“The worst place I EVER stayed!” 1 of 5 stars

Savannah Suites Arvada
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6455 N Sheridan Blvd, Arvada, CO 80003   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arvada
United States
“The worst place I EVER stayed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

Terrible service! WiFi is a lie - yeah if you go back on time and happen to have
an Ethernet cable. No towels ... You can come and get them from the front desk
What! Nothing on the walls, nothing in the bathroom. No shampoo, no towels, no extra TP.
Smelly room- front desk said too bad! Truly the worst stay ever. Then we had to fight to get our money back when we hated it and left. Went to Marriott and paid almost the same and
the service was impeccable , food was great ,(no food at Savannah) and all the amenities. Supposed to be non- smoking. It wasn't. Noisy - they allowed loud parties people who were
drunk pounded on doors, etc. Terrible! Was going to stay 5 nights. Switched hotels after first
night. Very dissappointed.
Savannah a very negative experience!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
arvada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

copy of letter I sent
I checked into the Arvada Savannah Suites on oct 13, I asked for and was told I was getting a non smoking room. I checked in at 6pm. The room smelled like chemicals but I thought it was just freshly cleaned. I opened a window and went back to my construction job till about 1030 pm. When I came back the smell seemed a little better but the room was cold. After a fitful night sleep trying to leave the window open and stay warm I woke up with a terrible headache and the room smell had not abaited. I had done 3 loads of wash when I got back at 10 30pm and and the clothes where laid out to pack. That morning with barely a voice I told the manager the problem and she told me there was nothing she would do or adjust. the clothes reeked of chemical as well. She also told me that people had been smoking in the room the days before and and that they had used a 'machine' to clean it. I told the manager I was going to see a doctor and she said that was my choice. I went back a few hours later as now my car stunk from the clothes and she said it was my problem I should have have said something last night. She wouldn't even think of 'considering' a refund until i presented her with the medical emergency bills. An emergency room visit is about $500. After talking to a doctor I decided not to seek medical advice as I do not have the money.
I 'contracted' with you and paid you in full to provide me with a smokefree room and i paid for that. You provided me a smoked up room with chemical smell as well. Your manager's lack of concern and downright rudefulness prompted me to call the health dept and then the fire dept as she wouldn't tell me the chemical used. The health dept called me back and the manager said all they use is a humidifier, Without chemical.
Humidifier do not give people headaches and make everything I had in the room stink like chemical. I have no choice but to call the state health dept, City of Arvada, and the Colorado Dept of Reglatory Agencies, FTC local papers etc. and The Tom Martino Show(a local troubleshooter with some national syndication. Your manage took as a threat but I explained that you would get to tell your side of the great service you provide to customers like me. The fact is you lied in what you said you would provide me and what I paid for and you refuse to compensate my loss that you cause. What would you do?
I also left a message yesterday on your complaint line and it was ignored as well. A very poor way to do business.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Argyle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

We spent 7 nights at this location. The weekly rate was a bargain!! We were visiting family and the hotel was very convenient and just a short drive from their home.

This property is very clean and well maintained. The exercise room and laundry area were great. It was very quiet. We never heard noise in the hall or in neighboring rooms. The area around the hotel seemed very 'safe'.

We were in a queen room and it was not "huge", but was adequate. The kitchen area was also very suitable for our needs.

Not sure why, but we were told we would not have any housekeeping services during our stay, but could get clean towels, etc. from the office or maid. No problem there. However, after the 6th night our room was cleaned. Suggest you check this out at the desk...if there IS a housekeeping day during a week's stay ask to have it after night 3 or 4.

We definitely would use this hotel again!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

We just returned from a stay in Denver for the DNC. Honestly we chose the Savannah Suites based on the price. Maybe we weren't expecting too much but we received a lot from the staff who helped us in many ways.

First, the hotel is fairly new and clean, which is important to me. This is an extended stay hotel with those types of amenities. Laundry facilities and the kitchenette were a big plus. The rooms were nice size, decent bathroom, great shower. In fact you could be well over 6 ft. tall and not come close to hitting the shower head. Bed was comfortable, air conditioning worked well and it was nice to be able to open the window.

Second, the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. They helped us get an extra night (without gouging us), gave us excellent directions to anywhere we asked and printed out our boarding passes when our wireless connection quit working. Cleaning staff was thorough and efficient.

Downside. The walls are extremely thin. Person in the next room had a great voice, but at 3:00 a.m. it was a bit too much. I pounded on the wall and the singing stopped.

I gave a rating of above average based on the price. This hotel is just fine for those who are in Denver to see Denver, not spend hours in their hotel room. Better room available for more money, I'm sure there is but at $70 a night this hotel is just fine.

• Liked — Great price, close to all Denver attractions, wonderful staff
  • Disliked — Thin walls and low lighting in bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bozeman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

Our stay seemed to get worse and worse. Yes we tried to check in before rooms were available and that was fine there were none ready, but when we came back exhausted for the night we walk into our 2 double bedroom to find 1 bed, to share with 3 people. Then of course the only other rooms available at that point were smoking rooms. The next day we would be at a wedding all day and not have time to change rooms so we simply asked to have 3 sets of towels in the smoking room. We arrive back late that night to find our keys didnt work, and then not even 2 sets of towels. The rooms are nice with a huge kitchen and coffee pot but they don't give you coffee, or complimentary shampoo/conditioner. There is no breakfast at all, and nothing really close except a gas station or a taco bell/pizza hut/KFC that aren't open until 11. Needless to say my first trip to Denver was not a very good one.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2006

first we arrive and park in the wide open underdround dungeon no locks and some guy sleeping in the corner...then we go in and need to be buzzed in the office...then with some hesitation i sign my mastercard...big mistake...then they give us the key to the room...well it seemed ok then i noticed that the window had been pryed open reciently and not repaired..like it was planned to return to do another break-in...so i go to the office and tell them they seem to not know about it,,,which can tell you how they clean the room...so they give us another room...this one on the second floor...we go up...then the smell hits us...like someone died and they sprayed the hall with new car smell...well we gave it a few minutes and we could not stand the smell anymore i went down to cancel my room ...i would rather sleep in my car than stay in this dump...well par for the course they would not refund my mastercard ...i guess then needed my 100$ to get more pine air fresheners for the second floor....in conclusion mastercard will not refund my money even though there is proof that i stayed in a nice hotel (same price) on sunset blvd...so in conclusion guest house and suites should be re-named motel hell and given a proper burial somewhere under the tar pits where we won't smell it....thanks

robert watson...edmonton alberta

• Stayed February 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arvada
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
#16 of 18 in Westminster
3.0 of 5 stars 54 reviews

Been to Savannah Suites Arvada? Share your experiences!