“Cosy Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

970-925-5160
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Fig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 146 restaurants in Aspen
Transit: Two blocks down in front of the Hotel Jerome
San Francisco, California
“Cosy Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Little restaurant in heart of Aspen, definitely requires reservations. Our busser became our server which he didn't knew till the end, was funny but he tried. I tried Ginger infused Margarita, tasty, was a hit for me.

forgot what i had for appetizers but roasted chicken with asparagus, baby carrots and pan jus which made it crispy and juicy. Highlight of the night- Beignets with creme Anglaise for dessert, Oh boy we are on heaven. will definitely visit this place again

• 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“Pleasant evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We did not have a reservation but were able to get a seat at the bar. We are happy to do this as we get a chance to chat with the bartenders and have an "adult" dinner. The place was full within half an hour. We ordered partly from the bar menu and partly from the dining room menu. Fig salad was excellent, although figs were dried rather than fresh (of course they likely don't grow fresh figs in Colorado, especially in March). Hubbie had rocket salad and lobster risottto which was excellent. Spicy shrimp were good. Attentive service, good wine list. A little expensive for offering.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Finding a new spot in Aspen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spring break weekend and no reservations, good luck finding a restaurant. As we wandered around town and all our usual places were full - we came across the Wild Fig, Had a table for 4 and we took it! Fresh pasta, Great wine list and everything we had was tasty and seasoned perfectly.. The wild mushroom soup was perfect on a cold night and the fresh pasta was more than enough to satisfy you.. Will definitely be back, nice to find a new restaurant in town that's as good as this one.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Whitehorse, Canada
“parmesan truffle fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

It was difficult choosing which restaurants to eat at during out limited time in Aspen. In the end, we were pleased with our dinner at Wild Fig. We made reservations but the restaurant was empty except for 2 other tables. Service was very attentive, we had probably the ONLY friendly French waiter in the world. He was lovely. We started with parmesan truffle fries which were wonderful. My partner and I disagree on whether they were better than the ones at Bleu in Grand Cayman - but hey, if that's what you're up against, that is good company! I had the fig pork chops. While I did not enjoy the flavour profile of the fig sauce, the dish was well cooked and of ample size that we did not have room for dessert. Overall this was a solid restaurant, with good food and excellent service. Compared to most other meals in Aspen/Snowmass, this was one of the better places.

Visited January 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Does Management Give a Fig?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've waited to tell this tale about a restaurant I really wanted to love. But I have ended up resenting the experience I had there. Four of us dined there while vacationing in Aspen. We ordered a shared appetizer with tapenade, hummus, etc. Quite tasty. Service was quite adequate at this point in the meal. However, we hadn't exactly bonded with our server, and it seemed she just wasn't a "people person". The main courses arrive--- a lamb shank, pork chop, duck & risotto, and the roasted chicken. The dishes were beautifully presented. We each started our entrees and they were delicious (although the pork was a bit tough). None the less, we felt like we had hit a culinary home run. And then I began to eat these beautifully roasted vegetables, and when I cut through them I discovered a Sharpie permanent marker cap tucked in among the carrots and asparagus. When you are about to spend $200 on a meal, I don't see the addition of writing instruments to my food as added value. The server whisked the plate away very quickly. Okay, so these things can happen, right? And I should be thankful it was a pen cap, right? And the measure of service is how a restaurant deals with an unfortunate and obvious mistake, right? We discussed these rationalizations while I waited for the moment of truth. She came back and offered to give me a new plate of chicken. Score 1 point. She said the manager took the dish off my bill and sends his apologies. Score another couple points. She brings back a plate of vegetables as I requested--- another point. She comes to offer dessert menus. No offer to comp dessert. Take away a point. She then curtly brings the bill when we don't order dessert. Take away a point. As we leave, we talk to the manager--- or who we thought was the manager. He was filling in for the real manager. And we were met with more attitude and lots of excuses. Take away all scored points. In fairness, he offered to have us come back another night--- but too little too late. In summary, I really want to like this place. I really want to cut them some slack for putting a foreign object in my food. But I just can't---- not at this price point and not in an upscale city like Aspen.

• 2 of 5 stars Food