installation and glass wine wall -- a subtle nod to a prestigious and award-winning wine list. The talents of Executive Chef Robert McCormick and Wine Director/Master Sommelier Carlton McCoy, who oversees a 15,000 bottle private wine cellar, combine to create a very special meal. Element 47 is the recipient of Wine Spectator's Grand Award. Indulge in breakfast, lunch or dinner or private event at element 47, and experience world-class, personal service in an approachable and timeless alpine environment.
“Chickpea Fritters...yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 NEW

Ok, pretty close to a 5 star experience---but just not quite. This is a great spot with a wonderful setting...if the weather is right, sit on the patio. It is beautiful and the food is very good. Creative and fresh, you probably cannot miss with anything...Colorado Lamb with chickpea fritters were very good. The cheeses were excellent as well. I guess I wanted a bit more selection on the menu and maybe more prompt service. Like I said this was very close to a 5 star experience.

Aspen is awesome.

Enjoy.

81% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We ate out on the patio on a very busy night but our table was ready on time and service was very attentive. We all had the gnocchi and loved it. It was perfect for a light summer meal and we had room for the delicious limoncello dessert. Bliss.

Visited June 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Excellent meal with our pets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Starting with the basics...the food was excellent. The portions might be considered small by some, but we thought it was just right so you could enjoy multiple courses without being overly full. My husband thought his steak was one of the best he's had and I thoroughly enjoyed my fish. Everything was cooked perfectly. The wait staff was very personable and we enjoyed meeting each one of them. We ate out by the pool which was covered and had heaters so we were not cold even though the night was chilly.

Now, for the fun and unique part of the meal. We brought our two small dogs who where as pampered as we were. The waiters brought them fresh water bowls with homemade dog biscuits when we sat down. They had their own menu to choose from. They loved it! Usually they pay attention to us when we are eating, but they were completely focused on the wait staff once they realized they had the food. It was a fun thing to do for a true dog lover.

FYI- if you don't like dogs, no worries, they are not allowed in the restaurant, so you won't have issues eating inside. Dogs are served by the pool or in the "living room" of the lobby at The Little Nell.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carbondale, Colorado
“Good people watching, maybe a little condescending”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

A couple of friends of mine came up to Aspen for a girls' trip (I live nearby) and we ate here based on its high approval rating on Urbanspoon. The food was good and the prices were as high as you'd expect for Aspen. We sat at a great table facing the entire restaurant and really got a kick out of the people-watching (lots of fur and plastic surgery at the table next to us). However, as three young women, we felt a little condescended to; it was an intangible feeling that I couldn't really pinpoint until the waiter gave us each a ballpoint pen after the meal (is this our Happy Meal prize or something?). I'm not sure we really did anything to merit that, as we're all accustomed to eating at high-caliber restaurants, dressed nicely, and wouldn't have eaten there if we couldn't afford it. However, it's Aspen and that behavior is somewhat to be expected--although at the really great places it hasn't been an issue. Overall, I'd say if you're willing to pay for a great meal, there are better places in Aspen.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
boca raton, florida
“Missing some "Elements"!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Overall very nice...Located in the Little Nell Hotel...very beautiful.
The restaurant was very quiet and very empty...So when I tried to change the time of my reservation..they could not seem to accomodate me..The appetizers were good,,I had poached Lobster, my husband had the Foie Gras ..My main course was extremely bland..fettuccini in a lemon sauce...They were very kind to switch it our for me..and my Halibut was superb!!
The sommelier recommended a wonderful wine...
I would definitely go back again!! but I can't say it was my best mea1.

Visited June 2014