“Go see if you are a John Denver fan” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Monuments/ Statues, Parks
Attraction Details
Wilmette, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
“Go see if you are a John Denver fan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very pretty, and fun to see John Denver's songs carved into rocks. A nice tribute to him and his music. very peaceful, an easy walk around the grounds.

Visited May 2013

“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been a John Denver fan for 38yrs. I have always to see this place. I was so upset that everything looked so dumpy. I left crying. Estes is a much better place to stay!

Mary

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
33 attraction reviews
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went by this several times on the Rio Trail and didn't even know it. After doing some research on trip advisor to see what sights we missed we noticed the Sanctuary. Well worth the trip but easier to plan if you do the Rio Trail.

Visited June 2013
Houston
14 attraction reviews
“John would have been very proud of this place! Kudos to Aspen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We really stumbled upon this park on the way back to the Public Parking Garage on the south side of town. We were headed back to the car from the City Market & I saw the path leading down to the river just before Rio Grande Park. My family was tired as we had walked all over Aspen already, but humored me & down the trail to the river we went. What a beautiful trail. My wife was taking photos of the river & the small stone ponds with waterfalls & eventually we came to a large boulder with a poem or song engraved on it. I looked past this boulder & then I saw it- "Rocky Mountain High" engraved on another boulder. I looked around me & saw another boulder with "Rhymes & Reason" engraved on it. Another boulder confirmed my suspicion- it was like John Denver's epitaph. There are rock benches to sit & take in the sound of the river & the peace of this place. I so regretted having left my guitar back in Leadville....I will come back to this place one day again & I will play Rocky Mountain High to John as a salute to one of the best songwriter & singer I have had the pleasure to listen to. Aspen should be highly commended as they are building such as beautiful & serene place. I can just imagine that John is giving his thumbs up to this tribute. Very much worth the visit.

Visited June 2013
Covington, Louisiana
7 attraction reviews
“loved the views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

the walk from the lodge was easy and he view were beautiful and easy access to the town when walk was over

Visited November 2012