“Santa leaf ho ho ho ha ha ha” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 153 Restaurants in Aspen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Families with children, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Santa leaf ho ho ho ha ha ha”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This place is ok...one person in our party got the "Santa leaf wrapped chick breast and mozzarella," which was, in reality, a leaf stuffed with cheese. "It's just cheese in a leaf," he repeatedly exclaimed, and interjected that it was not much of a dinner. The other entrees we got were better, but of the dozen or so restaurants we experienced in Aspen, this one was pretty far down on the list.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Coquitlam, Canada
“Great Meal, decent portion, personable server”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I sat at the Bar, the long-haired Bartender-come-server made sure that I was very welcome. He introduced me to the other locals at the bar, and i enjoyed a very nice time. He and the locals offered me great suggestions on drinks and food. To top it off he had SNF on the TV and it turns out we are both Cowboys fans. I recommend this very nice relaxing time.

• Visited October 2013
Sedona
“Great Food, Small portions, Indifferent Server”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Loved the unique menu at this off-beat Aspen bistro. Down some stairs into a hideaway apart from the typical Aspen scene. We were greeted not so warmly by a long-haired bartender-come-server who seemed as if he could care less if we sat or not. He was a bit off-putting when we asked for reccommendations on drinks and entrees. He did serve us promptly, though, and even checked back to see if the drinks and food were ok. They were very good. My husband ordered a classic Mojito; I had a classic Margarita. For dinner, we had the Chicken Oaxaca and the Grilled Duck. Both were excellent. My husband thought the portions were too small, but I figured they were pretty standard for the type of restaurant and locale.
Overall, very good. Could have jumped to excellent with a little more effort from the server.

• Visited September 2013
Colorado
“Our Party Loved Every Bite and Swallow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really good restaurants are rare, even in gilt and glitter city. Whomever occupies the responsible kitchen position at Zocalito knows what they are doing. We enjoyed mussels, tostadas, the Sangria, cocktails and many dishes I can't recall. Our assessment of the food was unanimous, and included two locals and six of us who visit Aspen often. Service was a bit slow at first, but improved after we prompted. Go!

• Visited August 2013
Westminster, Colorado
“Funky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We enjoy eclectic food. My husband ordered the short ribs with a mole sauce, which was very good. I ordered the grilled calamari stuffed with chorizo, rice, and veges. My dish was outstanding - all eight bites. Yes, it was small. The atmosphere was colorful, but kind of funky and didn't really match the 'bistro' label. The beer selection was limited (no draft beer) and pricey ($7 for a bottle). The servers seemed distracted and somewhat disinterested.

• Visited August 2013